for Angels and Demons

4/24/2019 c1 ADA
After reading this story, in my heart I felt an odd mixture of soul crushing sorrow and a deep reservoir of satisfaction. This was truly a wonderfully well written and executed piece of fiction. This really does merit as a personal favorite, especially for your portrayal of Chara. Great work, well done.
9/22/2018 c1 8Missing Middle
There is this sense of freedom and confidence in your writing that I admire very much. Although I don't know much about the characters, I still find myself drawn in by the powerful combination of logic and creativity.
10/10/2017 c1 6LilAlyCat
How you you even

I just came from one of your other fics convinced you could in no way get any better but you know what you outdid yourself.

You convey emotions perfectly, making the reader emphasize. The desperation that is a person who feels trapped in visible in the quiet tension you portray in the stream if consciousness narration we see with Chara

Gotta go look at another one of your fics now. I’m enjoying this
5/23/2017 c1 12The Mad Mystic
While waiting for Recursion, or really any Undertale story worth reading, to update, I came across this from your profile. I avoided it at first because of the usual "chara is evil" stories, but after reading recursion I realized you probably dont see it that way, and gave it a shot. I am glad I did too!

Some of the other reviewers complained about misanthropy, but this is less about misanthropy and more about Chara being a child who put too much weight on herself and went with a drastic plan because she could not let any possibility of her family's future exist. It was even highlighted with that breakdown, she genuinely hated what she had to do, but believed so firmly that it was necessary. She did not convince Asriel, she convinced herself. But that belief, as with many others, caused the death of reason for her. She ended up becoming the Demon in a great, twisted and beautiful way. Wonderful Horror! Good luck with any other stories, and keep up the great work. Its rare to find a well written Undertale story, even a oneshot like this.
11/12/2016 c1 13Heroic Spectre
Ah, I was looking for something like this.
You know, no one wants to admit it, but Chara really does have a point. As you've demonstrated here, monsters are God. Damn. Terrifying. The game makes it clear that a monster with seven souls has the power to destroy all of humanity. I'm honesty surprised that Flowey says there's nothing to worry about after the True Pacifist Ending when this issue is left unresolved. All it would take is a single hateful human and a single equally hateful monster working together to destroy everything. It's not unreasonable to worry that one race will eventually destroy the other.
Not to say that genocide is the answer, of course. My favorite part is when Chara nearly breaks down and wishes she had faith in Asriel, Asgore, and Toriel, wishing she could go back to her normal childhood life. It really helped drive home the sheer horror of it all. Even in this story, I can't help but feel for Chara. Although, I know this is a "what-if" scenario, but Asriel does take it a little too well. I would think he would be a bit more shaken up after watching an entire race die.
Anyway, this certainly wasn't an uplifting story, but it's good in its own, massively tragic way.
10/22/2016 c1 The Toad Soldier
Absolutely hated the story. But your grammar was good, I have to say.
4/2/2016 c1 Frisk dreemurr
Welp. One thing to say. SEQUEL!
2/5/2016 c1 Guest
Umm no. A. Chara didn't spare even their own mom and didn't care for monsters at all; papyrus,Undyne and literally no other character was spared. They wanted to destroy everything. Plus Chara is a psychopath,they wouldn't feel upset over their actions at all. Good fic though.
2/5/2016 c1 StickofTruth
Gotta agree with ngrey on this one. No way Asriel would put up with that shit. And HE SHRUGS IT OFF NONCHALANTLY. "Hi Mom and Dad! Chara just wiped out 7 billion creatures, but at least we're safe now!" Any sensible portrayal of Asriel would be traumatized horribly.

Honestly, wtf. I just wrote a 23,000-word story that is extra specially guaranteed to make the reader have a bad time (it's in the title!), and even I'M disgusted by this.

However, I can think of one comparable character to your version of Asriel:

web DOT archive DOT org SLASH web SLASH 20010423131650 SLASH h;t;t;p COLON SLASH SLASH www DOT greyarchive DOT com SLASH Celebrian DOT htm

Specifically, "As for Ithalond, she never saw him again. He was not in the chamber when she had returned. No doubt he suffered before his death but the memory of his scorn kept her from mourning."

Did I mention that story is a Legendary Badfic? Sweet dreams :)

STORY GRADING [for more details on this system, see my profile]
English Usage: 8/10
Formatting: 9/10
Summary: 9/10
Plot Idea: 6/10
Logistics: 3/10
Suspense: 4/10
Romance: N/A
Enjoyability: 2/10

OVERALL GRADE: D- (Painful)

Special Rating: 25-BOL-P
2/4/2016 c1 121SaintHeartwing
This was disgusting. Misanthropic. Cruel. Hateful. Everything wrong with Undertale stories. EVERYTHING WRONG.
2/4/2016 c1 Guest
Holy fuck?! So... uh... game over, right?