FanFiction.Net
for The Space Between

2/18/2019 c5 72oceanole
oooh, this is adorable, and so likely to happen had the canon game permitted it. although a bit fast, i enjoyed it very much. thank you!
11/11/2018 c5 5Revamped Persona
Ya know... after reading this again after a few years, this kinda shares a lot of similarities with Aftertale backstory wise. Then again I think that this was made BEFORE Aftertale...
10/1/2018 c5 3KimranReech
I'm sorry that I can't and won't offer an indept review on this short story but let me just say that it was AWESOME!

Some of the best one liners I ever read and one of the best (if short) epilogues to a story I ever encountered.

Just loved it all around.
10/1/2018 c4 KimranReech
Ahhhhh...this was so freaking good. Holy hell.
12/20/2016 c5 7348joey
"less-polite methods of non-violence" and "I am Determination" were my favorite lines this chapter, though "Only you could weaponize laziness, Sans" is still my favorite line from the whole story.

Frisk acting like a bad-ass with only minor annoyance from an armed man was great.

'Yeah, Dad, today was exciting. Though the attempt on my life was a bit annoying…'

"No one will believe him." Second-favorite this chapter.

It's a shame it took me this long to play Undertale and start reading the fanfics from the fandom. I would've loved to encourage you from the beginning if THIS was the sort of work you were putting out! On to the summary:

There were very few typos. Of course I still noticed some, but I'm an autistic perfectionist; I ALWAYS find typos. Everyone involved was in-character. The plot was interesting. The motive for Frisk in particular was brilliant. I enjoyed every chapter. Nothing was too rushed or too slow. The only thing I can think of to nitpick is the "I–he–we" thing from last chapter, and that's just a speck on an otherwise wonderful tapestry.
Overall, I give this story 8 divisions out of 11 hills. *fanfare and confetti*
12/20/2016 c4 348joey
That bit in the middle gave an even better explanation for why she started her first genocide. While still not completely innocent, it was born out of good intentions. She could tell the other monsters, like Asgore, were saddened by how she feared them. She wanted to stop being afraid of them not just for her sake (though still probably at least in part for her own sake), but for the sake of the other monsters that had managed to kill her in past SAVEs. Still not a good thing, but at least with some good intentions.

"Only you could weaponize laziness, Sans" is my favorite line so far.

I'm somewhat at a loss for what I can criticize in this story. I suppose the closest thing I can come up with is that you used "I–he–we" a few too many times after they merged bodies. The first or second time you used it after merging was fine, but it got a bit repetitive after that. She–he–they should have gotten used to using the right word by that point. ****it, now I'm doing it too! Other than that, I can't find any nits to pick.
12/19/2016 c2 348joey
A "pain" room, you say? Sounds like a torture chamber.

"Seeing the uptick in my Determination levels at the end of the graph filled me with Determination." Hah. I liked that one.
12/19/2016 c1 348joey
That was the best explanation I've ever heard for how Frisk could go from pacifrisk to genocidal. It made sense and didn't make her seem like a bad person. She was caught up in emotions and believed there wouldn't be consequences. She didn't start killing because she was just bored or curios; she did it so she could understand what it was like to be in Undyne's position, powerful and resentful of the ones who caused her so much anguish. This was most likely a desire born of her dark side, but not something she'd immediately recognize as such. She still tried to spare Sans and felt angry when he killed her anyway. It was misguided anger but still anger. Above all, she felt immediate and mass regret for what she did after killing Sans. She doesn't blame Chara or some entity in control of her (the player) for her actions, and she is willing to accept judgement for her sins. Not pure but also not evil, just human. Very well done!
4/12/2016 c4 Guest
never again just PL-EAS-E s) (ell me t) (is won't ) (appen again
if you do ill sea quite a ) (appy gill 38
just never again okay?
4/12/2016 c3 Guest
haha, i agree. chara is going to have a very bad time
4/12/2016 c1 Guest
alright, it literally said that papyrus never killed frisk. why. just why.
only a monster would kill papy. he reminds me kind of of my own bro.
3/4/2016 c5 1Ender the multiverse Detective
Very good
2/20/2016 c5 13Mada-Scarpath
Aww, that POOR human... Idiot.
Does this really have to be over DX
2/20/2016 c5 1The girl who envies books
Is is bad that I want a sequel showcasing the monsters lives in the city and how They deal with politics and threats and humans and stuff? Because I really want to see that happening.
2/20/2016 c5 5TimeturnerJay