for Unspoken

2/14/2016 c1 Usheriia
Thats so nice :-). Hope to read the next chapter soon. Good luck
2/13/2016 c1 Guest
Your writing is so welcome to the Fandom. Write more!
2/13/2016 c1 fringelawyer
Welcome to the party! Your version of what went through Olivia's and Peter's minds during their first encounter was very entertaining and believable. If you haven't already read it, make sure you check out Blueverse by Cotillion66 for his embellishments on what we saw on the screen during the first episodes.
2/13/2016 c1 173callmesandy
I really enjoyed this!
2/13/2016 c1 Guest
No one is ever late to Fringe, so, welcome to the fandom!

I still haven't finished reading your story, but I just had to start writing the review :)
I've read a lot of Fringe fanfics and I can't quite recall reading one that described and analysed so well that first scene between Olivia and Peter.
Both POVs are excellent, to say the least. You got inside both of their heads perfectly.

"Inside, she cringed at that last word. For whatever reason, some men seemed to believe that just because she was a woman, they could get away with calling her, a complete stranger and a federal agent, by some sort of pet name that should have been reserved for someone who they knew far better"
I loved this part and your interpretation of it. This is so our Olivia, being used to be under appreciated and condescended by her male pears, just because she was a woman. Her talk with Broyles in season 1 about 'being too emotional' comes to my mind. It would be expected that she would react to Peter's use of such nickname, they way you describe so well.
On the other hand, in my opinion, Olivia's interpretation of Peter's use of the nickname as arrogance, couldn't be further from the truth. Peter called her 'honey' and later on 'sweetheart' because he wanted to get on her nerves. The use of such nicknames by men towards women they aren't familiar with, almost always mean that they feel threaten by them and use it as a cooping mechanism to try and make them feel themselves superior to such women and sometimes even humiliate them. One thing that Peter never was, was that kind of man. He never felt threaten by women in power. Elialys explains this very well in her story 'Shivered Bones' and I completely agree with her.

I've just finished reading the story :)
I'm really really glad you decided to give it a go.
You are a very talented writer and you also have an amazing gift when it comes to analyse and describe the characters personalities and how they react to each other.
If you feel the urge to write more about these two, then you got yourself at least one reader.
I hope that you do write more.
2/13/2016 c1 6Almariado
This is my second attempt at reviewing your story, because ff net decided to eat up my first one.
I hope this one gets through.

First of all no one is ever late for Fringe.
It's an amazing sci-fi show with amazing characters and a wonderful story.
I'm glad you took the decision to start watching it, almost everyone ends up falling in love with the show.
So, welcome to the fandom. There are a few of us still here and we aren't going anywhere.

Now on with the review.
Let me start by saying that I've read a lot of Fringe fanfics.
I don't remember ever reading one that analysed and described so well the first scene between
Olivia and Peter like yours do.
You have a gift when it comes to get inside the characters head space.
Both POVs are tremendously well done.
What they are thinking, their reactions to one another and why they react the way they did.
You've got a talent my friend, I really hope you choose to write more for this fandom,
either continuing this story or starting new ones.

There several things that I loved about your story, but there's one I'd like to point out
"Inside, she cringed at that last word. For whatever reason, some men seemed to believe that just because she was a woman, they could get away with calling her, a complete stranger and a federal agent, by some sort of pet name that should have been reserved for someone who they knew far better."
This is so who Olivia was. Being patronized by not only her fellow male agents, but sometimes even male suspects, just because she was a woman, was something she was used to dealt with. It was also one the things she most hated. Her talk with Broyles in Season 1 about her 'being too emotional' comes to my mind.
So you are absolutely right when you say that Olivia would interpret Peter's use of such moniker towards her as arrogance from his part. I can absolutely see Olivia thinking like this only moments after meeting Peter.
But, she couldn't be further from the truth.
Men that use such 'endearments' towards women they hardly know, are usually men that are uncomfortable around women that show strength or/and have power. The use of the pet names are an attempt by them to feel superior to such women or even humiliate them.
Peter Bishop was never one of those men. Elialys wrote about this in her story 'Shivered Bones' and I completely agree with her.
Peter's use of the 'pet' name and later on, the use of the famous 'sweetheart', was nothing more then him trying to get on Olivia's nerves. And he succeeded. Peter was many things to Olivia throughout the show. Condescending and/or patronizing were never one of those things.

I'm really glad you decided to write this story and I really do hope you continue.
Be sure that you will have at least one reader.
Thanks for sharing it with us.
2/13/2016 c1 5angelamorales514
Welcome to the Fringe fandom, we love new stories!
37 « Prev Page 1 .. 3