FanFiction.Net
for The Enamel Heart

5/7 c1 Windyandstormy
Thank you for this story. Wonderfully written. Would you please come back and finish it one day
7/15/2022 c6 Anne Shirley Blythe
Dear Author, I hope that this finds you well. I am intrigued with this story line and hope that you will update it someday. Thank you and take care.
7/4/2022 c5 geeklovelrz
Was listening to Crowded House's Into Temptation today and it reminded me of this chapter so much I just had to re-read it. My own heart is beating fast now! P.S. I'd already reviewed this chapter, so I had to log out to post this review.
11/6/2021 c4 3Lavinia Maxwell
Please continue your story!
9/25/2021 c6 Guest
I’ve just discovered this story and I am loving it. Will you continue part 2?
3/12/2021 c6 ovendrinks
Is the father of Anne's baby who I hope it is?
2/6/2021 c6 2Kim Blythe
Oh, a three years gasp...

I wasn't prepared for that, cause, I don't know what happened with Anne and Gilbert, that night, in the previous chapter, at Green Gables...

I can only guess !

Can it be that the little child the nanny checks on, is the child of Anne and Gilbert ?

Meaning that they did more then talk that night at green gables...

But, it seems that Anne is still married to Roy.

We don't know if Gilbert is still married to Christine, and, not knowing that is just terrible...
2/6/2021 c6 AnneNGil
Oh! Interesting... I'm still trying to figure out how this story is going to go.
2/6/2021 c6 6DrinkThemIn
What the what? I didn’t get notifications! Ah!

Oh my! I was on the edge of my seat! Christine knows! Well now, I can’t wait to see what’s up with Gilbert and for him to meet his child! ;)
2/6/2021 c6 3Lavinia Maxwell
I wonder what happened to Gil?
2/6/2021 c6 Regina56
I should be disappointed I didn’t learn what happened immediately after Gilbert’s arrival at Green Gables in this chapter. However, this was brilliantly written and I loved how you’ve fast forwarded to Anne now the mother of a young baby.
I also loved how you’ve written Roy’s family here. You’ve made them realistic characters and not caricatures.
Roy is actually likeable which makes the plot even more intriguing now. Too often he comes off badly in fanfics but really, if he was so terrible Anne wouldn’t have married him in the first place.
Has Roy been cuckolded is the burning question now and I can’t wait to find out.

Thank you!
2/6/2021 c6 BHB168
3 yrs later & she is still with Roy - ugh. At least she has Gilbert's child (my assumption) but wouldn't Roy have figured out it wasn't his after being away all summer? Love Anne's reaction to her MIL - she must have mastered hiding her thoughts & facial expressions early on in the marriage. Does Anne still own Green Gables, where is Gilbert,...On the edge of my seat with this story!
2/6/2021 c6 geekloverlz
Oh wow. Iove being surprised! I can't wait to find out what happened between Anne and Gilbert at their reunion. Did one of them want to ditch everything and the other wouldn't? And I suppose Anne's child is also Gilbert's. I like that things are complicated and look forward (as always) to read it unfold.
1/31/2021 c5 2Kim Blythe
Hi, I thought that I had read this new chapter shortly after you had posted it, but, I realised just now that I never did read it...

Even though Anne and Gil meet again under a painful and sad circumstance, right after Marilla's funeral, I can help but thing that that kiss they almost shared while inside the old school house, was a moment destined to happen between them, because of how they are both miserable in their respective marriages. But, it just simply couldn't happen now, because it wasn't the right and perfect moment...

I also think that Anne feels to lonely to be staying alone during the night at Green Gables, this is the reason why she called Gilbert back, went to take his suitcase and just went back straight into the house, for him to have no choice but to follow her back inside...

And, what will happen between them during this night, only you, the writer, knows it !
1/17/2021 c5 Regina
I needed to read the preceding chapters again as it’d been awhile and I have to say I am quite taken with this story. It’s such a different Anne but I find your portrayal very refreshing. She was so mean to the young waiter and I could see why Gilbert was startled by this change in her personality. The bit about Matthew got to me because it struck somewhat close to home. Poor Matthew, not having anyone to stand up for him and being beaten down by his father’s criticism. I loved how Gilbert knew his mother would’ve defended Matthew if she had the chance and his father agreeing with that assessment.
Your Gilbert makes my heart turn the way he has managed to move on and convince himself he wasn’t meant to be with Anne.

The last part was quite unexpected but I loved it. I’m eager to see what they do, considering they are both married and it would be a scandal of epic proportions if they have an affair.

Thank you for revisiting this story; it is so nice to have a diversion. You just have no idea. Everything just keeps piling on and now our new president will be sworn in this week under the threat of unrest. One relative is in the National Guard and another an FBI agent; both are stationed in Washington and I’m very nervous. There is way too much drama in real life and I’ve had enough.

However, I hope you will continue on with this story because I’m dying to know what happens next. This drama I can certainly handle.
(Finding Equal was a masterpiece; very few authors could do what you did with it; I just have to say it again because it is exquisite writing.)
65 Page 1 2 3 4 .. Last Next »