FanFiction.Net
for The Enamel Heart

1/3/2021 c5 Guest
Oh wow! What is going to happen here?! Already eager for another update. :-)
1/3/2021 c2 Guest
Oh... Interesting.
12/31/2020 c5 BHB168
I just reread all the chapters with this new installment. They seem so unlime themselves and my 1st time through i was frustrated that they so easily gave up their standards, especially Gilbert. How could he have married Christine when he could never have lived her like he loved Anne. Even Anne, how she let marriage change her. Upon this 2nd reading, I saw it from a different perspective. They were lost without each other after the Patty's Place incident. Anne's stubbornness getting the best of her as well. They are now just going through the motions of life. Neither really caring. I would love to get a peek into each of their marriages a bit more eventually - get a peek into how they endure what seem to be empty situations. No wonder neither has children. Thank you for continuing this story!
12/29/2020 c5 3Lavinia Maxwell
I'm so excited that you are going to finish your story! I can't wait for the next chapter!
12/29/2020 c1 geekloverlz
Forgot to mention - the bee analogy: genius. Seemingly innocent, but very erotic, too.
12/29/2020 c5 geekloverlz
Ok, I see that you updated it here, too! I've just read it. My heart, my heart! This is just fabulous. I like to think they're more daring precisely because they're married - I guess they're less naive; perhaps they don't idealize marriage as much anymore (even though Gilbert is usually portrayed as the paragon of honor). Reminds me of when Mrs Lynde said marriage would 'cure' Anne of romance AND of when Anne said that she'd feel just as married to Gilbert if they stood in the middle of the woods (something like this). I just love this so much! You're one of my favorites because I feel your writing is full of realistic details and so compelling. Hope to read more soon!
12/29/2020 c5 Marlignita
Disculpe que no haga mi comentario en inglés, prometo enviarle la reseña más tarde. He leído la actualización. ¿Qué puedo decir?: ¡gracias, gracias, gracias!. Ha sido como encontrar un regalo de navidad al despertar ... imposible resistir la tentación de no expresar lo maravilloso que es este capítulo, a la par que intrigante. Me gusta cómo escribe. Las historias que siguen el canon son estupendas, completan y rellenan tantos huecos y omisiones que tienen los libros de LMM.
Pero los AU que crean una línea distinta me cautivan. Como esta lo ha hecho, desde luego que sí.
Adoro la imagen de Anne, tomando la maleta de Gilbert, hablando sin palabras, transmitiendo con gestos sus más fervientes deseos. Dejando esa puerta abierta, invitándole a entrar.
Presiento que este es el inicio de grandes emociones para ellos, van a venir muchas aventuras.
La abeja que consigue polinizar la flor. Que cuida de su reina, que protege la colmena.
Habrá adversidades que superar, pero juntos crearán ese camino de reencuentro.
Por favor, siga escribiendo. Lo necesitamos, donde quiera que nos encontremos en este planeta, quiero dar mil gracias a este espacio fanfiction. Desde la ciudad de Valencia, mirando al Mediterráneo, le mando mi más sincera felicitación.
12/29/2020 c5 Regina56
Wow! I’d just gotten up to do a 12 hour hospital shift and went on my phone to do the COVID tracker and saw this! I will surely read this on my break but you’ve really made my day brighter, (and I’ve had a crappy week) Bright River. I still think about your story Finding Equal on occasion. Thank you and I’ll be sure to happily review this chapter when I have a moment.
12/28/2020 c5 23katherine-with-a-k
The return of this story feels like a Christmas present. I was almost too excited to unwrap it, I have wanted for it for so long. Oh, and it did not disappoint. Everything is balanced and thought out and beautiful, just as it always was.
How lovely to meet up with Rachel again, even though she was so diminished, and how the rest of Avonlea are circling around the Green Gables parcel of land. I'm so glad you're the sort of writer who doesn't let misunderstandings linger, glad that they went to the apple tree (love the line: Doctors rely on their hands) and talked over why their reunion had gone so wrong.
I think my favourite bit was when Anne (ever the writer) wanted to work out what part Gilbert played on her life. Diana as the sheltering pine, her chums as the grass that kept the earth beneath her solid, and then Gilbert as the bee! I never would have though of that and I loved it so much. Just as I loved the way his Anne of old was showing through again.
The visit to the school house was lovely, though I was surprised the chemistry between them became obvious so soon. Yes you could easily say the gesture was innocent, but I think they both know it went far more than that.
How Anne of her to go looking for his scars, how unexpected for Gilbert to let her. I cannot wait to find out what happens next.
You are such a wonderful writer, and such a joy to read, I hope I don't have to wait too long for the next instalment, but if I do, then I also know the wait will be worthwhile :o)
12/28/2020 c5 IrishPrincess
I'm so glad you've updated this delightful story! I especially like the scene at the schoolhouse-so sweet.
6/18/2020 c4 BHB168
Oh, I wish you had continued! This is well written and an interesting take. Maybe someday...
6/16/2019 c4 geekloverlz
Wonderful story. Have I left a review before? It's my second time reading. I really like the fact that you chose to tell it from Gilbert's perspective. I love his bitterness... And although he keeps telling himself he is over her, he can't help but feel how her presence affects him. I'd love to see what you planned for them; if you ever intended for them to reach an understanding, knowing they're both married. Good job!
8/27/2018 c1 eluschka
Ow, please, go on with this story!
8/24/2018 c4 6DrinkThemIn
Please continue?
1/12/2018 c4 Meadowlarkflyaway
I know it's been over a year since you updated this, but what you've written is brilliant... There really aren't many AU's on this site, and this idea is so satisfyingly crafted. I love the risk you've taken in changing Anne and making her almost unlikeable. I can't help but think of what she's endured being married to Roy, especially after her comment about her ideal. I hope you return to this one day—you're a terrific writer.
65 « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 .. Last Next »