for In the Watches of the Night - A Good Dream

5/20/2019 c1 Guest
Kudos
3/2/2016 c1 46WingedWolf121
Yessssss, you posted!

This is just as good on the millionth read. I forgot how GREAT it is when Hochstetter decides he's going to live to spite everybody! And how good the "it was Hogan's fault he was crying" the line is...aah, I'm so glad you posted!

And don't forget, now that you've posted you have to finish the sequel...
3/2/2016 c1 10ProbableImpossibilities
Ah, Hochsty... I'm liking your version of him a lot. Still very evil, of course, but maybe not too evil..? I love the parts where he has to wrestle with the reality of what he's done and been a part of, as well as the reality of what Hogan's done for him, both of which combine to break him by the end. I also love how he thinks that the expressions of genuine emotion in Klink's journal are codes that need to be deciphered - this works not only to show us how desperate he is, but also how desensitized his Gestapo experience has made him. (And also how Klink can be delightfully poetic when he wants to. Your prose in that section is wonderful.)

Klink in this chapter is great, too, of course, but after having read all of your other fantastic fics that feature him, that's to be expected. I giggled my head off when he pulled that little prank on Hochsty - it's made all the more surprising because Hochsty would never have expected it of Klink. Great first chapter, and I'm really looking forward to how the rest of this plays out!
3/2/2016 c1 76snooky-9093
So happy to finally see this posted! Looking forward to the rest of the story.
3/2/2016 c1 1janna12
You have an unusual style but it is very enjoyable to read.

Will be following with interest:)
3/2/2016 c1 Winterfrost15
So glad to see a new story from you! I have read all of your HH stories so far and this new one lives up to the greatness of the others wonderfully. I, too, am wondering what is in Klink's briefcase. Looking forward to the next chap! :-)