FanFiction.Net
for Outside

4/11/2016 c6 Guest
You did an amazing job on this story:) I love it, it gave me so many emotions.
3/29/2016 c6 James Birdsong
Good drabbles.
3/21/2016 c6 20Tiny Teddy Bear
Aw, my pleasure! I'm glad they made you happy. :)

So many nice little surprise tidbits in this chapter! I liked the old guitar, that always needed tuning, and the picking out rows of knitting (oh... yes! My knitting never got beyond about twenty centimetres!) And Pascal the chess expert. *grins* Yes, because he's definitely not very good at hide'n'seek!

And her hair getting in the way of the dancing - wow, I can imagine! - and how she hates brushing it. It always fascinates me how the hair is sort of the centre of the story of Tangled, and yet it's really a burden on Rapunzel, something that prevents her from having a normal life in more ways than one. I really like how you've caught the sense of that here - the hair is beautiful, and special, but it doesn't make Rapunzel happy.

'...and watched the Floating Lights lift lazily up, up into the sky.' I love that line. :) It just paints such a picture. And Pascal snuggling up to her at the end. Aw!
3/18/2016 c5 Tiny Teddy Bear
This chapter wrung my heart. :( Poor little Rapunzel - so desperately wanting to do something special for her mother, and then... :'(

It makes me think of something I heard once - that the worst punishment that can be given to a child is for their parent to say 'I'm so disappointed in you'. It always stayed with me, and I believe it's true. I think something like that could affect you for the rest of your life. *Mental note: NEVER do this if I ever have a child*

I look forward to the next chapter! :)
3/18/2016 c4 Tiny Teddy Bear
Hooray! Pascal! And aww, he was so cute! I loved how he told her his name. :)

Clever, how you made that point about Rapunzel not knowing any male names except for the authors of her books. :) She's so sweet and bubbly and creative that one forgets what a narrow life she has had. (Another one of those interesting psychological coping mechanisms, I think.)
3/18/2016 c3 Tiny Teddy Bear
:'( Oh, how could you! The Little Doll! I was just thinking how sweet it was, and then...

Mother Gothel's false love is quite creepy, isn't it? Sugar-coated venom. The way you can just see Rapunzel wilt under it!

I wonder, will Little Doll pop up again later? Maybe even after the events of the movie?

And - hey! I see what you've done! This is why Pascal has to hide before Gothel sees him - because Rapunzel has worked out that her mother doesn't want her giving any love to anyone but herself. The doll being a case in point.

And soo... /did/ Mother Gothel see Little Doll in the mud, after all, and decide to leave her there?
3/18/2016 c2 Tiny Teddy Bear
Mother Gothel teaching Rapunzel to read! I like the way you show her subtle - and not-so-subtle abuse; the way she's constantly undermining Rapunzel's confidence in her own abilities, so that she will continue to rely on her 'mother' for guidance even in small things.

Honestly, this is just right - you've put your finger on the reason I love this movie so much. It's fun, and lovely to look at, but there's also such complex psychology behind it: the way it explores how people cope differently with trauma/hard times in their past, for example.

And 'It was as if she had expected a Star, and been handed the Moon.' Beautiful line; it just sums up what disappointment feels like. So sad, though. :(
3/18/2016 c1 Tiny Teddy Bear
Lovely. You really captured the wide-eyed innocence of little Rapunzel, and the trust she has in Mother Gothel.

And it was sweet how you used the capitalisation of certain words to show which things loom largest in her mind. So cute! :)
3/14/2016 c4 Martyn
I'm glad you like my idea. Does that mean you'll do it?
3/14/2016 c4 27disneylover115
Awww, this was a really cute chapter!

Can't wait for the next one, and God bless you.

I loved the interaction between Rapunzel and pascal because it really shows how they became friends, and it also shows the start of their friendship.

Please update soon.
3/11/2016 c3 Martyn
How about Rapunzel getting chubby?
3/8/2016 c2 3thewanderlustmarauder
Great update! I really like your interpretation of Rapunzel and Gothel.
3/7/2016 c2 27disneylover115
This a great story
You are a great writer and God bless you
3/5/2016 c1 3thewanderlustmarauder
This is really good so far!