for A viper-lizard's tales

1/6/2017 c54 4blobfishmiffy
Damn, I love this. Just the Ty-Lee way of thinking. Reassuring, innocent, slightly naive, and still so knowing. You can almost feel the friendship between Mai and Ty-Lee, and you really see that she cares about Azulaand the fact that Ty-Lee knows that Azula is losing grip on her sanity. Damn
1/6/2017 c54 13Elf Kid2.0
This is excellent!

I love seeing Ty Lee's perspective on things. Her perception of auras is very interesting, and I like how you portray her feelings and personality. Also, it sounds like that Dai Lee agent might be good for her! ;) He seems nice, and they have at least a few things in common. I like seeing her trying to help Mai feel better, and the fact that she's not too overbearing about it. She knows Mai, and she's very good at figuring out how people work.

I really like seeing how Zuko's supposed betrayal is effecting Mai. I sincerely hope that they are able to get together in the end, but I understand if it just wont work out with the way things are. (I ship it.) There's a lot of things going on in the world; it seems like a possible relationship/romance shouldn't matter. But it does. And I think I remember him saying at some point that he misses her too. This is sad, and the war is taking so much from everyone. And it all matters.

This is excellent. This is an excellent, excellent story and I am greatly enjoying it. Kudos! :)
12/30/2016 c1 GracelessBallerina
I love this fic! This is one of the first ATLA fics I've dipped my toe into and the first I've really gotten sucked in by. I'm not into romance-focused ATLA stories and so many ATLA fics here seem to be Zuko/Katara focused. I love this focus on Zuko, my favorite character, and how the change of him finding an orphan baby changes his arc so much from canon. Nice to see Jet still around too, though he's causing trouble for the gang at the moment. Also Zuko and Toph friendship is adorable! I'm looking forward to chapter updates on this story- seeing how they fare in Fire Nation territory, and Zuko (maybe?) further developing into his redeemed fully self-aware firebending teacher self from Book Three.
12/26/2016 c53 11glistening moon
I started reading this and then suddenly I ran out of chapters and it was 1:00am? This is so engrossing and I love it! Accidental baby acquisition is my favourite trope! You write the characters so realistically and show their development in a very natural way. I love it!
11/28/2016 c53 BBLimits
Wow, that... isn't good.
As always, having Zuko as a narrator is both sad (his life is, frankly, horrible) and hilarious (like the bit about giving Lin to Azula, or the one with Roku).
I have no idea what Jet is going to do but I'm very worried nonetheless.
11/27/2016 c53 4blobfishmiffy
I love this story so much, it's indescribable. Seriously
11/27/2016 c53 13Elf Kid2.0
This is excellent. Of course Jets would agree with Sokka about "Enemy Birds". Of course!

I love seeing Zuko in his homeland again. Zuko thinking about the logistics of training Aang, and about it being good practice for training Lin... I am in love with this story.

I am sorry you have to steal the things, and I'm glad you at least feel bad about it. I suspect that Zuko will not be allowing Toph to become a professional scam-artist gambler. Just a hunch.

Also, JET'S GONE! TROUBLE! That right there is pretty darn worrying. I hope that it's resolved with minimum bloodshed. Perhaps if Jet goes crazy in front of other people Zuko can claim that he's an ex-soldier who got his brains scrambled by falling rocks and now can't always tell that he's not still on the battlefield...? Just a thought. Don't know if it would work.

This is an excellent story and I am greatly enjoying it.
11/27/2016 c53 121Kimberly T
Definitely not the homecoming Zuko had dreamed about, but then homecomings rarely go completely the way one expects them to. Thanks for including the idea of Sokka and Jet's paranoia feeding off each other at the start, until the others laugh at them (unlike Sokka, Jet's not used to being mocked, is he? Bet that was a shock.)
Jet's snuck off on his own already? Good grief, what now?
11/17/2016 c52 Guest
Amazing update, as usual!
I'm still crossing my fingers hoping for Toko moments!
11/15/2016 c52 10Spherebleue
Ahahaha, maman Zuko x)... Et maintenant que j'y pense, c'est vrai qu'ils ne le voient pas trop cracher de feu dans l'anime. Pourtant Iroh, lui, ne s'en prive pas XD...
Katara ne peut pas s'empêcher d'être une figure maternelle hein ? Même quand il s'agit d'ennemi. Et Jet est tellement parti pour brûler la nation du Feu.
11/15/2016 c52 5Therna Blakeheart
This one is so great tooo! I just love how you simply capture these o, well not quite, ordinary moments to craft these beautiful and realistic depictions of the characters.
11/15/2016 c52 4blobfishmiffy
this is actually adorable
11/15/2016 c52 Guest
Mother turtle Zuko :((( And I am sad Aang ran away :/ Hope they will find him soon.
11/14/2016 c52 121Kimberly T
The better FFNet readers understand that sometimes RL gets in the way of writing, and we simply must be patient for updates. Really, a one-month delay between chapters is far better than the average for some fics!
Geez, from the way Katara's thoughts jump all over the place, she must be almost as unsettled as the storm-driven seas they're crossing. (Oooh, that's a thought; can the state of the water nearby influence a waterbender's mood, instead of always the other way around?)

So Jet's going to the Fire Nation with the Gaang, eh? Feel free to give him Sokka's paranoiac lines from the start of "The Headband".
11/14/2016 c52 13Elf Kid2.0
This is excellent. I love Katara's emotions here. I like the fact that she Wants to trust Zuko, but finds it difficult because he is Fire Nation and because he is distant. I like the image of him as a mother turtle-seal. (Him with a turtle shell is shockingly perfect. And also hilarious.) I like the fact that this points out that Zuko can breathe fire, and that this is a rare and impressive move.

Her worry about Aang is tangible, and very good to read.

I am amazed that anyone thinks letting Jet in on the mission to the Fire Nation is a good idea. I agree that Katara should watch him very closely, as should everyone else. Zuko in the Fire Nation will be... interesting. He has a very recognizable face, and it would be... odd for a person of high-ranking mannerisms to be traveling with a bunch of Colony bumpkins. This will be very interesting.

This is a good story and I am greatly enjoying it. Thanks for writing this. :)
878 « Prev Page 1 .. 39 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 .. Last Next »