for A viper-lizard's tales

7/21/2016 c41 34yourfriendlyneighborhoodturtle
As usual, amazing writing. And since you mentioned it, I am curious about your head-canons about standards of beauty from each nation - like their opinions on makeup, ideal body types, fashion and such.
7/21/2016 c41 13Elf Kid2.0
This is good. This is an unflinching acknowledgement of the reality of war. I like this story, but I sudder to think what is going to happen next. One way or another, I hope that everything will be okay. I don't know if that is possible.

This is good.
7/20/2016 c40 45letmefallasleep
Just found this story this afternoon... And proceeded to sit and read the entire thing! Absolutely amazing story, from how your write the characters, to your writing style, it all just seems to fit really well together.

Extra kudos for how you've portrayed Zuko; many people either present him as a sniveling coward, who's afraid to breath without his father's permission, or as stupidly oblivious to his father's cruelty. But you avoided both of those cliches, and presented him in a realistic, thoughtful way. Again, just an amazingly beautiful story, and I can't wait for the next chapter!
7/18/2016 c40 4blobfishmiffy
This is weirdly captivating and I love it. Just, how it could've gonewithout Jet probably dying and Zuko betraying Iroh. I truly like this one, and the way you write the chapters really captures the confusion all of them must feel.
7/17/2016 c40 18SpencerBrown
This story is amazing.
It's honestly the first time I have EVER actually enjoyed reading about Jet. Ever.
The characterizations are deep and twisty and wonderful.
Thanks so much for sharing this!
7/13/2016 c40 121Kimberly T
Very nice! Let's hear it for that bookworm of a king, stepping to resolve misunderstandings in his own naive fashion!
7/13/2016 c40 13Elf Kid2.0
This is excellent. This is excellent, and I am greatly enjoying it.

"No way warmth is gonna disturb the fire-turtle", and Zuko being all protective. Sokka thinking that it wasn't as if they were going to attack him, and then thinking of Jet and agreeing that caution was wise.

"Which meant that when Sokka said jerkprince shared a Tribe with the baby, the guy thought Sokka meant he was the actual father."

All of this is excellent. All of this. This is good.
7/11/2016 c39 34yourfriendlyneighborhoodturtle
This story is MAGNIFICENT and you are amazing for writing it. I like the style you're writing it in, which is a surprise for me because I usually don't like this style in novels. Maybe because this is so much more compelling. Can't wait to see what is in store for the future.
7/2/2016 c39 34ManofManyHats
Great chapter, but then again. aren't they all? The thing I love about this story is that it never gets tiring, you never really know what's going to happen next. There are some stories I like where I see a new update and I just say 'I'll read it later' because the plots fallen flat, or it moves too slowly or its not strung together well, but this story always gets me hyped. I always *know* it's going to be good
6/24/2016 c39 1C-Lif3
This is the second most bittersweet story I've ever read, which is saying something because I've read a f***ton of them, but only three have ever made me cry.
(ノಥ,_」ಥ)ノ彡
6/23/2016 c17 19Led Feynman M.D. D.D.S. Ph.D
I like this.
6/22/2016 c39 121Kimberly T
Yeah, it really would be Just Like Katara to tell Zuko, "you aren't as terrible as I thought you were", right to his face. She's capable of tact, we saw that sometimes in the series, but oh boy is she capable of downright viciousness too. (Her no-longer-perfectly-calm remarks to Toph back in "The Chase" come to mind.)
6/22/2016 c39 Bluedancingkitty
Bluedancingkittykat here and Ready for the next chapter!
6/17/2016 c38 Guest
I'm a lurker. I always look forward to the next update. You are rad.
6/16/2016 c38 Kimberly T
I wasn't expecting you to use Bato's POV; that was a pleasant surprise! I'll admit I'm curious now as to whether you'll use The Duke's POV sometime in upcoming days/chapters. We know so very little about The Duke and Pipsqueak from canon, he's practically a blank slate for you to create a personality on.
881 « Prev Page 1 .. 44 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 .. Last Next »