for A viper-lizard's tales

4/27/2016 c30 121Kimberly T
Ahh, so Lin's presence in Zuko's life really DID make a crucial difference here. Wonder what Azula would say if she ever finds out why her 'dum-dum brother Zu-Zu' was able to resist falling for her smooth talking this time.

One tiny detail you might consider fixing? "It's like at the North Pole." That should be "like at the South Pole"; that's where Zuko saw the Avatar rising up out of the ocean, in much the same manner as he did in the cavern. At the North Pole, Aang merged with the Ocean Spirit to become 'Koizilla', but Zuko missed nearly all of that because he was preoccupied with fighting Zhao at the time.
4/27/2016 c30 2aquabless
I just gotta say.. I love this story! Looking forward to more! :D
4/27/2016 c29 8Patbrooke
Ahhhhh I absolutely love the lil bromance Zuko and Jet have going on.
4/26/2016 c29 13Elf Kid2.0
This continues to be excellent. I look forward to seeing what happens next. Perhaps the next portion will be from Jet's perspective? I am VERY curious about what's going on in his head right now, and about what made him stop and not kill Zuko after all.
4/25/2016 c28 121Kimberly T
Yup, this was pretty much what I expected after reading the line ending last chapter, about them being invited to serve the Earth King. Cue up the crystal cavern and a three-way screaming match... Will Lin's existence really change anything for Zuko at this juncture?
4/25/2016 c27 Kimberly T
Even with Jet hijacking the chapter with his POV, some things haven't changed, I see. Azula still found out about Zuko and her uncle being in the Jasmine Dragon from Katara when she captured her. If Iroh ever finds out just how their secret was blown, he won't know whether to silently curse the too-suspicious waterbender, or his own insistence on his nephew being present at the tea shop, and his silver tongue at persuading Longshot andSmellerbee to mind the baby anyway.
4/24/2016 c27 hippiesthop
This is so good. I was a little dubious at first with the lack of dialogue but you're pulling it off real well. I also love how you're characterizing Jet. And the rapid updates! Who could want more?
4/21/2016 c26 Kimberly T
Iroh, what exactly was going through your head, to ask those two if they'll babysit a Baby Firebender after you already saw Jet's reaction when he found out by surprise? *shakes head in disgust* Not one of your better moments, old man.
4/20/2016 c25 13Elf Kid2.0
This is excellent. I'm really enjoying the dynamics, because Yes, that Is how it would go in this scenario. You do a really good job with character portrayals.

I am very much looking forward to seeing how things develop. For example, in that scene where Katara visits the Jasmine Dragon and spots Zuko waiting tables- how would she react if he was carrying a baby at the same time? I don't know if that sort of scene is in your plan or not, but it might be interesting.

Again, I think this is an excellent story. Your writing here is very impressive.
4/20/2016 c25 121Kimberly T
Well, of COURSE Jet would think highly of the Blue Spirit; I'd almost forgotten that in this AU, Zuko brought the mask home with him and they saw it in his hands before he collapsed. I'm a little surprised that Iroh didn't bring the Blue Spirit up when negotiating with Jet two chapters back, but I guess the elder had no way of knowing then if Jet had seen the wanted posters, or could read them if he had.
4/20/2016 c25 19maripaz6
Great story! I really liked how accurately you potrayed the changes that adding a helpless Earth-Fire baby would have; one whom Zuko feels completely responsible for. The byplay between Zuko and Jet is fun also- I can completely sympathise with them, I suck at people too. The only small thing I'd like to bring up is that as the story goes on the narration seems to get more and more desperate. I feel like my favorite guy characters are going crazy on me...

Keep writing though. I look forward to more!
4/16/2016 c24 121Kimberly T
And by chapter's end, finally, everyone is okay again. ...Relatively okay, that is.

So what happens now? If Jet waits on tables at the "Mushi's" new tea shop while Zuko stays home to mind Lin, then Katara's reaction upon walking in there is going to be very different. And that could definitely affect whether she gets captured by Azula, which could affect all of Team Avatar's confrontation with Azula later, which would affect... Well, everything could change!
4/16/2016 c23 Kimberly T
Iroh really is both cunning and kind, and this chapter showcases both those character traits.
4/16/2016 c22 Kimberly T
I'm guessing the two words 'Li' said that Jet could hear clearly were "please, Father..."
4/16/2016 c21 Kimberly T
The last two lines of this chapter had me literally gasping in apprehension, and I am literally forcing myself to type this out before clicking on to the next chapter because you deserve to know that was an effective cliffhanger!
878 « Prev Page 1 .. 46 53 54 55 56 57 58 .. Last Next »