for A viper-lizard's tales

4/16/2016 c20 121Kimberly T
...And today I have learned a new word: trichotillomania. Which led me to learning another new word, because it there was a term for compulsively pulling out one's hair then there was probably a word for eating it too: trichophagia.

I'm actually a little disappointed that Zuko evidently left Lake Logai without being seen by Team Avatar; I was looking forward to them getting involved in this whole mess, and seeing what would happen when Katara sees Jet with a firebender baby in his arms. Guess that'll have to wait until much later in the story.
4/16/2016 c19 Kimberly T
...So at chapter's end, Zuko is out in plain daylight, with the Avatar and the Dai Li duking it out right in front of him...and he's right in front of them?! But which side will notice him first, and what will they do to him?
4/16/2016 c18 Kimberly T
My first thoughts on reading the end of this chapter: "Zuko, YOU F*ING IDIOT!"
If something bad happens to Lin because Jet gets another freakout frm her firebending, Zuko will hate him forever, but hate himself even more.
4/16/2016 c16 Kimberly T
...Ouch. Ohhh, Zuko...
And again, the image of Jet hurriedly picking up the bucket of water and taking it with him even when he moves to make sure the baby is safe while Li is freaking out... it makes a body want to both laugh and cry.
4/16/2016 c15 Kimberly T
This is the first time I can recall reading about a simple bucket of water being someone's talisman. Considering the fear Jet is battling against is a fear of firebenders, the water is appropriate, but still at first glance the bucket is rather pathetic and a little ludicrous. Then the heartstrings are twanged once more when the reader remembers that these people are currently dirt-poor refugees, and that bucket is basically All They've Got...

"[Jet] smiles sadly, and nods.
And maybe Zuko can help fix something, for once."
The dawning HOPE in that line makes me want to hold Zuko and squeeze him tight in affection and reassurance... (Okay, I usually want to do that anyway, but this bit was really effective.)
4/15/2016 c23 13Elf Kid2.0
This is an excellent story. Very well written. I am greatly enjoying it.

Everyone is in-character. The introduction of the child is handled well, as is Jet's psych. The ties with Canon are well-done, though I am curious about what Jet thinks their story is, based on what was and was not said.

I hope there is more.
4/13/2016 c23 8Patbrooke
Ahhhhhh I'm absolutely loving this fic. The chapters are just getting better and better as you write. They're getting longer too!

You might feel a bit awful today but at least you know that you've gotten one good thing going for you and that is your brilliant ability to write. As we have seen in the past 23 chapters ;)
4/10/2016 c21 2Totally Spazz-tastic
oh boy. things are getting bad.
4/9/2016 c21 Annona Miss
This is perfect. This is so perfect.

I don't usually comment but i just had to. The emotion in this chapter is really overwhelming. Jets fear and denial is really well written. I can just feel him trying to stay calm even when he wants to panic. And then that heartbreaking sob is beautiful.
He's gonna have a hard time dealing with this one.
4/8/2016 c2 Meggan B
What was Iroh doing last chapter, when Zuko found the baby?
4/8/2016 c1 Meggan B
Oooh, this looks interesting!
4/6/2016 c14 121Kimberly T
...Wow, this Jet really is trying to redeem himself! The last few lines of this chapter really yank on the heartstrings.
4/6/2016 c13 Kimberly T
"/Never forget who you are./
His mother and the fire boiling in his veins are screaming and Zuko /can't/ forget, but for a second he wishes he /could/.
He feels warm."

...Perfect.
4/6/2016 c12 Kimberly T
Really, it's About Time that Zuko realized just how messed up the royal family is!
4/6/2016 c10 Kimberly T
The last line here? Delightfully wry, and the perfect note to end the chapter on!
878 « Prev Page 1 .. 47 54 55 56 57 58 .. Last Next »