for A viper-lizard's tales

4/6/2016 c9 121Kimberly T
Yes, this Jet is -definitely- a better fellow than the one we met in canon.
4/6/2016 c8 Kimberly T
I kind-of adore the panicked sarcasm in Zuko's thoughts when he first sees Jet again!
4/6/2016 c7 Kimberly T
Zuko's one-sided conversation with little Lin at the end of the chapter was the most bittersweet moment in the story so far. So many new parents do that; I know I did...
4/6/2016 c4 Kimberly T
Waitaminnit, the baby's throwing sparks before she can even walk?! Is she going to be a prodigy surpassing Azula herself, or what?

This Jet is definitely more likeable than Canon-Jet, who never gave any indication of realizing or repenting from what a monster he'd become.
4/6/2016 c3 Kimberly T
Yup, Jet knows how to find people's weak spots and reel them in. I think it didn't work so well for him against Canon-Zuko because Zuko's had to deal with his sister the master manipulator for most of his life, so he's got plenty of experience with manipulating types.
4/6/2016 c2 Kimberly T
Going back before reading forward, commenting on a few things I found particularly noteworthy in previously posted chapters before starting on the latest two to be posted.

No mention of just how he was reunited with Iroh? Did the events of The Chase happen in this AU or not?

I have to say that it does seem a little unlikely that Zuko could spend a few days caring for an infant, possibly even several days, before noticing the color of her eyes. I could more easily believe that he did notice but didn't really think anything of it at first, because to him, gold eyes are normal; everyone in the royal family has them, and it's likely that several people aboard his old ship had them too.
4/4/2016 c17 Kimberly T
This is so tense and angsty and so absolutely -packed- with emotion in every scene, you've got me solidly hooked and looking for more! Well done!
4/3/2016 c16 8Patbrooke
This is some good shit. Some really good shit. Like it's not a writing style you see often but it's absolutely brilliantly done.

Especially this last chapter. Really loved the zuko feels
3/31/2016 c16 4Zuko-of-Asgard
I personally have taken a break from writing my own Avatar fanfics, but I enjoy reading others, such as yours, its amazing and is it weird if I like Jet and his little bucket?
3/31/2016 c15 Zuko-of-Asgard
FEELS! UGH-H-H!
3/25/2016 c14 Zuko-of-Asgard
This is just amazing ~ ! And I never really thought about how Katara freezing him to the tree would affect Jet, hmm, that gives me some things to think about, that was a nice touch ~ and the ending, UGH-H-H! Right in the feels!
3/24/2016 c13 Zuko-of-Asgard
Awww ~ I've been reading this as a guest for a while and now I'm finally going to review with my profile! I love this! I just love it and some parts are just so adorable and I love it! I just can't explain how much I love this story ~ !
3/16/2016 c8 ArrayePL
Sweet. Jet met Lin again. Looking forward how he will solve his issue with baby firebender :)
3/14/2016 c7 3Artifice31029
Just realized I've forgotten to leave a review before.

This AU is actually very similar to an idea that's been knocking around inside my head lately, and it's very neat to see someone else thinking along the same lines. How does a drastic shift in responsibility for someone else's wellbeing - someone who literally can't look after themselves - affect his personality and character growth?

The writing itself is neatly paced, and stylistically graceful, with a lot of tugging at heartstrings, characters struggling with their place in a world that no longer aligns with what they were brought up to believe. I enjoy the flow of the narrative very much, and am very much looking forward to seeing where this story goes.

Thanks for posting, and happy writing!

~Evil