for Red Frills

7/19/2016 c5 AuthorOfTheFall
Definitely one of the more interesting RWBY fics out here. Keep up the good work.
6/6/2016 c5 1PhantasmaXw
ren's popular now.. GG.

nice fic, i really like to see the next chap (o)/
5/9/2016 c5 Trewill91
I WAS NOT PREPARED FOR THE FEELS OF THIS STORY! I WAS NOT PREPARED FOR ANY OF IT! NOT RUBY, NOT YANG, NOT WEISS, NOT BLAKE, NOT JAUNE, NOT PYRRHA, NOT NORA, AND DEFINITELY NOT REN!
5/6/2016 c5 78jin0uga
That ending. That. Ending. This feels train ain't lettin' me off anytime soon, I can tell ya that! Very good job on the story so far, Ruby and Jaune's character development is well paced and extremely interesting to read - I feel invested for both of them instead of just rooting for one! The rest of the cast is also getting their fair share of development, which is good. Great, actually. It'll be interesting to see how they react/adept to Ruby's changes in the foreseeable future.

I think everyone who read this far already has a faint idea of what Ruby may be going through, but even so, the suspense is killin' me. I still wanna say you should take your time in writing the next few chapters though, because normally, anything good is definitely be worth the wait. Thanks for writing and giving us this awesome story!
5/5/2016 c5 81Tusk Act IV
It suddenly all makes sense. The angst, the lack of fun, the OOC-ness. Ruby's pregnant. Sorta. Two souls in her and all that, right?

It's funny cause I actually have a prompt in m idea doc where Summer's soul is in Jaune's body. It explains why he has a lot of aura (two people), his aura being white instead of, as one would think, yellow, and the "natural potential."

In all seriousness, the I'm still not really sure where this is headed besides in Ruby learning something that would be summed up as "Deal with it." It's also sorta hard to relate with Ruby considering most people do grow up looking like their parents and Raven is literally Yang's model with black hair and red eyes so Ruby could get in line. And Yang was abandoned as well.

Also, it's hard to see it as a big deal unless Qrow/Tai molested her as a kid thinking she was Summer.

I think just the hardest part for me is the idea of canonRuby who is shown to love her mom and most probably thinks of Summer as the idea huntress and think of Summer's body as a "weak, little, girl" when she clearly idolizes her. It just feels a bit contrived.

I think my biggest nitpck is that why would Ruby hate her 15 year old body and subsequently Summer, if the Summer she would remember (and would be most present in pictures) would be 25 or have a strong adult body? Her thought process is clearly equating her Summer body to that of a weak girl but the Summer in her head should be clearly much older.
4/23/2016 c4 Moonman
Great story I love it, hope to see another chapter.
4/20/2016 c4 Guest
I think the fact that you never truly adress what's 'wrong' about Ruby gives a feeling of mystery. It's pretty neat how you keep moving the story even though its premise remains unknown.

One can interpret it the way 'Reading Addicted' did but given your comment on 'Rebus Rubus Rosus' I feel like it's your intention for the fic to be ambiguous and have different interpretations even if there's one that stands above the rest.
4/20/2016 c4 Guest
Hmmmmmmmmmm. Ozpin is time traveling Ruby confirmed? speculation aside, you have a great fic here. The quality is much higher than most stuff on
4/19/2016 c4 SecondXChance
Really enjoying this. I'm actually liking the longer chapters, which surprised me. Also I think you really nailed Ozpin here, so very well done on that and everything else too.
4/19/2016 c4 2Acerman
STOOOOPPPP IIIITTTT~ You're just giving us more questions and not answering any of them~ Whhhyyyyyy?
4/18/2016 c1 12Ringed Rose of Lesbos
First off, I have to say you capture the feeling of being trans very well. I don't know how you identify in the gender identity spectrum, but you have enormous empathy to have written it this well. You have also written this story very well.

I also want to applaud for never using the word transgender. The lack of a label highlights Ruby's own lack of knowing who she, or he, is. You make her experiences relatable, even if the reader is not struggling with their gender identity or a similiar experience themselves.

Thirdly, I want to say thank you. I'm a human around Ruby's age, and like her, I feel like my body does not match my gender. Biologically, I am female, but I have always felt more agender or genderqueer. I am also queer, but that's my sexual orientation. While my family knows, we never really talk about it, and they only found out last year. Like Ruby, I was unable to transition or begin my transition before puberty, and I will likely never transition physically until college.

Stories like these are how I feel less alone in the world, and being able to see a character I love and relate to go through a similiar experience really make me feel good inside. You have done an amazing job with this first chapter.

I also have a few suggestions/ideas if you feel like accuracy is a problem. Also, feel free to ask any questions of you need some, though I do not represent the trans community as a whole. My mother, after a long battle with me, began to allow me to wear dress pants with nice shirts to church and formal events, and she's been generous in understanding my hatred of makeup. Perhaps it'd be more accurate of the coming out process to have Ruby begin small steps like that, as a way of slowly emerging into the person Ruby want to be. (Next battle with mom is swimsuits. *crosses fingers* I also feel like Ren would be in a good position to be her first ally or a mentor, as though he were also going through something similiar in his life.

Once again, great non on the story!
4/11/2016 c3 2SpecOfGenius
Wow, this is highly unique and original. I love it. I haven't seen anything done like this. I have no questions, I have faith that you'll answer those in later chapters. Though, wow, what's up with the longer chapter. Not that it isn't awesome, just surprising.

I thought the Ruby-Ren interaction is interesting. They never interact in the show or in many fanfictions (though considering what has happened in the show, they'll probably be interacting more there).

Not much else to say. Can't wait to see the next update (especially after the cliffhanger). Thanks for writing this, it was great reading it,

~RedRenegade
4/10/2016 c3 3GrimmGuardian
So connfffuusseedd, what's her secret?
4/4/2016 c3 MASTEROFSEX
Hey that's pretty good...please continue i look forward to the next chapter.
4/2/2016 c3 Kharn the betray
Great story please continue, that cliffhanger has me on the edge of my seat I love this fic.
69 « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 .. Last Next »