for Convergence

4/5/2020 c1 Mark
The Angels don't want to feed. They want to kill, as the Doctor has been saying since 2007.
4/4/2020 c1 Mark
Just a word about Shutter, the Doctor Who/9 crossover. That is definitely not how the Doctor speaks of the Weeping Angels.
1/21/2018 c12 Guest
And it's dead, lovely.
5/10/2017 c12 13darkmist111
Great story hope you update soon.
2/28/2017 c12 69NullNoMore
Finally had time to read, and such a wonderful reward. Thank you for this lovely piece of work.

The banter among the triumvirate was marvelous, made me laugh out loud twice. Love the touches for Maurice, the hardest of the three to like, and now I'm starting to. It was a delight to have true Elma speaking, and really hear her voice, as opposed to the careful construct of most of the game. (And Eleonora rules. We just need to be good children and obey her and everything will work out fine.)

Your world building continues to be lovely (mimeosomes!), and the clarity of combat descriptions impressive. The emphasis on teamwork is nice, and fits XCX so well, where each Cross, spectacular as they are, is not the only hero. Again, thank you for this work
2/27/2017 c12 11Ying Fa Xang
In this drought of decent fanfics I find myself in as of late, I must say, your story is like finding an oasis in desert! I love your take on Cross's mysterious past, and am eager for more. Hope you plan to post another soon, and thanks for cutting out the eating tatsu jokes, those ARE annoying!

Also! making our dear "space mom" a hot-rodder? Genius!*
10/21/2016 c11 Mystearical
This is really great so far, feels like there's a lot of potential here. Looking forward to more!
10/9/2016 c10 69NullNoMore
Bless you for the ban on eat-Tatsu jokes, all hail that. Bless you for getting into the sociology of the Nopon race, borrow vs. give, and making those little furballs interesting and real, and trying to make the follow ball have SOME reality as opposed to a useful in-game trick. Thank you for the beauty of Elma's response to the Marnuck (they did not get enough hate in the game, because they are vile). I thought your Noponese was effective and not annoying (so so so hard with xeno voices, you know?).

Your voice for Elma is STILL spot on, and I love that her simmering anger is starting to peek out - it felt a little jarring in the game itself, but here it makes sense. And Cross is interesting, perhaps too magically interesting. I'm not sure how I'm going to feel about that, but I really want to find out, yes.

And next chapter's bit about L is so fun. Again, I really appreciate you making the game story deeper and more interesting.
8/8/2016 c11 6RedIronFang
Hmm welp shist's hit the fan. I digress though, but I gotta ask if you are planning on adding new party members that aren't in the game? I presonally always wondered why you couldn't (spoilers) get any Wrothians as part members and of course... why no Heropon. I know it's impossible for Riki to be replaced but I would've loved a Nopon to fight with. Pretty good story though, I don't really watch for spelling errors in stories but I do look for the way it's being developed and I have to say it's interesting no doubt!
7/15/2016 c9 43Makokam
Don't put Author's Notes in the middle of a story. Just don't. It disrupts the story, looks terrible, and if you think you have to break narration to explain something to the reader either you need to just change it so you don't, or you're wrong. Your plot, if that's the right word, is interesting. "Approach" might be a better term since the plot is the game's. But the narration is dry. I can't think of any other word for it. I find myself skimming through most of it because there's just not much to sink my teeth into. And there was a point where you called Lib "Link" again, and you wrote "campaign" instead of "camping". I suppose that could have been on purpose, but it would have been a /really/ odd choice. There could be other's, but those are the two I remember.
7/9/2016 c4 69NullNoMore
Mercy, now THAT was a battle scene, good to every juicy bite. About midway through, I suddenly remembered just how much I hated lepyx early in the game. So much hatred. That was many months and levels ago and I'd forgotten it. But you brought it back perfectly, their stupid stretchy sneakiness and tendency to wipe out a (very) low level party in one move. And Elma continues to be exactly right, and still interesting, a hard thing to manage with a character so encapsulated.
7/3/2016 c5 43Makokam
I think you should put some more effort into proofreading these chapters. There are a lot of little mistakes. Well, maybe not a LOT, but too many. For example, you wrote "all though" when it should be "although", you keep writing "to" when you mean "too", and it's "fix-it gal" not "fix-it gall". That extra L DRASTICALLY changes the meaning of the word.
7/3/2016 c4 Makokam
Well, Side Slash, obviously, and Flame Grenade. The armor and healing ones as well. Shadow Runner and... Shadowstrike? I wasn't paying that much attention to it. Since I'm commenting I guess I''ll mention that the Ether healing and and buffs the Gem is interesting. not sure if I like it, but it's interesting.
7/3/2016 c2 Makokam
Not a bad start. You've certainly done a good job of making life in the field seem more real. If I had a complaint it'd be that the narration, and even the dialogue is a bit dry and samey.

As for the geography, I don't have any numbers or word-of-god statements, but I'm pretty convinced that Mira is itty bitty and has very low gravity. Sure, gravity as low as is necessary for the geography to not colapse on it'self wouldn't hold an atmosphere...but that's not the strangest thing. Besides, look at the size of the creatures, and that things fly that REALLY shouldn't(and I'm not even counting the rocks), and the fact that there is no height you can fall from that will hurt you. Unless you land badly(I'm looking at you Mia).
But yeah, wind and water errosion will take the path of least resistance, so if the rock at the top of a river is denser than the rock lower down, that low density rock will wear away faster. Same with wind erosion. It'ks just the low gravity, and the strength of Miranium(?) keeping things upright.
And maybe some weird magnetism or similar.
6/25/2016 c8 Guest
Xenoblade chronicles universe? I mean, it makes sense regarding the ether and - -, which were seen wielded by Shulk and - as anti-mechon weaponry. It also makes the skell dislike make sense.
17 Page 1 2 Next »