FanFiction.Net
for vague beginnings

7/31/2017 c1 8lovebirdy
Okay the idea of Hermione reading Matilda is one of the best things I've ever read. Baby Hermione is the best, I remember reading that book as a little girl and trying so hard to make a cup move, a pencil roll. Unfortunately, it never happened for me.
7/31/2017 c1 AvidReader4746
I've seen this prompt. You wrote a beautiful story. :D

It made me smile...My mother used to worry about my reading habits too!
4/8/2016 c1 21Blackpantherprince
Very charming and well written story, and just sooo in character for Hermione, right on spot! She really found a match in Matilda, didn't she? I can really imagine Hermione pre-Hogwarts childhood exactly like this... fitting portrayal.
4/5/2016 c1 midnightsviolet
This is so awesome! I totally loved and enjoyed it! You rock! Oh, and I used to read Enid Blyton when I was a kid! :)
3/30/2016 c1 7TheNameOfARiver
Wow! Just wow! Nothing more I can say or write! Mental dilemma of a bright, studious student who's trying very hard not to believeanything outside her books but then again one day her reality shifts! Perhaps That's how Hermione actually felt. Lovely story,write some more HP.
3/29/2016 c1 Guest
I LOVED it. You done a great job like this is exactly how hermikne would be . I would really appreciate it if you could carry the story on
3/28/2016 c1 1LilyLiss
Such a good idea for your story, I never thought of Hermione like that! Im not even joking, this is porbably one of the best oneshots ive ever read :) and I love roald Dahl's work too, so win-win :)
3/26/2016 c1 20Tiny Teddy Bear
Oh! How delightful! I've seen that thing on the internet too, with Hermione reading Matilda, and you've done a lovely job of fleshing it out into a whole story. :)

And I thought it was so true to Hermione's character that she's uncomfortable with her abilities, because she doesn't think it's possible. It goes against everything that she's ever learnt so far, and doesn't make sense! Imagine how relieved she would be when she learns about magic and Hogwarts! :D

I liked the list of accidental magic that Hermione does - even though she won't read any more Roald Dahl, because she thinks it's all his fault! *grins* Loved the cat turning pink - I can just see it happening, and Hermione's shocked face! :)
3/26/2016 c1 2OhLookItsAnotherWriter
This is a really great piece! I love how you stayed in Hermione's character, and the connections to Matilda really paid off! It always seemed a little strange to me how J.K. Rowling never explained how Muggle-born witches and wizards were supposed to quickly adapt to wizarding culture, and offer no explanation for accidental magic until they were in school...
3/26/2016 c1 2JeanAndBilius
Great!
3/25/2016 c1 6slytherinshadowhunter67
That was brilliant! Awesome story, and I really liked how you portrayed Hermione! :)