for The Quick and Easy Path

11/3/2020 c11 BrentNewland
All the star wars people seem incredibly rude hostile and condescending, extremely ooc. Also star wars ships have separate particle and ray shields, hence why an executor can block turbolasers and let a measly a wing hit the bridge. Star trek shields are superior in the sense that they act as both ray and particle shields.
11/3/2020 c2 BrentNewland
Star wars sensors can't detect ships in normal space from hyperspace.
3/7/2019 c26 BrentNewland
Everyone in this fanfic is an asshole. Everyone's an asshole to each other.
10/15/2017 c9 AmaroqLycanphoenix
Chapter Nine.

Nice to see Denora Pel again. I apologize about my harsh criticism earlier on Chapter Five.
10/15/2017 c5 AmaroqLycanphoenix
Chapter Five raises a red flag for me on the subject of internal consistency.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty certain that Hyperspace is actually pretty slow compared to Warp Travel unless you are using Hyperspace lanes.

For a story all about the technological balance, it would be critical to do some more thorough research. If this story were instead about character interactions, I would be more forgiving on that topic.
4/18/2017 c3 4korrd
And I'm off this fic. The issue with Star Wars/Star Trek crossovers is that one is a natural progression of technology, while the other is a story where technology has stagnated for millennia. If you look at TOR, KOTOR, and the like, the tech looks quite similar to that in the movies. That shows that technology has not advanced in millennia in Star Wars, whereas in ST the technology is constantly advancing. On top of this is the issue with having a Borg cube get destroyed so easily. Yeah, sorry no can do. A cube can quite literally destroy a planet, as can a good number of other ST ships. Whereas its canon in SW that to repeat what the Death Star did in ANH would take half the Imperial Navy. So it makes no sense that the Borg wouldn't easily destroy, or assimilate the SSD here. So yeah, I'm out.
10/26/2016 c48 15TheBleachDoctor
I like the concept of this story, but in its current state it's little more than a series of long summaries. The characters are flat and two dimensional. Basically, you have too much content and not enough words. For what's going on in this story so far, you could have filled nearly three entire books.

As for the future of this fic, I'd honestly suggest a longer, more fleshed out iteration.
That being said, the amount of effort and time you've invested in this is impressive. The story itself, and by that I mean the plot, isn't bad at all. In fact, it's pretty great. But you haven't done what was needed to graduate this from a story idea to an actual story. I wish you luck in all future endeavors. You have a lot of promise.
7/2/2016 c4 DullReign82
this chapter makes me laugh,
7/2/2016 c3 DullReign82
I'm smiling this such an awesome thing Star Wars and Star Trek together at last.
7/2/2016 c1 DullReign82
Quite the enjoyable first chapter. It really pulled me in and made me want to read more.
6/19/2016 c2 Chronus1326
I'm just getting started here, things seem good so far, plot wise. Your writing continues to be of good quality. I was happy to read that authors note about how you care more about SW tech than the characters, that made me happy to continue. At the end of the chapter, Janeway just leaves the bridge? I mean, i know they weren't getting answers so soon, but no way she just walked away with a 19KM ship out there. And Tuvok must have been trying very hard to answer her question about tactical capabilities...if the ship wanted them gone, there would be no two ways about it, maybe B'lana could shift them into fluidic space, but that's about their only escape, lol.
5/25/2016 c25 25weebee
Hmm, all in all the fic's pretty good. May come back and check it out again when there are more chapters, as my one complaint with the writing itself is with the individual chapter sizes being a bit small.

Other thing I'd note in a review is that your shoutout character names are a bit distracting. Stuff like the Starfleet Admirals or the New Republic ship captain being called Proudmoore aren't so bad, but a Vidian captain named Dullahan is a bit much.
5/24/2016 c1 Lucario
I don't know why, but I just had the strangest premonition that you needed some kind of support or confidence.

So, whatever's troubling you, good luck. If there's a problem you can't overcome, talk to your friends first. And I mean real friends, not myself and others.
5/1/2016 c15 2stormwingssky
"Proudmoore wasn't going to ask why these people would try to stuff a space station through a wormhole." Because they're Starfleet! XD
4/16/2016 c8 EffervescentNova
The Vidians were the creepiest of all the Voyager species for me. A completely grotesque people. The new technology and tactics that you developed for them suits them well.

The Vidians are just lucky they did not encounter a sith ship.

Look forward to more.