for Trust Not Blindly

8/4/2017 c1 7HobbitLover4eva
oh thank you for this! I've been devouring the Silmarilion and Turor/Idril and Beren/Luthien are my two favorite romances of Young Middle Earth! I especially love stories that care to go really deep with Tuor's character, because to me, he should be a bit more complicated and have other loves besides the Elder. I mean he is a Man ultimately and it would make sense that he has other loves that rival his love of Elves.
Also, thank you so MUCH for taking care to copy the older style of writing of the Silmarilion. I really dislike it when authors go too modern with their vocabulary. But yours is perfect!

Speaking of Tuor though, I personally doubt though Tuor's ability to escape death like Tolkein claimed he did. Because even Mandos said they are NOT allowed to withhold Death from Men. So how to you grapple that with Tuor remaining with Elves forever while Beren and Luthien die?
5/9/2016 c1 13Araloth the Random
Wow! A non-creepy, non-uber-dark Maeglin - now, that's something you don't see every day! I really feel sorry for the guy. The way you've written him, he doesn't come across as trying to manipulate her but as truly thinking of her happiness (even though he clearly hopes that her happiness will involve him somehow). A very touching story. Thank you for writing!

Ara
4/1/2016 c1 DefenestratedCountess
beautiful! It really humanises (elfizes?) maeglin — most stories just make him dark and creepy...