FanFiction.Net
for The Fifty United States?

12/8/2016 c8 Guest
Since you are rewriting this, I'm going to ask that you leave my state, WV, out of it. I've seen enough bad or mediocre personification of my state to the point where I'm just too wary of these types of fics.

If you do add him (and yes, I do see my state as a boy if personified) despite request, please be respectful and do research. Not just on my state but all of them. Many don't and it results in the state either being far off the ancestry point in both appearance and personality (Many over look the Dutch in New York and many the possible Spanish ancestry Virginia might have (As Spain did explore in that territory.). My state's top five ancestry consists of German, Irish-Scottish, American, English and Italian. We love history (archeology), some of us love sports, some love a lot of us are a bit reckless. Saying that now as I saw one made it a scaredy cat that ran up a tree, another made us hate talking about our Civil War history and made us too much like England ignoring our other ancestry, another made it cry in a ball instead of trying to help in a stressful situation. ), facts being wrong (someone once thought our state's abbrevaition was WA. Another made it wear green shorts with matching sneakers when the common dress here (even for girls) is blue jeans, tennis shoes or boots. Many mistake us for having a southern accent when we have both northern and southern. Speaking of accents, I'm glad you are keeping them out.).Tiny things can make a lot of difference.

I also suggest you add a warning. Something as simple as; "This is only for comedy. In no way, shape or form am I trying to offend or insult anyone. I apologize if I do", can ease any discontent and prepare us for said discontent. It does really help.
12/8/2016 c7 Guest
Copyrighted song lyrics and non-story chapters are not allowed on this site. Check the Rules & Guidelines page; Entries Not Allowed: 1. Non-story entries: lists, bloopers, polls, previews, challenges, author notes, and etc. And: Actions Not Allowed: 3. Copying from a previously publshed work (including musical lyrics) not in the public domain. Meaning that it is no longer under copyright protection. (www dot fanfiction dot nt / guidelines /).

I strongly advice you remove the copyrighted lyrics and either mention the song playing somewhere, use public domain lyrics or write your own.

I also suggest yo move the author note chapter to a chapter with story content, or put it on your profile.

Please remember to respect the site's rules from now on. They are there for a reason after all. Your story isn't the only thing at risk of removal. Your account could be suspended or deleted too. Doesn't always happen, but it does occur from time to time depending on what the admins decide. Better safe than sorry later. Especially seeing as he copyright holders could be notified and a C&D is sent. Or worse, they could sue.
7/31/2016 c8 1xenocrates32
Look at my It's Canada's Fault story and you can find descriptions of all fifty states on Chapter 2
7/30/2016 c1 2JuliaBlocks
Uggg I can't resist when people ask for help in fanfic about character design. This is going to be a long one...
1. My home state, Colorado. Colorado can stand a bunch of crazy different temperatures. That means Colorado can stay in lot's of different states. We love dogs more than the average person. In Bolder it's basically a crime if you don't have a dog and if not a cat. I once saw a man take is dog on a skiing trip. Going to the next one. It's not just something you're told. Coloradans LOVE skiing and hiking, people from all over the world (most of them athletes) because of our high altitude and our great Rocky mountains. When it isn't skiing season it's broncos season. I have seen it happen before... if you enter a classroom and say you're a fan of anything but the broncos then be prepared for a proper shouting. The teacher won't do anything because they either like the broncos or no it's pointless. We are happy and helpful at every turn. It was actually proven right by a study! We can see the bright side in anything. We love our schools! When you are out on the plains you see lot's of prairie dogs. It's just normal for us though. WE are one of the most fit states out of the rest! Not going to see many Coloradoans on that list.
This isn't the format but I already typed all this up a long time ago sooo. also I don't want state Ships. Though blackmail might be fun. Fine with the country ships though.
K thx Bye.
7/18/2016 c7 1xenocrates32
thats okay. i read and write at what time is it now?
7/17/2016 c7 Sami-chan98
Yay Minnesota was in this. Great job on her charecter. I hope to see more of her, especially inypteractions with Nordics and Canada/providences. If you have any more questions let me know but great job so far. Keep up the good work.
7/4/2016 c6 1HeartHorse11
Please stop with state ships. I don't like them. Moving on, I have been hearing fireworks for about the last month or so, and I would like a chapter about the photos. It's not bad but it is short. Ummm...*tries to think of something non random and or stupid to say* idk byeee
6/2/2016 c4 2midnight strikes2003
Heyyyoo... I has ann idea for Vermont...
Name: Victoria
Personality: FANGIRL ALL THE WAY. Also thinks Her maple is better than Canada's, And is unafraid to tell him that.
usually wears flanel shirts and jeans, sky blue eyes like America's, red blone hair, has grudge agenst new hamptire and new york for argueeing over her for so long. Calls America Daddy, and is 18.
4/27/2016 c3 Sami-chan98
Great story so far. I would love to see the state of Minnesota make an appearance and maybe have some cute interactions with the Nordics seeing as MN has the highest population of people with Nordic heratage(specificly Norwegian) so I normaly base her looks of of them. Originally the Ojibwe and Dakota tribes lived in MN we later got the state from France in the Louisiana purchase. The most important thing is that in the state we are known for being very nice and for the most part it is true. We can be passive aggressive though. We have a rivalry with Wisconsin. Our favorite sport is hockey. In general we are outdoorsy people no matter the time of year. We like to wear flannel shirts. The MN accent is drawing out to "o" soud and changing "t" and "th" to be more like a d. We have very good relations with Canada. This is just some quick info. If you would like more I would be happy to give a more I depth description
4/2/2016 c1 Rebecca Frost