for You're a Long Way from Home - Rocket Raccoon in Zootopia

10/28/2016 c8 8Omegashark18
Now that is a divergence. I look forward to where this goes next. :)
10/28/2016 c8 23Jedi Alex Colbent
I mean... it was KIND of plot altering. Manchas dying didn't happen, yes, and if I recall correctly, it was a ram named Doug who shot Manchas and not a wolf, but other than that, it kind of mostly stayed the same.
10/28/2016 c8 1Darman Skirata
Me thinks there is more going on then meets the eye. And if Bogo tried to go through with any of his threats, well, lawyers would have a FIELD day with the shit storm that would kick off.
Although that isn't counting the fact that Rocket is a might trigger happy, and if people disapearing makes things easier? *shrugs* sucks to be them.
10/5/2016 c7 Dracomancer1
The beginning was a tad clumsy, but the writing that came later is exceptional, particularly the way your innovations in the Zootopia words blend so flawlessly with the canon that one can hardly tell where one ends and the other begins. I look forward to reading the rest.
9/30/2016 c7 Joe
Love it hope to read more soon.
9/4/2016 c3 1SkyDragonMC
Great story and a very interesting concept. I hope to see more from you in the future.
8/15/2016 c7 13Incarnate Firefly
I lost it at Slendermane. Especially when Groot tried to calm down Woolter and ended up scaring him even more. But hey, it looks like he's caught evidence of Bellwether being in on the plan, even if he doesn't have the other pieces of the puzzle. That'll be handy once Rocket makes the connection.

I'm glad you caught the subtle adult joke in this part of the movie - when Mr. Big mistook Judy for a performer, he meant it in a stripper cop way. And hey, it looks like Rocket's good deed also paid off on his karma. It looks like the plot is starting to deviate now, which is good. Not that I haven't enjoyed the story so far, but now it looks like there will be more surprises in store.
8/15/2016 c6 Incarnate Firefly
Oh thank you, thank you, THANK YOU Rocket, for not putting Judy through an 8-hour wait at the DMV. I really like how you can take liberties in breaking the cartoon fourth wall with Rocket (bar the Naturalist Club bit, which I was just fine with being G-rated and needed no additional details .). The revised hustle was also great, though I think you mean to say "did you just boot my stroller?", not "jack". Oh, and I don't think Emmett would have graduated university forty-one years ago and have such young children; he'd be in his sixties and likely a grandfather. I'd see him more likely as a graduate in the early 2000s or maybe, MAYBE late 90s.
8/15/2016 c5 Incarnate Firefly
I've actually been enjoying your portryal of Rocket very much so far. Especially given that he's been told he has a clean slate, and his recent adventure saving Xandar with the Guardians, I don't find he's been out of character at all. And I think Judy has taken a liking to him, against her better judgement. It will be fun to watch this investigation.

Having Rocket piss off Bogo was fantastic; as someone who's not used to being talked back to, he obviously can't stand freelancers like Rocket or Nick mouthing him off. I can't wait for Rocket to witness Nick verbally destroying Bogo after the Manchas incident...maybe Rocket could even join in for a wombo-combo. Just as long as he doesn't make a habit out of calling Bogo an "ox" XD

The tie-ins you reference for Rocket's companions Blackjack and Lylla are brilliant for comparing them to Judy and Mrs. Otterton. It gives his role in the plot much more strength as he feels something of a personal stake in the plot. And the railroading is fine because I think Rocket alone makes the familiar story (and his influence on it) worth it.

What else...too many good things in this chapter. Oh yeah. GrootyRoot and his texting. Enough said XD
8/15/2016 c4 Incarnate Firefly
Hahaha that's definitely a great twist on the story. Rocket's pep talk to Judy was certainly heartwarming, and the fact that they're both stubborn and strongwilled despite obvious characteristic differences is played very well here.

I'm beginning to appreciate how Rocket makes for a perfect surrogate audience member in the plot. His observations of things - Judy's well-meaning but naïve worldviews (I love Judy as a character but even I'm glad he stopped her little "don't call me cute" spiel), Mr. Big's daughter ("survival instincts limited to screaming and cowering in fear" is about right), Gazelle's music (Shakira IS fantastic but the radio does play new songs too much until we hate them and never hear them again) makes his cynicism very refreshing and genuine. Rocket saving a life and donating his clothes in the process, even if he chalked it up to disposing of a cumbersome disguise, strikes the right balance in his character between virtuous and self-serving. It was one of the things that made him so great in Guardians of the Galaxy, and I'm very glad you're continuing to do his character justice.
8/15/2016 c3 Incarnate Firefly
Ahh, so you're altering the Zootopia plot a bit according to Rocket's influence. And the dialogue too, though I'm not sure if that's intentional. Either way, it works, and it's a good thing Rocket's smart enough not to underestimate Judy. I wouldn't place a comfortable bet on him being quicker on the draw than her though, since she has genetically faster reflexes, and from the seeing her in both training and in action she's definitely taken a level in badass. But Rocket does outmatch her in terms of actual experience, so it would be interesting to see them go toe-to-toe if it comes down to that.
8/15/2016 c2 Incarnate Firefly
Well, this is shaping up to be an interesting story. Certainly an alluring premise, and putting PG-rated Rocket into a G-rated world is worth some laughs. I wonder when Judy will enter the story in Precinct One, and what part she'll play.

By the way, was Nick calling Rocket "Sly Cooper" meant to be a reference to his VA Bradley Cooper as well?
8/8/2016 c7 Guest007
Quite the long wait, but worth it.
8/5/2016 c7 atom king
I love this chapter, I really love the ending with goot I can't wait for the next chapter continue and I hope to see some rocket and Judy moments
8/6/2016 c7 IamOminous