for The Sound of Magic

5/18/2019 c1 Guest
More please
2/21/2018 c1 5Charlotte Ann Kent
Very Cute! I've always loved The Sound of Music

If you don't mind a little constructive criticism, I think you could initially set the stage a little better - give our imaginations a little more to draw us back into those beautiful grounds. A second related problem I had when reading was the timing... no not the Harry Potter timing, but the internal timing of the Von Trapp's story. I didn't realize it was supposed to be set between the engagement and the escape soon enough to avoid being distracted by the question of when this was taking place. You do clarify it, but not quite soon enough in my mind. I think setting the stage just a little more could solve that problem as well.

When Maria walked in I knew what was coming... That was a very charming scene with her and Dumbledore!
2/18/2018 c1 10bloomandgrow
I am embarrassed to say that I hadn't read this before - I don't know why - everything you write is so brilliant.
Jeez, this was hysterical. I howled all the way through. what a hoot (haha).
I was in stitches reading about Max and Georg and the owl.
And how utterly perfect that Maria went to Hogwarts.

Ahh, still wiping the tears of laughter from my eyes. Thank you!

PS you are sorely missed in the TSOM fandom. I hope you will be writing again soon.
6/29/2017 c1 Xoxo-x3
Lovely story, but what does the 20s have to do with this? The story is set in the 30s, Austria was invaded 1938...Caio3
12/25/2016 c1 3AshGalleon
Two fandoms came together brilliantly! I love how Maria is magical after all this time ;) Such an interesting story! I love how you write! I hope to keep reading more of your works, whether you decide to continue this story or not. A happy Christmas to you! Cheers to more stories about the characters we so dearly want to meet!
10/6/2016 c1 EvaAnderson
This was truly awesome, loved it and you merged 2 stories so well, wish you made a whole series out of it :D
7/19/2016 c1 73UndoubtedlyTheWine
Maria studied at Hogwarts too! Haha! Ending was cool.:D
5/23/2016 c1 TheMountainGirl
THIS IS AWESOME OHMYGOD
4/24/2016 c1 136rebecca-in-blue
I'm reminded of Ron's line to McGonagall in the movies, "That was bloody brilliant!" because that's exactly what this story was. I lol'ed the whole way through, especially at Max and Georg's very different reactions to the owl. The scene of them meeting Dumbledore was great too, and just when I thought this story couldn't get any better, Maria walked in and recognized him! Oh, how I would've loved to hear the explanation that followed! Really wonderful work.
4/20/2016 c1 Stormtrooper1
Awesome! The von trapos and dumbledore in the same story is just amazing. Love that kurt got his letter. And Max!
4/14/2016 c1 58gothicbutterfly95
You already know I love this awesomeness and it was just as good the second time around.
Love the way there have been things happening that indicate Kurt's magical abilities, and the nod to Gretl. Because apparently it runs in the family (is it Agathe's side? I think it might be Agathe's side).
Franz being all flustered, as well as him being woefully uneducated on predatory fowl, Max's interactions with the owl, Georg's flustered and disbelieving nature, Kurt wanting to see the owl; all such awesome bits
You did the letter absolutely brilliantly, and Dumbledore was perfect, complimenting the house and how clever Muggles are. And then of course, the brilliant ending; Maria being a Hogwarts graduate (I'm thinking she was a Hufflepuff).
SO BRILLIANT!
4/11/2016 c1 24charleybec
This was seriously THE best! You have such a talent with writing everyone in character - including the HP characters! This was so ridiculously clever as well. So many times cross-over stories just feel forced and out of place in both fandoms but this fitted in perfectly - this is an exceptional achievement in itself.

I could just see Max and Georg puzzling over the owls and haha that Kurt is a wizard (and I loved the nod towards Gretl having a 'talent'. Go Gretl power!) and I laughed out loud so much at the final lines about Maria and her wicked childhood - that all makes sense now that we know she's a witch! I can almost imagine a Samantha/Darren scenario in the future with poor Georg begin the butt of the many magic jokes in the household. What a hoot! (Get it? owl? hoot? Oh man, I need coffee and chocolate and sleep - sorry for my poor jokes).

Anyway, you continue to blow me away with your amazing talent and ability to churn out these awesome stories with next-to-no effort where as I have to resort to tanned ankle jokes. Sigh. Great job!
4/10/2016 c1 35Marjorie Nescio
That was fun.
4/8/2016 c1 21Mie779
Still LOVING this... had me laughing again after my second read... oh lord so many little nice details and funny tidbits... like Max sweet talking the owl... and I simply LOVE the surprise ending with Maria knowing Dumbledore... Now THAT would be a fun fic to write... or maybe continue this one...
4/8/2016 c1 4MontmarayRoyal
this story was hysterical. my one criticism is that you forget to change the letter to account for Dumvledore being the deputy instead of McGonagall. Otherwise, it was amazing