for Save The Date

10/4/2017 c1 2brindle2
I played Mrs Paroo last year. This is absolutely adorable and perfect!
6/23/2017 c1 4thatweirdtheatrekid
Aww, this is so cute! I'm in Music Man playing Ethel right now. I came just because I'm currently obsessed with the entire show, but I wasn't expecting to find anything on Marcellus and Ethel! It's precious! Well, I think so. I can't speak for my Marcellus. Haha (Don't worry. It's great. He just doesn't appreciate nice things.)
4/19/2016 c1 148Teobi
gURRRL!

Just as you know zilch about Psycho, I know zilch about Music Man except for what I googled. But just as you enjoyed my story, I enjoyed yours... because YOU wrote it and it has that old spark of JWood201 magic running right the way through it.

Of course the awkwardness of Marcellus made me think of you-know-who. Dropping his ice cream spoon. Losing his breath when Ethel curls her fingers around his. Not wanting to wash away her lipstick. Kissing in front of the horses. FEEDING THE DUCKS. I don't know these people but I'm in love with them already.

I love the motif of One Hundred Dates, and how their trust and affection grows as each date passes. Climbing trees, teaching teens how to dance, acting the goat all over town. Let's face it, this is the life we ALL want. We all want a love that protects us when shit gets real, as it inevitably does, and someone we can bare our souls to without being judged. These two go through a rough patch and come out the other side, their love undiminished. I know that there's a con man involved, but from what I gather the con man soon becomes an actual bandleader? This actually sounds like a really lovely play with a cast of super adorable characters.

The people in your stories are always so vivid and real, even if they just appear in passing. You expect them to step off the page and exist in their own right. I guess it's your superb, professionally trained eye for detail. You write in color, in shapes and sounds, it makes it so easy to visualize, I'm not kidding. There's also a whimsical feel to your writing, as though you to be part of the story yourself. These people are your friends and you are so kind to them, one feels safe in your stories because they are all so magical.

Secret canoodling spot though. I lol'ed at the other two being kicked out after Ethel whispered about the impressive jeweled codpiece in the 'dirty book'. An of course, after their hundredth date, they don't need it any more.

Beautiful story, Boo. I really enjoyed it- it left me with a goofy grin on my face.

Desktop Mode . Twitter . Help . Sign Up . Cookies . Privacy . Terms of Service