FanFiction.Net
for Begin Again

4/12/2016 c2 3IrishPrincess
I'm not usually a fan of AU stories, but I am truly enjoying this one! The premise is intriguing, and the deatailed descriptions are captivating. I look forward to reading more.
4/12/2016 c2 Guest
What a way to end the chapter! Ahh, the suspense! So Anne must have had her realization that she loved Gilbert all of these years ago... Poor Anne even has to drink whiskey now, it must have been bad. And the line where Anne only sees Will for a second and knows he's Gilbert's son. Ahh. I really don't want to like this story (but I do!) but I have to say since I read this story, I've been suffering from what I can only explain as "fictional depression" caused by reading a fictional story about already fictional characters who don't end up together. (I do feel rather silly for feeling this way but I've only started reading fanfiction earlier this year and completely by mistake so I'm still learning). I must be in the fictional denial stage where I can only think up different scenarios on how they can still find each other. Maybe Gilbert's wife has passed (poor Gilbert, but one obstacle gone) but he didn't remarry b/c he already married one woman he wasn't truly in love with and didn't want to do it again. Maybe Anne and Roy will have a terrible argument when Roy confesses he knew Anne always loved Gilbert and that's why she rejected his proposal the first time and Gilbert overhears. Did Anne calls out Gilbert's name in her sleep so Roy found out. Maybe Roy will be noble and let Anne be free to be with Gilbert. Ok, I will stop now and just read some of your other stories where Anne & Gilbert are happy, that will make me feel better. -) Or maybe if you already know how your story will end, and its not happy, you can write an alternative ending to your AU just for me. -).
4/12/2016 c2 Rose
I just re-read and now realise it is Gilbert, as Will is in uniform and this man is in a navy coat.
4/12/2016 c2 Rose
Good gracious this is thrilling...I cannot wait until the next chapter! What the hell happened in Bright River, is this man Gilbert or Will? Aagghhh!
4/12/2016 c2 19Alinyaalethia
I love the cosmic sympathy here. The fog is the perfect comment on not only how little Anne and Roy know about their daughter's fiancee, but also on the extent to which they will have to get to know her over again too, which you developed so beautifully in Anne's fantasy of returning her daughter to that innocent newness, the blank slate. There were other gems too, I'm liking very much the lilies leitmotif and the line about Dido dividing life into Before and After was gold. Lovely to that even this iteration of Anne is a dream of a mother. Of course she is, she mothers by instinct.
I'm looking forward to seeing more of Dido, really getting to know her. She feels very much like a younger Anne -less dreamy perhaps, but then she would be after the war -but still so enthusiastic, so in love with life. Presently I like her very much.
4/12/2016 c2 5rebeccathehistorian
So wait … Do Roy and Anne (or rather, Roy in this case) own two houses? I'm wondering because of the whole Gardner we and Kingsport we.

"'If this chap doesn't run in our circles, there's not much of a future for them, surely -'": *Snort* Roy, even if they don't run in the high society circles, there's still a future for them.

I love that Dido's full name is Diana Dorothy Gardner. I love the fact that when Dido was born/was named, Anne indirectly said to Roy, "Screw you. She's going to have Avonlea in her blood and in her name first."

"Dido whistles for which Royal vows to himself will be the last time": Roy, are you trying to smash the inside of your daughter to pieces?

"Were you looking for this, Mrs. Gardner?": Is it Gil? … Yes, it is Gil!
4/12/2016 c2 2Kim Blythe
What a lovely little thing to have Anne's daughter being nicknamed Dido ( not for the singer ) but for her two aunts, Diana and Dorothy...

So Anne had known from the very beginning they had recieved the letter of their daughter enforming them of the news that she was in love and wanting to marry with a young captain of the name of William Blythe... That this said Will Blythe was the son of the one and only Gilbert Blythe !

I find it funny that Roy had to ask her if they knew any Blythes in their cirlcle of friends and aquaintances...

I wonder, when Anne was reminiscing of the time when she was forty-three, thirty-three, twenty-three, was each time, a moment that she had said her good-byes to Gilbert ?

And now, if I did my counts right, Anne his fifty-three and once again, she comes face to face with Gilbert Blythe...

I do wonder where this ''Tash'' nickname comes from that Will kept on calling Dido of ?
4/12/2016 c2 Erika
You know I love everything you write, but this one will be hard for me. It almost hurts to imagine a world where Anne didn't end up with Gilbert.
4/12/2016 c2 Guest
Was so excited to see another chapter already, but what a cliffhanger to end it with! Absolutely dying in anticipation for ch. 3!
4/12/2016 c2 7DianaStorm09
This fic such a gem! Suffering from insomnia, I read this awesome chapter on my phone last night and can't stop smiling at the new story you are building here. You do such a great job portraying Anne as she still is the Anne, despite living in the big house with the staff and a life of "diamond sunbursts and marble halls". I love that she named her girl after her best friend, and I'm curious to see if there's any way that Diana and Anne have remained friends despite the different lives there were living. But I know this story is about so much more! The way you write Roy, thinking of what a great man he is to have and keep such a multifaceted wife (!), he reminds me of Cal from the 1997 Titanic movie, (not the violent sides, more the ignorant, snobbish, showoff side). The best part of this chapter was of course the meeting with Gilbert, I love how he doesn't come across bitter as he and Anne collide into one another. How I can't wait for the next chapter! Will you reveal the secret of William's maternity in that chapter (it's not like I'm not dying to know!)
4/12/2016 c2 7wishwars
I've been away from fanfiction for a bit, but when I saw this new story I knew I had to come back! I'm also finally getting to read your Windy Willows Love Letters, and I must say that reading them and then this latest chapter of Begin Again gave me a queer ache and a ridiculous sense of how wrong it is for her and Gilbert to not be together. Stop making me feel things! Just kidding, do that all the time. Though I am curious how their characters will interact and if your end goal is to make them friends or lovers. I couldn't tell if we were going to focus on Dido or Anne, but I will always be glad when you focus on Anne because you have an amazing way of capturing her mind and way of speaking in your narration. Even the way you set the scene is full of Anne and I will never tire of listening to you, listening to her write so beautifully.
I can't wait until the next chapter!
4/12/2016 c2 Guest
Sorry, not a fan of this. Anne and Gilbert forever!
4/11/2016 c1 Julie
Thanks! Great story! Can't wait to read more!
4/11/2016 c1 julie3113
I read this chapter early this morning, and it has haunted me all day. (Not great for my own work, but so it goes.) What an unsettled relationship you have begun to develop here. Such evocative images and details (hints of what will come, I presume?). I look forward to seeing the direction this story takes.
4/11/2016 c1 Katie of the bookcase
I'm following your writing for about a year now and since you always receive wonderful and more importantly true words from so many of your followers and readers I never thought I could add something to those words that could have been mine to you.
But now I have to tell you how much I admire your work and how impressed I am in which way you got over your doubts concerning writing an AU. There lie so many possibilities in this first chapter that I'm too tempted to think up all kinds of bends this road might take. There are so many questions coming up when reading this first chapter: What kind of writer is Anne? What made her so successful? Is she the Charlotte E. Morgan of her generation? Is her daughter much like her or a mixture of her ancestors? And of course what kind of Blythe senior and junior are you planning on making us readers fall in love with?!
Thank you for thinking up your first own AU. I'm waiting patiently for the next chapter. No, that was one of the biggest lies in my life. I cannot wait to read the next!
207 « Prev Page 1 .. 3 10 11 12 13 14 Next »