FanFiction.Net
for The Futile Facade

6/19/2022 c6 Chiara
I cant wait for Riddle to find out, that his precious little perfect pureblood boy isnt a pureblood and eben lese a boy. That will be hopefully hilarious for us Readers and with a happy end for Harry and archie
6/13/2022 c14 Hoseoko
LEO KNOWS OMG
6/13/2022 c13 Hoseoko
I’ve been waiting for the initial breaking point through each book before this and to finally have it happen is amazing to read. I can’t wait to see the domino effect to topple the spiderweb of lies harry has spun herself in
6/8/2022 c8 tinyhands55
I was just raving about this series (I’ve been devouring it every free moment I have) to my friend and she told me there’s a FanFiction app, so here I am, leaving my first review! I have gotten so much joy from this, thank you so so so much for writing it and sharing with us. I can’t believe I am lucky enough to have found a fantastic fanfic combining my two favorite comfort reads
5/22/2022 c14 AudiArcher
I think I figured out the fade. In the first book Draco (I think) was discussing the origins of wizards and said that all magic used to be wild magic until wizards started binding magic and magical gifts to themselves and their bloodlines. And then we have Harry’s magic, which seems so wild and willful. Leo and his mom who treat their magic as its own entity. And Harry’s ability to jump into other peoples cores, almost like Harry’s magic is recognized by other peoples cores as natural wild magic, which the cores are programmed to absorb. So I think the fade is caused by inbreeding years of stifling control to cause the semi-sentient wild magic to buck its hold and refused to be shoved into such a constricting, over-refined processor.
5/20/2022 c2 Guest
I love the letters from Archie, I love reading about Harry ticking Caelum off, I love it all.
5/20/2022 c2 AudiArcher
THIS REVIEW HAS SPOILERS.
So I’m reading this again for the third time and I just examined my internal response. I thought I’d share.
OMG IM SO EXCITED. I CANT WAIT FOR HARRY AND CAELUM TO MAKE THAT POTION TOGET- OMG I CANT WAIT FOR THE FREE DUELING TOURNA- OMG I CANT WAIT FOR FREE BREWI- OMG I CANT WAIT FOR ANIMA- OMG I CANT WAIT FOR THE YULE- OMG I CANT WAIT FOR THE HERMIONE’S REVENGE DUE- OMG I CANT WAIT FOR UNBREAKABLE V- OMG I CANT WAIT FORJSSUDDUSDBAIAIUGDVBS. SNJSHSGVABAKKBS SNISSISVS SN KSSKISSHSBHDYITNESJKDNN DMKDKOEEJDVDBSJDJJ
that’s me short-circuiting.
5/3/2022 c15 2BladesoftheValkyrie
I LOVE THIS SO MUCH WOW
4/25/2022 c14 Hetc
This is amazing.
I have read through the RB stories so far and I am in awe of your talent and imagination. Epic, cinematic, engaging- you are a stunning writer, & I'm grateful for your generosity in sharing your imagination with the world. I've been very lax about reviewing as deserved, because the next chapter calls me.

( I'd wondered what would happen with Harry's beloved boots as they were regularly mentioned, then you vanished them, but they were Chekhov's gun after all!)
Thanks for writing.
4/11/2022 c15 13Pandamega
Ohhh h my God. I cried and I reveled, what an incredible ride. Thank you for sharing this with us. I cannot wait to keep reading!
4/11/2022 c10 Pandamega
Okay okay picturing snapes face as "Harriet Potter" appears with bazooka boobs is absolutely killing me! There are so many layers to how hilarious Archie is like this. I'm only sad for Archie and Hermione. Archie should tell her that hes secretly a metamorphmagis so gender /sex doesn't matter, but it doesn't work for their ruse in continuity. I hope they figure something out there.
4/11/2022 c10 Pandamega
The snake is so wonderful. I love animals and reptiles so I'm always charmed and delighted when fics give Harry a snake friend. I always have so much sympathy for the basilisk and I'm always sad and disappointed when Harry kills it in fics and in Canon, but I really appreciate how you never fail to add compassion for sentient animals despite their fates. I was hoping Harry's parseltongue would extend partially to dragons too , I've only seen this in one other fic, though it is pretty overpowered. I love how you've built up tree slider as a character with a personality and not just a convenient plot tool. I hope to see more animals in this storyno pressure though, you just do a nice job of being considerate of them.
4/11/2022 c9 Pandamega
I've figured it out. All this time I was wondering why you would post this fic in ff and not ao3 when the reason is obvious. You're an industry plant. You've been selected to upturn the fanfiction community by posting a fic so good, so irresistible, so addicting, that you singlehandedly revive ff from its stagnation and cause turmoil in the community while readers across the world revive accounts that haven't seen the light of day since 2012. Just kidding, but seriously, I had no idea people still posted here much less such huge works of fiction. I have to thank you for that as I was running out of material to read on ao3!
4/10/2022 c7 Pandamega
I was hoping and hoping the last few chapters that Harry/rigel would switch places with Archie and enter the tournament as herself, half blood Harry Potter. As this possibility became less and less likely I told myself that if you did not make this happen, you'd have a good reason. You did not disappoint! Time and time again I predict or hope for something to happen that does not but I am never disappointed because you always have a good reason which I hadn't considered or a better alternative. I truly commend you for such cleverness and ingenuity as a a writer. I'm absolutely obsessed with this series so far. I love how your tone of language is a little hightened/antiquated, it lends a sense of archaic nobility to the pureblood characters and cultures that is distinguish and enjoyable to read aesthetically, while also conveying a kind of exclusivity and cultural pride. I gather I'm not alone in having been skeptical of this story's premisea genderbent HP, but you have truly elevated this genre above superficial concepts of gender issues. I've read many Harry Potter rewrites on AO3 and have found that he tends to become quite an OC as he developes differently than the original character and this does not bother me at all. In all honestly I find the original character of Harry Potter to be a little bit unexceptional, which I suppose is part of his everyman appeal. While there have been many times when Rigels skills, behaviors, and decisions stretched the limits of believable precociousness, it's not so impossible that it's not still enjoyable to read, and I remember often thinking how underestimated I was at that age too. It's also well balanced, as Rigel does not behave overgrown in all areas, and I appreciate that she has a rather underdeveloped sense of romance and sexuality. This is often quite a turn off for me with hp fanfiction as I cannot comfortably believe a 12 year old having sexual interests. That being said, I do enjoy the harem of beautiful older men you have constructed around herdon't think we haven't noticed! It did disturb me at first to think of 16-18 year olds having an interest in a 12 year old but it's not completely unbelievable. I did (very innocently) date an 18 year old when I was 14 in high school and I suppose if the school had younger students around it wouldn't be impossible for older students to at least have a passing interest in someone younger, though anything sexual would still be disturbing in my opinion. You've done a good job so far or carefully navigating such a delicate age group. So much changes in the four short years between 12 and 16 yet a 4 year age gap in itself is nothing unusual, making that time of adolescence as confusing and volatile as it often is. Anyway, I must keep reading! I'm excited to read the rest of this exceptional work and I just want to add that I hope you feel no pressure from your readers. (I know it's impossible not to), as a writer I understand the pressure and know how at a point it can become prohibitive to continuing to write. I hope it never gets that bad for you. We understand the demands of the real world. Every contribution to make to fanfiction is a public service, it's a gift that we receive for free from your hard work, and our appreciation can never be understated. You have no obligation to us, no contact or payroll or anything else binding you to share your work with us, yet you do it all the same. So it doesn't matter if it takes you months to update, every update is a gift, and no one has the right to make demands of you. Thank you so much for sharing this incredible work. Might I recommend you bring it to AO3? I didn't even realize people still used this site, I'm sure you will receive many more excited readers if you publish there!
3/21/2022 c12 Efloresco
As someone who has experience with drugs. That was immersive.
5,259 « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »