for ignis fatuus

8/6/2018 c1 42AshenMoon42
Woo! Johanna! This has the really cool effect of the commentary between scenes and i think youve really made that work. This is a great way of imagining Johanna's games.
5/25/2017 c1 132rebecca-in-blue
Wow, this is so well-done. You way you shift between Caesar's commentary and all the different tributes in the arena makes it a real nail-biter. I think you do a good job at characterizing the several OCs and getting readers invested in them, and you write Caesar so well, too. His over-the-top reactions and appearances are good comedic relief, just like they always were in canon. And I loved the ending - totally didn't see it coming! Even though the way you described her fits with her canon backstory, your plot and writing was clever enough to divert my attention elsewhere and not pick up on the little clues.
12/25/2016 c1 Guest
A truly magnificent 'Games! I did find myself rooting for Athena towards the end, but her death beautifully ushered in the end. I'd love to see Caesar's reaction to this turn of events!
7/31/2016 c1 four-legged clover
Ooh, this is really cool! I love the changing POVs, how it'll start with a neutral-omniscient, and then switch to the commentators, and then back to the tributes. I totally missed that tree-girl was Johanna, and then I figured it out right before the end when she threw the axe, and I was like 'oh. duh.'

The characters in this were really well-developed, and the Careers seemed... very careers-y?

SPaG: In the last sentence, there should be a comma after congratulations.

So yup, this was really nice! I enjoyed reading it, and I'd be happy to read more about some of the other victors like Johanna. This was a cool format.

prize review 1/4 (finally got around to it!)
5/1/2016 c1 29dreams and desperation
Ooh, I love the twist at the end!

Desktop Mode . Twitter . Help . Sign Up . Cookies . Privacy . Terms of Service