for Beyond the Portal

6/3/2019 c35 JDMichelle2626
Definitely enjoyed reading your story kinda disappointed that it wasn't an illusion by magnus that Layla was dead but I'm a sucker for a happy ending.
12/17/2016 c35 Northgalus2002
Well, you wrapped this up in style. On one hand, we see the events of "Not What He Seems" as Stan is pleading with Mabel not to push the fail-safe button on the portal while Dipper yells at his twin to push it. Then Mabel, precious cinnamon roll that she is, decides to trust her Grunkle and allow the portal to open.

Then on the other side, we see Ford about to kill Bill and stop his reign of terror. But then the portal opens and Ford is brought back to our world. No wonder Ford's first act in the real world was to kayo Stan!

Great story, I look forward to seeing how you wrap up "After Cipher's Reign".
12/14/2016 c2 Guest
I love your story but you made at least one HUGE mistake: Shermy Pines is actually Stan and Ford's YOUNGER brother. Don't believe me? Go watch the episode "A Tale of Two Stans" and you can see shermy as a baby.
12/1/2016 c28 Gaffes
Noooo! Rest in peace mighty oak, I hope she's in a better place
9/18/2016 c35 8Battleangel911
This was a really great story! I'm looking forward to reading the next one you're writing.
9/18/2016 c34 Northgalus2002
Wow, while Stan is in California to witness the birth of Dipper and Mabel Ford is still slogging through the dimensional universe and he has grown hard and bitter and he had just killed a guy who had tried to rob him of his possessions.

While Ford continues to journey, he reads more of Magum's journal and how he had used Layla in more ways than one. So much so that Ford has difficulty reading it.

Then Ford has the bad luck to encounter someone intent on getting Bill's bounty on Ford, it's a good thing Ford had that infinity die with him.

But after he escapes, he is back in Dimension 52 (where he met Layla) and he is left with his grief again.

How much longer is it going to be before the portal is opened? How are you going to portray it? I remember the end of "Not What He Seems" where the seconds tick toward the portal's opening, Dipper (feeling hurt and betrayed by Stan's double life) is urging Mabel to push the fail-safe button (what she is hanging on to) but Mabel (in the last five seconds) floats up from the button saying "Grunkle Stan, I trust you". That is one of the best moments of the series, I think.

In the follow-up episode ("A Tale of Two Stans) Dipper and Mabel hear the whole story about the disappearance of Ford (and the reasons for Stan's double life) and Dip apologizes to Stan for not believing him ("It's OK, kid" Stan replies, "I wouldn't have believed me either.")
9/13/2016 c33 Northgalus2002
This chapter was downright sweet, after the previous one where Ford sets out to build his gun to take down Bill and/or Magum. It's the 90's (1999 to be exact) and Stan is stewing over his inability to find those other two journals and open that portal. But then his nephew invites him to witness the birth of their daughter, Mabel. But, when Stan gets there, he finds (along with everyone else) that his nephew's wife, Katherine, is actually carrying twins!

I liked the part where Mabel socks the doc in the jaw after she gets slapped on the bum (go Mabel!), but shared their dismay when Mason (aka Dipper) is born with the umbilical cord around his neck. But the doctors are able to revive him.

I was glad that Stan was their to hold his grand niece and nephew, before handing them off to his brother, Shermie. Before he does he thinks that they will have each other and they wouldn't make the mistakes he and Ford made.

I was glad that Stan had his birth moment with the two that would finally open his heart and ultimately enable him to open that portal.

On to the next chapter.
9/13/2016 c33 Battleangel911
Nice chapter. But, it brings up the question of the rest of the family knowing Stan's secret. His nephew knows about the shack and knows his alias, Mr. Mystery. Is this different than the show, because I thought no one was supposed to know it was Stanley since he faked his death. Anyway, nice job. I liked this chapter.
9/9/2016 c32 182Luiz4200
Is this the alternate dimension from the defictionalized Journal 3?
9/9/2016 c32 8Battleangel911
This was a great chapter. I thought Dr. Bartek would have been good in the alternative dimension, but I guess not! I'm not surprised that the Ford from the alternative dimension would be arrogant. It seems you need to suffer somehow in order to become humble. It would be interesting to see what the other Ford is like; have him in the story somehow.

Waiting to read more!
8/31/2016 c31 Northgalus2002
Wow, I feel so bad for Ford here. He is all alone in this dimension, with only one thought in his mind. To kill Bill and Magum.

He is carrying Magum's journal and has found that Bill and Magum had killed the other demons in their realm and desire more power.

Ford then falls asleep and is visited by Bill who tells him that he and Magum didn't kill their rivals per se, but transferred their energy into them. That these demons are still physically alive, but are begging to be released from their torment. Ford then demands to know why Magum (who used to be Bill's friend) let Bill take the blame for their crimes, and wanted to know who took away Bill's physical form. But Bill just leaves him (leaving a blue trail in his wake) leaving Ford to resume wandering alone without Layla, and without his twin.

I can only imagine how you intend to wrap up this story to coincide with "After Cipher's Reign" and how you intend to portray Ford coming out of that portal (like in "Not What He Seems").

Update soon.
8/25/2016 c30 Battleangel911
Okay, sometimes I come to the end of the chapter and can't think of what to say for a review. Having said that, I've really enjoyed this story. I was sad for what happened to Layla, but somehow I feel worse for Ford, because now he's all alone. He always has to deal with some crap happening to him! Now he has two demons to deal with. I know how it ends with Bill, but I hope he takes the other one out! I hope to read more soon...
8/25/2016 c30 Northgalus2002
Poor Ford! He had lost Layla and he is beside himself over losing his friend and lover. As he muses that he had been willing to make a deal with Magum to save her life and Layla made the ultimate sacrifice for him anyway. Ford is left to carry on.

Then Ford dreams that Bill approaches him and Bill (who's a dream demon after all) tells him that he can visit Stan in his dreams and that he has plans for Ford's family.

One thing is for sure, Ford is royally pissed and Bill and Magum had better watch their backs!

This chapter was short, but a good one. I am interested to see how you wrap this up.
8/25/2016 c30 5SkyeHendersen
ej
8/18/2016 c29 Northgalus2002
Poor Stan. He's going through his first winter in Gravity Falls, and he's no closer to opening the portal than when he started! While walking through town he has a panic attack and faints. He awakens to find Manly Dan has taken him to the Mystery Shack.

Once Dan leaves, Stan looks back on the fight he and Ford had (with Ford falling through that portal), and how he had always thought Ford was destined for greatness while he, Stan, was the family screw-up.

Then Stan goes down to work on the portal again. And so it goes.
102 Page 1 2 3 4 .. Last Next »