for Dancing On Hedgerows

10/17/2018 c8 Jessi
I love that you picked up the story again and I'm hoping to read the new chapter soon. I love the story.
10/17/2018 c1 Yay
Really like this story. Think you mean ‘Covent Garden’ though :)
10/16/2018 c8 DaisyG
Best chapter yet!
10/16/2018 c8 2EmlynMara
Mr. Collins may not be the most charming and desirable of men, but he is in no way deserving of the treatment he is receiving. And if he is receiving this type of treatment, what then is Jane enduring? I cannot believe she has learned so well her lessons that she is never needful of correction.

Mr. Collins Sr. is a vicious man. I do not envy Jane her life. It is too bad her uncles did not try harder to free her from the man who is now her husband.
10/16/2018 c8 Lynned13
Did they find her hiding, what happened to make her run?
Mr Collins SR is evil, how poor Jane has put up with him is beyond me, although I don't expect she had much choice.
Think Mary will come to look after Collins.
Brilliant chapter, can't wait for more X
10/16/2018 c8 Another Lizzie
Sympathy for Collins what a concept. Well done. Very good job of sustaining suspense. I'm all a twitter, what could have happened to Elizabeth.
10/16/2018 c8 Oddybobo
Mary!
10/16/2018 c8 Guest
Mary will come to nurse young Mr. Collins.
10/16/2018 c8 Deanna27
oh that despicable man! I wonder if Miss Mary will come and be his angel?!
10/16/2018 c8 EngLitLover
Really intense chapter, really hard to read. Obvious why Elizabeth ran away and why he uncle couldn't keep her.
10/16/2018 c8 Elli
Thank you for this captivating story, I look forward to your next update
10/16/2018 c8 JIM DOHERTY
Speaking as a cop of 20 years experience, and as something of a police historian, as well, I think, if the only reference you're going to make to them is an off-hand reference to the "Famous Fielding Brothers," you could do just as well, and avoid the anachronism, if you simply said "the famous Bow Street Runners."

In fact, John Fielding's being the hero of a series of historical mystery novels notwithstanding, and both the Fieldings being featured in a TV series (CITY OF VICE) also notwithstanding, the magistrates at Bow Street actually did very little hands-on investigating. That's what they employed their Principal Officers (the "Runners") to do, and this was particularly the case by the time your novel is set.
10/16/2018 c8 Guest
This is an excellent story and variations. Thank you for sharing!
10/16/2018 c8 Noorsmum
OMG... and then what happened?!
10/16/2018 c8 Guest
My goodness; never in my reading of JAFF have I ever felt so much good will and sympathy for Mr. Collins! Typically, I prefer the more lighthearted AUs but I must say, this story is compelling in its own right. Well done!
963 « Prev Page 1 .. 45 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 .. Last Next »