FanFiction.Net
for Dancing On Hedgerows

9/5/2017 c4 2EmlynMara
Absolutely compellingly fascinating.

Jane's fate is tragic, yet she has grown strong and become who she needs to be.

I can't wait to find out what has happened and what is going on.

Darcy himself seems to have been altered by his encounter with her.

And I like your Mary. Brilliant conversation at the Assembly.
9/5/2017 c4 1Regency1914
Did either Mr. Collins assault our dear girl? If so, I wish him a very painful...
9/5/2017 c3 Regency1914
William Collins was bad enough, but to be married to his father. Yuck! Poor Jane.
9/5/2017 c1 Regency1914
Is Miss Bernard really Elizabeth Bennet? She's an actress? She did find her way in the world. And it is 'all a stage.'
9/4/2017 c4 Jansfamily4
Wonderfully done! Our little Lizzy has grown up. I wonder if she is in touch with any of her sisters. But Darcy recognized Mary's eyes didn't he?
Intrigue indeed. Well, done. Our questions are still not answered. Aunt and Uncle Gardiner? What happened there? Why is she away from her sisters? Seems like she could have married someone from around the neighborhood.
9/4/2017 c2 Jansfamily4
You sure do have a different plot in your story. I really like it. But POOR Jane! How could you do this to our poor girl? I hope she will get a HEA and the rest of our cast of characters will too.
9/3/2017 c4 Guest
Will we learn more of what happened to Elizabeth to be turned out by the Gardiners?
9/3/2017 c1 1mrnon
Blueyedraksha Mrs. Bennet and baby both died during the birth, 5 years after Lydia is born. Mr. Bennet dies a year and some months later. Jane marries Mr. Collins SR after a mourning period. She is 16, and he is 50. Yes, an extremely creepy match, but far from unheard of in the time we are working within. The remaining unmarried Bennet sisters are Mary, Kitty, and Lydia. Technically Kitty and Lydia are not AT Longborn because they've been sent away to school, however they are dependents of the estate. I hope this clears things up a bit! Jane's situation would clearly be viewed as pedophilia now, but in Austen's time it would be considered an unhappy necessity.

Been loving seeing all these reviews guys! I appreciate the feedback and am so happy you are all caught up in the intrigue! Definitely helps keep the creativity flowing
9/3/2017 c3 1Blueyedraksha
So Mrs Bennet died in child birth when Lydia was 5. You said there was 3 Bennet siblings left unmarried at Longbourn in one chapter. Lizzy is gone and in another chapter you said the son William Collins married her youngest sister. So I'm a little confused did I read something wrong? I assumed you were sayin Lydia (12/13) was married to William. Which means Mary, Kitty, and another child (7/8) are still there. Did the last Bennet child survive when the mother didn't? Obviously it would have been a girl or Jane wouldn't have had to marry Collins at 16. But Collins marrying 7/8 year old and not Lydia is disgusting.
9/2/2017 c4 Clara84
How intriguing!

Like others, I'm curious what resulted in Elizabeth's reputation being sullied. Clearly, this is not the kind Mr. Gardiner of many JAFFs. Whatever occurred either (a) to send Elizabeth to London or (b) to have her ejected from the Gardiner home, it's clear the family secret is known to Mary and closely guarded.

You've also have a reunion between Darcy and Elizabeth is coming up. Perhaps we'll see her back in Hertfordshire? (Mr. Collins is getting up there in years, and Bingley's clearly taken with Jane . . . .)

I hope you'll be able to continue on a more regular basis - although it's also a treat to see an old story come back around.
9/2/2017 c4 Daisydawn82
Happy to see your return! Can't wait for more :) thank you
9/2/2017 c4 Guest
I love this! The premise is wonderful, the execution great - I cannot wait to see what happens.
9/2/2017 c4 LoveInTheBattleField
Great story, please updated next chapter quickly!
9/2/2017 c4 Guest
Very interesting as it is a unique story. I really like that Mary has some personality and is similar to Lizzy even though it is years since they were last together. Just wondering if Jane and Collins have any children as they have been married for nearly 10 years? looking forward to more
9/2/2017 c4 biancaruth
This is such an interesting story. I'm so glad you've decided to start it up again.
965 « Prev Page 1 .. 51 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 .. Last Next »