for Sleeping Gods

2/21 c3 3Marcellasnow231
If I recall correctly in British culture some of their humour come from understatement. And a stiff upper mouth man seem to be one of their stereotypes. Harry doesn't seem to fit these things, but give him some pumpkin scones, some hot tea and he'll curl up happily beside a warm fireplace if given the opportunity.

If there's any British titan around the block I'd love to see this stereotype transferred to him. It would be hilarious to see his lack of reaction to the antics Harry and his buddies get up to on a daily basis.
4/6/2019 c3 KKarate
Please keep writing!
3/28/2019 c1 KKarate
Great job! Love your writing skills and detail!
(Sorry, I can only vote on my phone.)
3/11/2019 c3 KrisB-71854
If you really want to do a HP cross without magic, you've got 3 choices that would make perfect sense: Dudley, Vernon, or Petunia.

Come on, the only reason that you are using Harry as name and physical description is to pull in readers. Especially since you state that you are going to not let him have magic. I get annoyed at those sorts of fics. Harry had a good life saved the nation. Why would he be dragged into this hell? Nope, he wouldn't. Now, any of the Dursleys being stuck in that hell hole and needing to quickly adapt would be a grand read. Heck, even Marge would be fun.

Dudley is the only one that might become a hero. You've barely got a prolog going. Change it to someone that doesn't really have magic at all. You could actually make him a squib able to see magical ghosts. That could be fun freaking his Ghost out by encountering magical ghosts.
1/15/2019 c3 enji-benjy
I'm curious as to why this is listed as a Harry Potter crossover? Apart from the colour of his eyes and hair (which could be anyone, really) and a couple of names there is nothing else from the HP-verse here. You even state in the AN at the end of chapter he won't have magic, so I really don't see the point. Harry doesn't even have his memories.
1/3/2019 c3 Hollydoor
Name: Ysmer Wolfhëlm

Race: human

Gender (optional): female

Appearance: wait length braided crimson hair, orangish red eyes, taned, bout 6 ft. The painted x warpaint ( off white/cream)

Class: hunter

Equipment: weapons; origin story, sunshot, hard light(for element based shields or enemy's), quickfang.
Armor; the entirety of the solstice (resplendent) gear for ceremony or holidays. But uses; errant knight helm, errant knight arms, road complex chest, Orpheus rigs legs, omega machanos cloak
Shader: blue geomitry

Subclass: nightstalker

Ghost: named; Ghest. Shell; skyfire north
Shader: blue geometry/ vanguard Magnus gloss
Revive: mirror

Ship (optional): curuleen flash
Shader; vanguard Magnus gloss

Fight style (optional): martial arts expert of many styles. So when she gets up close and personal she can finish you off with ease.

Faction (optional): none

Summary/Story: She remembers her life all the way to her first death. She was raised in the Scottish highlands, eons before the golden age. Was apart of special forces. She chose to stay hidden away in the whilds for a few centuries when she was freshly risen. The two guardians that eventually became her fireteam is what drew her to the tower in the first place. If it wasnt for them she would still be roughing it out in the wilds. She makes it a habbit to tame wolfs, most think it's a byproduct of being or once being an iron Lord. But in reality it's because She has a very pack oriented mindset. She gave up the tittle of Lord long ago. She loves taking weapons apart and rebuilding them, even reverse engineering golden tech. She will do anything for her pack. She's also rediculisly protective of children, doesn't matter what race. She actually managed to adopt a fallen baby. Will maim fellow guardians if they threaten her little pup.

Sorry for how choppy the summery is. It's all in my head but I've never had to write her or her fire team down before.
Should I give you the members of her fire team too?
1/3/2019 c1 Hollydoor
So is he potter but with old voldy's fears of death?
12/28/2018 c3 11Vangran
Name: Vorn-19
Race: Exo
Gender: Male
Appearance: Black Exo with visor shadowing eyes, Red eyes and red mouth color when talking.
Class: Hunter
Equipment: Insight Rover Armor with Graviton Forfeit Helm. Default shading. Better Devil Handcannon
Subclass: Way of the Outlaw
Ghost name: Shadow
Ghost shell: Dark Days Shell
Ship: Infected Seeker
Summary/Story: A remnant of the Golden Age revived by his Ghost, named Shadow, Vorn-19 is a hard man to get a hold of. After being resurrected, he found himself being attacked by Fallen, and with a bit of ingenuity he managed to take them all out. It wasn't easy, as his only weapon was a rifle his Ghost found lying abandoned nearby that broke after all was said and done. They made it to the Last City after many days of trekking, as there were no ships nearby to scavenge. Fortunately they weren't THAT far away, although getting past the main gate proved a challenge as he was newly Risen.

The welcome he got was surprising, and Cayde-6 seemed to know him but Vorn-19's memory had not returned, and likely wouldn't at this point, so the opposite couldn't be said. After a trial run, the Vanguard began to welcome him in, although he like many Hunters kept to themselves, and soon after acquiring his own ship he was off setting up his own safe house far from the City.

He rarely visited, and usually only because Cayde-6 called him to a meeting. But, while he was rough around the edges, he genuinely did care about his fellow Guardians enough that when one was in need and knew there was no way for anyone else to get there in time he'd get in his ship and go.
12/28/2018 c2 1le jinnxy
I like your unconventional following of how the Guardian meets the ghost and the dialogue between them. The way you stick to his original personality- a curious, stupidly courageous boy- is on top.
12/28/2018 c1 le jinnxy
Your writing style is amazing. I can vividly picture what is going on and I'm not lost on what's going on. I absolutely adore the Destiny franchise and it's lore as well as Harry Potter, so I'll be keeping an eye on this fanfic!
12/28/2018 c3 Hopeful
I wonder though ..instead if him using magic...what about him just figuring out how to use light to do the effect of magic...or at least some if the spells...would make him almost a new class of guardian if you went that way with him
12/11/2018 c2 2kite the slakoth
I absolutely adore the story.

Would love to see more.
9/6/2018 c2 Guest
It's easy to see why this was dropped...

You need to differentiate what makes Wizarding Magic DIFFERENT compared to Traveler Magic if that's what you were going for!
8/20/2018 c2 3Marcellasnow231
If you want to get Harry Potter's character correct, the first thing to take in mind is BRITISH colloquialism and slang. That's the thing that give him his flare.

"Bloody fuck!", referring to being drunk as pissed and vomiting as honking, chuffed as slang for happy and so many others. And of course he would refer to non-guardian as muggles and to himself as a wizard.
7/22/2018 c2 2TheFauxWriter
Really good start, can't wait to see where this goes.
29 Page 1 2 Next »