FanFiction.Net
for The Life-Long Curse

1/3/2017 c1 204DolbyDigital
This was so bittersweet; I loved it! I really liked that you wrote this in second person — I thought it worked really well here, and I liked that we got to see more on what Fawkes was thinking than we would have otherwise.

This was really well written, too (the only mistakes I noticed were [you know that you wizard], which should probably be [your wizard], and I think, when talking about the Order of the Phoenix, [order] should be capitalised). I also really loved how you showed the differences between Harry and Voldemort through Fawkes’ eyes, and how they still both ended the same, in a way — with war and death.

This was really beautiful to read :)
12/30/2016 c1 117TerraZeal
I love Fawkes. I wish he'd had more page-time. I would love to know more about phoenixes in Harry Potter. Fawkes seems like far more than just a powerful, magic intelligent bird. It would have been interesting if they'd made him sentient, like centaurs or merpeople.
5/31/2016 c1 445NeonDomino
Awww poor Fawkes D: D:
I hate that he's stuck with immortality, yet he's lost everyone that matters to him and he's all alone. Great writing :D
5/29/2016 c1 36RawMateriel
IS THERE NO REPRIEVE?! bring me the bird. Now give me a hug. Now give the bird a hug. So many phoelings beautifully expressed, leaving me with a bunch of phoelings that I can't express at on! Go Wanderers!
5/27/2016 c1 31SashaLikaMusica
Love Fawkes thinking that Voldemort's wish to be immortal is foolish. Cool irony there. :)

Good luck this round!
5/26/2016 c1 75lannistersdebt
All I can say is that I seriously love this.
5/26/2016 c1 98Queen Bookworm the First
Great story! It characterizes Fawkes perfectly. You described the life of a phoenix very well.
5/26/2016 c1 2roon0
So sad, so brilliant. Wonderful stuff.
5/26/2016 c1 Slytherin66
This was good I liked the insight into Fawkes. I often wondered why he remained with Dumbledore given all the things he did in the name of the greater good.

Disappointment was nice to include as wand users would be disappointing for many magical beings.
5/25/2016 c1 Guest
Beautiful, poetic, sad, eternal. Very well done.
5/25/2016 c1 4twztdwildcat
That's heartbreaking but sooo good. Thank you for sharing!
5/25/2016 c1 5halfbloodmalfoyy
wow, amazing ficlet. never thought of Voldemort from Fawkes POV. so good.