for The Most Terrific Fun

6/14/2016 c1 Guest
New reader here! Love Sybil and Tom stories and yours are among the very best. This was sweet and very amusing in places. Love the idea of them both being virgins - probably quite likely actually. Such lovely long story and so well written. More of your stuff - please!
6/11/2016 c1 15erinsgirl
Loved this story and your characterization of Sybil and Tom is brilliant. Sybil is her cheerful, open-minded, rebellious, daring self. I like the past you give Tom as well. It differs from a lot of versions but I think it's just as accurate especially given his pride of his Catholicism (and the phrase there was no sex in Ireland until the Late Late). Tom's a charmer not a player. Even after Sybil's death there's nothing to indicate anything in his character that skews towards casual sex (the Edna thing doesn't count). I think that aspect which is unusual in the fanon is actually very in keeping with the show's versions. Tom and Sybil are very progressive and open-minded but both feel strongly and aren't one for casual attachments or encounters.

In summary I loved this. More please.
6/9/2016 c1 Jinty
Never bought into the idea that Tom would have had bags of experience pre Sybil and would have been an accomplished lover. He was Catholic and this was early 20th century Ireland/UK where contraception was expensive and not freely available to a man/boy of his means. So I think both of them being virgins would have been highly likely and in their case appropriate as they start their marriage as equals - as indeed you have Sybil saying in your beautiful story. Of course they would have gone on to have a great and active sex life - they are the Bransons and they would have discovered all the joys together. This though is a fine piece of writing, really adored it. Your love for both characters shines throughout and the whole story was enlivened by some marvellous humour and wonderful turn of phrases. You should feel proud of yourself for writing something so fine.
6/8/2016 c1 Guest
This was the most terrific read! Thank you so much for writing such an epic story!
6/8/2016 c1 tammyteresa64
Awesome perfection! Loved it and loved how long it was. I love your humor and laughed several times. Loved the words you used which reminded me of things in the show. This fic was the most terrific fun as well. I agree with the other reviewers. Thanks for keeping on writing. Love your fics. Very romantic and realistic. You make me want to visit Ireland even more. When if I do I am going to stay a month and go to the place you and other writers have mentioned.
6/7/2016 c1 Downton lover
What a marvellous piece of writing! Absolutely loved it. Marvellous dialogue between Sybil and Tom and I think you captured the absolute essence of both characters. This is essential reading for shippers of these two and one of your best pieces of work.
6/7/2016 c1 Guest
This was beyond wonderful - so wonderful that it almost made me cry. There are not enough Branson wedding / honeymoon fics and then you produce this total gem. I actually think Tom would have been pretty inexperienced in the bedroom department and the picture you paint would have been far more likely than some of the Tom super stud fics that one is always reading. This fic is going in my all time favourite file of stories to keep and cherish. Just brilliant, full of warmth and humour. Great ending!
6/8/2016 c1 18The Irish Chauffeur
A delightful rendition this. The setting was excellently done as was the interaction between the newlyweds. A novel idea to have Tom just as inexperienced as Sybil but it is clear that they got the hang of things. Practice makes perfect and given what was going on at the Lodge in this offering, I must assume that perfection was achieved before they wended their way back to Dublin.

The touches of local detail were deftly achieved and anchored the story firmly in and around Killiney Hill. I must confess to being surprised by your Author's Note that the Lodge as named is your own creation - it seemed so real - so I assume it was based on other local properties.

Terrific fun all round!
6/7/2016 c1 CSI Mentalist Fan
This was so good and it felt really in character to me. You did a terrific job on the dialogue between the two of them, especially Sybil.