for The Herald of the Bonfire

3/3/2017 c7 SolaireofAstora
Hopefully the next chapter won't be as long as long awaited as the previous ones,my ass
3/3/2017 c5 SolaireofAstora
immortality is useless if u became a punching bag instead of becaming a unstoppable killing machine
3/3/2017 c2 SolaireofAstora
hate that indian the sun!
9/24/2016 c7 12SeththeGreat
I'm curious as to how you'll have him upgrade his stock of armor in the future.
9/23/2016 c7 9FablePsycho
This chapter...is just beautiful. I wish I knew what more to say, but your depiction of the characters is just spot on, and told in a way no one else has bothered to. Really, just well done.
9/5/2016 c6 FablePsycho
Is the current monarch still alive, or has he failed? Is the newcomer the new undead, or a character we already know? Please update soon, I really want to know.
9/4/2016 c6 12SeththeGreat
It's good to have you back, and with a good chapter as well. I feel like you could explain why you were absent for so long, you told me why in a PM and it was not your fault.

Something I really like about your writing style is how even though the characters have names (barring the Firekeepers) they are referred to by a title. The Herald (Shanalotte), The Knight (Crestfallen Saulden), the Blacksmith (Leiningrast).

The only time anyone's name is said explicitly is during a character's dialogue. It's neat.
8/16/2016 c5 thetempguy02
I'd like to congratulate you on breathing much needed life into the world of Dark Souls 2 as well as adding a wonderful amount of depth and context to the characters who suffer a woeful lack thereof. Thank you for writing what you have so far, and I sincerely hope you find the will to continue!
7/28/2016 c4 Charles506
Well done! One always wonders how the various NPC's arrive at such locations, be it Firelink Shrine, or Majula. This is a nice little bit of narrative here, quite enjoyable.
7/21/2016 c5 SeththeGreat
Wow, this chapter is much better than I imagined it would be from the way you described it to me in the PM.

This chapter showed something that I think Dark Souls 2 did better than DS1, and that's showing the process of hollowing.

In DS2 hollowing is shown as being very akin to Alzheimer's. Hollowing causes a person to lose a bit of themselves, as does Alzheimer's. You lose what are essentially things that make you the person that you are. You're personality, your memories, you're feelings. It all fades away until you're just a shell of your former self.

That's shown with the woman. With the man it's shown how the people close to somebody with the Curse are affected. They can only watch as their loved one loses themselves.

This chapter had a lot of emotional weight to it, and I give you props for that.
7/19/2016 c5 9FablePsycho
Magnificent, how grossly incandescent this chapter was. To know the true toll of the curse, and feel hope when someone has done the near impossible. Well done on another great chapter.
7/18/2016 c4 FablePsycho
Please, please, please, continue this. It warms my heart to see the herald so happy to have found her true monarch. I'd like to see where this goes. Please continue this story.
6/29/2016 c4 Zangetsu Ossan
This is great!
6/26/2016 c4 12SeththeGreat
Hey man I appreciate you getting back to me in the PM's so fast.

You were right, the Bearer of the Curse showed up much sooner than I thought.

I like that despite him being a mute character, you're still able to have him display some personality. Like after he speaks to the Herald, he does what most Dark Souls players do and goes around talking to the NPCs instead of immediately progressing to the next area. Not to mention you gave him a little bit of a backstory, saying he comes from Astora. It's the little details like that I really enjoy in these stories.

I'm assuming we'll get little tips as to where he's at in his journey. Like I'm sure he'll get the Blacksmith his key, he'll unpetrify Rosa, etc.

Anyways good chapter, I look forward to what's next.
6/25/2016 c3 SeththeGreat
This is a very interesting story to say the least. I know that this is more focused on interactions between the Herald and the other NPCs, but will the Bearer of the Curse actually make an appearance or will he be talked about off scene?
16 Page 1 2 Next »