for If Only Yesterday

3/30/2021 c7 3VioletErin.26
Aww! So cute! Love how Georg was so angry on her behalf. Love it!
1/1/2021 c7 reisova
Good story
10/2/2020 c7 43naybaybay
*sniff* that was extraordinary beautiful! Thank you for such a touching story.
6/6/2020 c7 Clare
What a fab AU fic! It has everything - lots of romance, lots of angst and strong emotion, an inventive story-line, and even a sort of 'Who done it?' theme. I love how protective Frau Schmidt is with Maria and that she has the type of motherly relationship with Georg where she can call him out when he's feeling sorry for himself or when he's in the wrong :) Go Frau S! And I'm glad the two women dealt with Zeller in a sensible way, because G probably would have killed him and ended up in prison; then no one would have won :) Smart writing!
5/11/2020 c7 139rebecca-in-blue
Lol, Leisl couldn't be more obvious with her "what might be waiting for you!" I'm surprised that Georg didn't catch on sooner, but then, he's been kinda oblivious in this story. I've enjoyed reading this story, and I think you do a good job at creating your own way to bring Georg and Maria together, but I also really wish that it were more medically accurate. I think sustaining an injury like this would likely effect Maria mentally, at least short-term, and that recovering would require more physical therapy that Sister Berthe provides; Georg would also need some pointers on how to properly support/transfer her.
5/4/2020 c6 rebecca-in-blue
I really like the way you've written the Reverend Mother here. Even though it's pretty similar to the scene in the movie, she seems to have more compassion and wisdom than she did there, and she and Maria feel closer, too. I think it helps that Maria is already more certain of her decision here. It does feel pretty out-of-place that the Reverend Mother immediately leaps to "did he hurt you/do something," though. She was the one who described him as "a fine man," so I don't think her mind would immediately go there.

I also love the scene you added between Georg and Liesl, because it's a conversation that they really needed to have. It does a lot to show them growing closer and moving forward together as a family, although I really dislike Georg calling Maria "perfect." It's one thing for the kids to say it, and I know he meant well, but I don't think it's a healthy way to perceive a S.O. (It would be very distancing and probably lead to resentment.)
4/27/2020 c5 rebecca-in-blue
Haha, I love Max and his sarcasm in the beginning. He is some nice relief to all this angst that Georg and Maria are swimming in. I think Georg's monologue does get a little over-the-top, but considering how he acted in the last chapter (and a few other places), it was also good to see him grovelling like this. I really like that you put them in the gazebo again and reused bits of their conversation in the movie. I also love that rather than immediately saying yes, Maria wants time to go back to the abbey first.
4/20/2020 c4 rebecca-in-blue
I thought Georg would pick up Maria and carry her somewhere eventually, and I think you write it very well here. I like the descriptions of his scent and how it effects both of them to be so close to each other. This would realistically be needed for someone whose muscles had atrophied while wearing casts, but I don't think we've seen any mention of Maria wearing casts or having them removed, which feels pretty at odds with stuff like "her broken, distorted limbs."

I loved seeing Max reappear in this chapter, but the argument at the end read a little oddly to me. I couldn't always tell who was talking from the dialogue tags, and wow, where does Georg get off being mad at Maria for not volunteering that Herr Zeller was the one who hit her? It's pretty common for victims of head injuries to not remember the trauma that caused it, and Maria was unconscious for some time. I feel like I'm missing something there. I'm glad that Frau Schmidt jumped in and stood up to him, because I really think he needed to be put in his place there.
4/13/2020 c3 rebecca-in-blue
I'd kinda been expecting that when Maria finally woke up, Georg would immediately dash to her bedside and confess his love, but the way you've written things between them here feels more realistic. It can be easier to talk to a person who can't hear us and/or answer back, and it's interesting that Georg starts keeping his distance after Maria wakes up. I like the way you reuse their exchange outside the gazebo, too.

It does feel fairly unrealistic to me that despite her injuries (still visibly bruised), Maria seems completely fine mentally and shows no signs of memory loss, mood swings, or aphasia.
4/6/2020 c2 rebecca-in-blue
Hm, this chapter feels pretty melodramatic to me. Georg's nightmare is over-the-top angst right down to dead Agathe's icy cold hand, but that didn't bother me so much because nightmares feel that way when you're in them.

Georg's anger at Elsa in his conversation with Max really feels like too much, and the line breaks there made it hard to tell who was talking. I never thought that what Elsa said to Maria in the movie was that harsh, but that Maria took it badly because of her own insecurities. Naturally Elsa would feel threatened by seeing Georg fawn all over another woman after dating her for so long. He is really not blaming himself in the way I'd expected him to.

I hope Maria wakes up soon because I'm not sure this is very medically accurate. There's no mention of her wearing a neck brace despite apparently suffering head injuries, catheterizing her, turning her, checking her for pressure sores, etc.
3/31/2020 c1 rebecca-in-blue
Wow, now that is what I call one intense first chapter. I love how there's such a change in tone - from the excitement of pre-party preparations, to the elegance and romance of the party, to the gruesome discovery of Maria unconscious - yet it all reads so smoothly. Liesl and Max's knowing looks about Georg/Maria are such great touches, although I felt Georg's anger at Elsa's interference was a little overdone. Can't wait to see what happens next, though!
12/25/2016 c7 33augiesannie
Hi Nicky: here I am reading stories I liked but never reviewed (bad me!) and I have to tell you how great this was. When I started reading fanfics years ago I didn't like AU at all, but this story is an example of why I now love them so much - because of the way you shed new light on beloved characters without losing their essence. So well plotted and beautifully written. (I had the advantage of not having to wait for updates or I think I'd have gone mad). Best wishes for a happy new year and sorry fro the delayed review!
12/18/2016 c7 Gallifrey-Rose
Oh wow I loved it. X
10/12/2016 c7 28Mie779
wonderful story... got a little of everything, hurt, love, passion... loved the end, very sweet and romantic... love that Maria did the surprise... ;)
10/6/2016 c7 melu785
This was so sweet and cute! Thanks for your writing :)
116 Page 1 2 3 4 .. Last Next »