for Protecting All Others

5/28/2020 c1 Guest
Oh wow this is a great glimpse into their lives in OoTP! You understand the characters well. This read feels very Tonks; it’s a fun read.

“Tonks had more in the way of speaking her mind.” -so true ha. I love how you describe Sirius as handsome and just his body language and what he says. And the that moment where Remus misinterprets. It was a beautiful gesture and then just it kinda flipped over - poor Tonks...and Remus. Sirius needs to be acknowledged too. Remus being the patient teacher is always the best. Mrs. Weasley going after training is smart and maybe therapeutic.

Loved this so much!
5/25/2020 c1 2magdalenehawthorne
Perfection! You’re so wonderful at capturing their character and dynamic.
3/29/2020 c1 ahoj
can this be a full story please? loved it!
3/24/2020 c1 16LoquaciousLupin
This was lovely. I'd love to have read about the duel between Remus and Tonks... ooo the tension. Just living your n/r stories!
5/16/2019 c1 Guest
Love it! You’re an awesome writer!
4/5/2018 c1 Guest
This is such a great tie in with the books and pottermore. I like this look into their lives; it fleshes them out and I can really see it happening in the outside of Harry’s point of view.
1/17/2018 c1 Guest
That was beautiful, very very sweet and funny. Thanks :)
12/21/2017 c1 Guest
I really enjoyed this!
9/17/2017 c1 Guest
This was cute! I loved it!
7/22/2017 c1 Guest
This is such a good tie in to the pottermore information and Mrs. Weasley's battle with Bellatrix. I love your description of Sirius.
7/11/2017 c1 1Sarah1996
Absolutely brilliant! :)
I am in awe of all your remus/tonks fics. You capture both their characters so well and the way they interact with one another is spot on!
I know it has been a while since you last updated, but is there any chance you will be updating this AMAZING fic any time soon? :)
Sorry to be a nuisance, but the way you write remus and tonks is exactly how I imagined them to be and your stories both move me to tears and make me laugh! :) x
4/6/2017 c1 Guest
Beautiful! You are a fantastic writer!
1/18/2017 c1 Guest
Hi, I only discovered fanfic a few months ago, and as a huge R/T shipper soon discovered your fanfiction page. I read loads of your fis, and loved them! they are some of my favourites ever! You wrote some things that I had been searching for for ages, such as other people's POV on rt (do more of those if possible please!_ I recently discovered rt morelove from your ff page, and was so happy to see it was still up and running, and especially pleased that you were still writing. I read almost alll the fics!
7/19/2016 c1 35Bratanimus
Apologies for the delayed review because of Life Stuff Happening Here, but you should know that I read this fic the day you posted it and was simply blown away. Guh, coming back to R/T as YOU WRITE THEM was such a joy. It was like coming home again; with all your writing prowess and love for these characters I feel blessed to have another opportunity to read them in your capable hands.

You've got the voices of ALL your characters so down pat here. Tonks is particularly lovely. The first line that really hooked me was when she thinks of "a few other details that should probably be considered one day soon." It's such a loving and gentle way for her to think of The Werewolf Conversation without putting it into so many words. And her contributions toward Molly's lesson were wonderful. Playing up your weaknesses (and harnessing your strengths) seems so obvious, unless you're in the thick of it yourself of course, and so she plants the seed for Molly to channel her inner Mama Bear later with Bellatrix, for sure. Love this. And of course Tonks looking forward to Friday (!) is just perfect, as is her anger with what Remus has had to shoulder all this time. She would be angry, wouldn't she? It's just perfect.

And my dear Sirius, seeming "swallowed up by the dark shadows of the hall." Guh. You've effectively described the environment AND him in one fell swoop. And the way "the back shrugged its shoulders and kept on walking"-this is such a vivid way of showing how disconnected and utterly depressed Sirius is at this point. Well done, thanks (?) for killing me dead, lol. Still, I do adore me some haggard and sexy Sirius. ;) The section between Sirius and Tonks is such a wonderful blend of past and present, which is perfect for his frame of mind, and you've balanced the two so well, taking us back to the moment Remus meets Harry, the spitting image of his father. Then when she takes Sirius' hand is just lovely, so full of love and tenderness, and of course Remus would stumble upon that. *dies*

Which brings me to Remus, steering the conversations to topics where Sirius can shine because he knows how to keep people happy. This makes me want to weep. And the fact that he "doesn't do casual" makes such sense, as does Sirius trying to protect them both from what could be such heartache. And then there's Remus (very sexily I must say) casually switching wand hands during his duel with Molly (who is also pitch perfect in this, and who I want to have the Bat-Bogey Hex signature move so badly now, lol), which gives us a glimpse of what a bloody amazing wizard he really is, despite the fact that he can't understand that people actually do like (and love) him very much. And his quiet line of doing anything for those he loves...oh my goodness. That moment is so full of everything, past, present, and future. 3

You've also grounded us in such history and reality. Molly's dead brothers, the secret dueling clubs each generation participated in, the dueling clock, Tonks' struggles at work to prove herself, Fudge on the cover of The Daily Prophet, just to name a few details.

Incidentally I just read the Christmas chapter in OotP to the kids this past week, so this fic came at just the right time. Trelawney would give you high marks! ;)

LOVELY WORK. I was so pleased to read this, and to reread it; I suspect I'll be coming back to it again and again. Thank you for posting this wonderful piece of work. 3

(Oh, and I meant to add: Now I want to see a Molly and Sirius duel. Tonks makes a very good point about being too polite when you practice with someone you like. Perhaps Molly and Sirius NEED to fight; she can channel her frustrations with him, and he can feel useful. I anxiously await the sequel. ;))
7/5/2016 c1 emilyships
Ooh I can't tell you how happy this made me! Beautifully written and so in character, I especially loved the bit when he came in on them holding hands...i'd love to see more of this, I do love a bit of ankst here and there! I hope you write some more of this. Thanks again! x
21 Page 1 2 Next »