for A Year Too Soon

1/17 c52 2Fuck Names
Took me a little over a day but I've finished this now. Thanks for the story.
1/15 c52 Aratherfluffyfatcat
Enjoying the story thanks
1/12 c52 16Wyrtha
Good chapter look forward to the next chapter and what materials Harry decides to use to build his house.
1/12 c51 Wyrtha
Good chapter, but darn ... someone needs to end Jr and the rat
1/12 c50 Wyrtha
Good chapter and nice way to get Harry even more up to snuff. Really like the plan and that he's got his ladies back. Still I'm sure wizards are more focused on hexes, curses, and blowing things up/transforming them but I do wonder if there are strong defensive spells that even a veteran attacker finds nearly impenetrable.
1/3 c52 Mugetsu700
Great story
12/24/2021 c52 1decoy73
I think Draco's going to start getting desperate. I wouldn't be surprised if his plans get him kicked out of Slytherin (if such is possible).
12/20/2021 c52 1Mamamama99
Phew. Finally caught up on this. Can't believe I let this rarity (a good Harry/Flora/Hestia? yes please, give me more) sit under my radar for so long.

Alright, let's get to reviewing then. I do like how the story is going so far. It's pretty fresh compared to, well, a lot of other Harry-centric AUs imo, plus I've always liked the Slytherin crew more than most of the canon protagonists. (Also, will we see more Theo? Kinda doubt it since it's pretty clear he doesn't have much of a role in this story, not so far at least, but hey, I can hope.)

I'll say that... Harry feels much too mature for at least his two first years at Hogwarts. While I agree that life with the Dursleys obviously would make him into a much more reserved/polite and much less naive or innocent kid than most, the level of his vocabulary for example just sounds off, in my opinion. Same with his manners (were a few etiquette classes with a Prefect in his first year really enough that he'd be able to say the right thing in such a varied array of situations as has been shown in this story?). That said, ultimately it's nothing I can't get past and if that is your choice for this Harry, so be it.

Besides that, it's nice to see some canon problems be resolved or even outright removed or handwaved due to (not always, but often) the year shift. I do think you've done a quite nice job in keeping things that are supposed to be there but not necessarily in the spotlight the way they are in canon (like the Mirror and the Stone in year 1 for example). Not to mention bringing several elements and story points forward as a result of Dumbledore being more proactive.

Speaking of Dumbledore, I usually am fond of Dumbledore bashing, but I have to admit it's good to see him be actually competent and not use it just for his own self-satisfaction and plans for the """greater good""". So kudos for that as well, I had no idea it could be so refreshing.

This is really getting a tad long now, so I'll just add that I absolutely don't mean to disparage your work when I try to point out parts I was less pleased with. I know some authors can be really touchy about that, but I just hope you can get anything from what I... tried to

Please keep writing this as well as you've been, and in the meantime I'll have to check out your HP / Nanoha crossover that I think you mentioned in an A/N. Anyways, see you on the next chapter! Cheers.
12/14/2021 c52 SamonIllmantrim
I'm truly enjoying the story. The personalities of Hestia, Flora, and Harry, as well as the other characters they encounter truly make for an enjoyable experience.

Your choices in the directions to take things are very interesting, and I have had a lot of fun reading and enjoying the story thus far. I look forward to how you will take it from here, and just wanted to thank you for sharing it.
12/12/2021 c46 Walli
Hi,
I really like your story.
Thought for clarification:
Crouch is normally the head of the department's for international relations. Sports is the one Bagman is the head of.
12/12/2021 c47 16Wyrtha
Wow...kinda makes a guy think through a few things... nice chapter
12/12/2021 c46 Wyrtha
Good chapter. So I'm guessing with the Voldemort nearing final death and the curse/mark/link gone some of the bad luck and idiocy that marks the story is removed and he gets a legit teacher instead of curses gone wild horror show. Will be curious how that further amps his game up making him and the other students stronger
12/11/2021 c52 4Greatazuredragon
I see Malfoy is still working with only two brain cells.
Nice chapter, good work.