for A Street Rat's Tale

2/4/2019 c1 Guest
Thank you, that would be wonderful! While the total lack of any additional materials about these guys has more or less forced my initial enthusiasm to subside a little bit, I'd still really love to read more. And... in my initial excitement, I may have written a little something of my own that builds on some of the details in your universe. I don't know if I would ever actually create an FF account and post it or not - if I did, I'd certainly ask your permission first and would give you credit for the ideas that are yours - but at any rate I thought that you should know that you'd inspired me. (If you wanted, I'd be happy to let you read it - it seems greedy for me to ask for your stories and not share mine, but am not sure if there's a safe way for me to share it with you without creating an account and posting publicly which I haven't decided if I'm comfortable doing.)
12/5/2018 c1 46Anjion
I would just like to thank this Guest reviewer for this wonderful review! Also, I'm currently in the middle of writing another, completely unrelated story, so it'll be a while before I get back to this, but I'm more than willing to have a shot at expanding on one or two of those important scenes! Watch this space!
11/19/2018 c1 Guest
THANK YOU!
THIS is what I have been waiting to find and read ever since about intermission yesterday while watching the Aladdin musical! I was beginning to think I'd never find it, that no one had written the origin story for the "blood brothers." To focus on Omar is especially awesome because he was my favorite, too. : )

The only thing that could make this better would be if you expanded it into a multi-chapter story with dialogue, or even gave us just one or two of the important scenes with dialogue. I'd love so much to see when Babkak first brought Omar home, or Omar's sharing his story, or one of Kassim's fighting lessons. But even so, you helped fill the itch in me that wanted to know which boys joined with which first: which ones are the oldest (interesting that Babkak is; I'd assumed Kassim, but it sort of makes sense that Babkak might be older and just also be very laid-back and chill); where Omar came from and how the others support and encourage him rather than make fun of his timid nature. You also explain well why Kassim can seem a little more "toughened" than the others. And Babkak seemed to have less personality than the other two, so I love that you fleshed him out as the one who takes care of everyone's injuries - what a wonderful detail, that. Plus I love him being the one who brought Omar home.

If you would ever decide to write that scene - Omar's introduction to the group - in greater detail, I would be delighted to read it, but in any case - THANK YOU for writing this story that needed to be written!
7/5/2016 c1 biankies
Awe this is great! I absolutely love it! It really fits him.
It really is a shame they haven't started an achive for the play yet...
Thanks for sharing! Are you going to write something for the others as well?