for The Lost King

1/26/2019 c4 Pbc98
This story has been tugging on my heart at the pain and loss garon has been going through. The trial and the interruption by josie definitely made me shed a tear
10/5/2018 c7 4Cavik
Hidden within Fates, there clearly was a hidden tragic story about the pre-possession Garon. It was nice to see it brought to life (even though it was still a sad story). Good job :)

P.S: Is Iago being actually a native of Valla under Anankos' orders something you came up with or is it stated in-game?
10/5/2018 c6 Cavik
Considering the pendant's magic, the curse and the Vallite enemies are all creations of the same entity, it really makes sense that the method of death is the same.
10/5/2018 c4 Cavik
How little authority Garon has in his own court is unsettling to say the least.
10/5/2018 c3 Cavik
"And those who do soon find their worldviews corrected" well, that came out as pretty badass.
10/5/2018 c1 Cavik
"I am not going to shy away from that"

"...Now she would never do any of that ever again"

Way to prove you're a woman of your word.
10/3/2018 c7 Ashalim
Awesome. This is canon to me now.
2/3/2018 c5 6Tindle
Excuse me, do you have a moment to talk about our lord and savior Anankos?
1/7/2018 c7 Nathaniabp
Wonderfully done, this is canon for me! The game does a rather poor job at worldbuilding and I am infinitely glad I decided to read this.
The characters are spot-on and true to the support conversations, Garon was a painfully sympathetic character, and I just LOVE how you can make all the characters stand out in their own ways!

Amazing journey, thank you kindly for sharing this with us! Have a great day!
8/1/2017 c7 78jin0uga
Holy... what a ride. Jesus. You made Fated a million times better with this. Wow. I can't believe I would say this but, poor Garon. All he ever wanted was happiness.
6/12/2017 c7 Guest
Simply superb. This and the Mikoto fic give so much depth to Fates' story it almost makes it bearable.
3/4/2017 c7 Guest
Awesome story.
1/8/2017 c7 13Spiner909
This, along with Invisible Princess, make for a very compelling pre-story for FE:Fates. Well done, Apo!

Writing grim/sad stuff can be weirdly fulfilling.
12/12/2016 c7 robotortoise
Oh. Huh. I thought this was the last chapter for some reason. Well, glad it's not!

Garon's depressive slump is very relatable. Depression... It's a cycle. You hate yourself, you hate people who have more than you (not tangible things, nessicarily - qualities like attractiveness or popularity work just as well) and you can't find the motivation to continue. Your life sucks, and you won't be able to make the change yourself. After all, you're worthless. Everyone is better than you at everything.

It's...difficult to break out of that cycle.

Holy shit. My eyes are watering. Arete and Katerina... Damn.

Iago's motivation makes sense now.

Holy...wow. This chapter was amazing.

Oh. It IS the ending of the story. It didn't really feel like an ending, but I suppose that's to be expected. And damn, you've managed to make Fates' rough draft-esque script into something incredible and sensical once more.

Perfect.

Typos: dareshe
11/29/2016 c7 32017Bluefield
That's just no way for anyOne to go. Plus, the way the corpses spoke... I don't think any scene of violence ever *nauseated* me like that. X(

Anyway, that was a solid end to King Garon's tragedy. At the end of the day, he was only human, same as any of us-and yet, he'll be thrown under the bus. Say what you will about Monokuma, but *this is* despair, and it's certainly not a boring instance.
87 Page 1 2 3 4 .. Last Next »