for The Art of Knowing Nothing

7/18/2019 c1 Guest
War sometimes makes toymakers into philosophers. And jawohl, we always knew that he knew if not everything, at least most of it.
4/18/2017 c1 53Visage
What a beautiful piece. Stories from Schultz's view are few and far between, but this is one of the best ones I've read. Your natural narrative voice is absolutely gorgeous, and I loved how you gave each of the boys a short moment with him. Each one was perfectly in character. Thank you for sharing this with us!
1/12/2017 c1 71snooky-9093
An emotional and thought portrayal of Schultz. Nicely done. A lot of historical references to last months of war. Fear of Russians, food shortages, the Allied raids going unanswered by the Luftwaffe. Klink's pacing and Hogan's fatigue fit very well. I like how you made LeBeau older than Hogan. (actually 2 years if you count the actors ages). Welcome to our fandom! Brava!
1/11/2017 c1 Guest
great
1/2/2017 c1 5booey875
Very powerful portrayal of Schultz here- you really brought his character to life. Some of your dialogue could be lifted right from the series. If Hogan's Heroes ever had a proper series finale, this would have fit right in.

The paragraph about Colonel Klink pacing his office was so descriptive that I could see it happening. I like how Schultz seems to exude respect and sympathy for Klink. I wished the respect happened the other way around.

Your description of Hogan being weary and tired is also vivid- I can easily visualize the 6th season Hogan. I have to wonder if there is more to Hogan's weariness than worry about future with Hilda and missing Kinch- possible knowledge of some other thing like the Holocaust or other WW2 horrors, maybe?
11/25/2016 c1 11WriterGreenReads
Uuuuuhhhh you just gave me a whole boatload of feels and I was not prepared for them.
Oh well I guess you did your job.
8/2/2016 c1 14Wondo
You brought Sgt. Schultz to life. Enjoyed how you revealed so much more of the man we came to love on the show. The toy-maker without guile.
This was delightful.
7/21/2016 c1 2rindy713
interesting story! it's nice to see schultz showing the wisdom of his years as he muses on war and life. and i love the thought of him making toys for kids.
7/11/2016 c1 72willwrite4fics
Schultz has always had depths to him that he rarely showed.
7/10/2016 c1 66Sgt. Moffitt
This is the essential Schultz, a decent man with his own share of foibles and his own share of regrets, facing a very uncertain situation with understandable trepidation. But he still shows concern for others, and above all, hope for the future. No wonder we love him! Very nice job.
7/10/2016 c1 1cimmer
That was a very lovely story that made me smile. It was melancholy and hopeful at the same time. Thank you.
7/10/2016 c1 30Abracadebra
This is excellent portrait of a pensive Schultz, looking out over the camp and across the years. You captured every one of the prisoners perfectly, down to the small gestures - Carter's sloping grin, Newkirk's hand to the heart. Beautiful work - brava!