for If Love Were A Flower

10/2/2020 c8 11Monroe Happens
one of us, one of us, one of us!
6/3/2020 c101 4guiltypleasureffnet
I have read a few if your fics over the last week.
I love happy endings, but I really like that your fics aren't heavily romanticised. I like that Erik is not a "good person forced to do bad things", but instead a person who does bad things but has some positive qualities.

I would love Meg and Erik to be happy and for him not to be an arsehole and douche towards herbut I don't think it would be in his character. I like how you write it that way
7/23/2019 c101 11emeraldphan
Yes, I certainly did enjoy the story and it ended just right, with everyone getting older together and trying not to dwell on the past too much. I liked Erik's answer to the question about what flower love is like.
I was wondering about Tony and how old he is now. It will get harder for him to cover up his true gender as he gets older and it could lead to problems. But that's probably a whole other story in itself.
It's more of a bittersweet ending, given all they've been through and all Erik's done, but it feels right for this story. Hopefully the little family can build a future together.
7/21/2019 c101 45Igenlode Wordsmith
"The older she grew the less she came to visit" - I'm not surprised, if he makes a habit of sitting on the rooftop ;-p

Yes, it's probably much better for the condition of Erik's face not to wear a mask over it... although sadly this is not really an option for his other bodily problems, which Meg presumably still has to rub cream into :-p

"Not that you grow younger," she told him - yes, that was my reaction! She can't be all that much older than he is, if at all.

"I plan to live long enough to see Tony taking over for me, then... then I will just go" - and I'm sure he has lots of suitable methods available for that.

I like Erik's sanguine attitude to the provision of babies :-D
Falling in love might pose more of a problem...

"If great arts come from a tormented soul I don't miss composing so much" - ironically, perhaps that's even the reason why he hasn't been working on new attractions for the park either. He is simply spending far too much time being happy, and less time on overwork ;-)

"Do you know why we have only one child?" - I had wondered, given that Meg became pregnant so easily back when it wasn't convenient. But that sort of thing tends to happen in stories; babies generally arrive when it suits the plot and not when the characters are busy with other things ;-p

I'd forgotten that their whole involvement started because they both liked to go out to the pier to watch the sunrise...

So if love were a flower, it would be moss. That was certainly an unexpected verdict!
(Was that the answer all along from the start?)

A lovely sunlit chapter, and a good ending for the story.
7/21/2019 c101 10angelofnight
How very serendipitous that we have finished both are stories in the same weekend. I'm not too sure how I feel about aspects of this chapter. But I love the story very much my dear.
3/6/2019 c100 angelofnight
Finally got around to this. A horrible but wonderful turn of events. He will walk, for now at least, without his hated mask.
3/3/2019 c100 lewovo
Wow chapter 100! I never learned that there were “ugly law” attempted when I was in US History class. I guess there were too many crazy (attempted) laws back then.
2/19/2019 c100 45Igenlode Wordsmith
Another courtroom scene (spot the day job :-p)

Hmm, last time Erik was compelled to take off his mask in court he warned that there would be blood and vomit afterwards, and the jury screamed out loud; this time the proceedings just go on undisturbed after a brief pause...

Has Erik really decided to stop wearing the mask permanently?

I like the detail that in reality he essentially *bought* the verdict he wanted behind closed doors (this was not the most incorruptible era of New York politics), with the rest of it just being put on for the benefit of the public!
2/19/2019 c99 Igenlode Wordsmith
Ah yes, life: the one condition with a 100% fatality rate :-D

Hard for Erik to cope with the concept of an enemy he can't plan to entrap, kill or blackmail in order to ensure the result he wants...

I wonder if MacDunn really has a principled objection to freak shows, or simply an objection to being associated with the infamous Mr Y?
2/16/2019 c100 grandma paula
still love this story and hope it goes on forever.
2/16/2019 c100 11emeraldphan
I love Erik's speech and how he summed up the Ugly Laws as not just cruel but completely impractical. As Erik said, how can you punish someone who was disfigured in a war, fighting for their country?
And the best part of all was Meg saying how proud she was of him - that is huge progress for her and a big step in the long process of becoming a proper family.
Of course, Erik knew that many of the people attending the hearing were not as noble as they made themselves out to be and I like how he used that information against them. It's very hard to argue against him when he's in full flow!
2/16/2019 c100 41AmadErik
Thus chapterwas a great read, Such an awesome idea to show- Erik finally gettingrid of that stupid mask and fighting for the rights of "freaksAnd that reasoning! With the fat old men and Tony being smarter than overeducated assholesWhat aluck Tony has a face like everyone else!
2/16/2019 c99 10angelofnight
You and I have the same problem with never ending stories heh. I love when Erik dresses people down.
1/21/2019 c1 donkat00
OMG, l love your story
1/5/2019 c99 MyNina
I was very happy to read a new chapter of your story, great to see you are back at work XD
Erik ' s weakness is definitely a problem for someone who has so many enemies... I really hope he will find a solution although he has other duties at the moment. Will they be able to fight those inhuman laws? It is hard to believe how intolerant societies acted some decades ago, and still do in many parts of the world oO
I hope you enjoyed your holidays, have a good start for the new year 2019!
Best regards, Nina