for Lessons Learned

10/15/2017 c2 Guest
This is a good read so far. I hope you finish this story!
8/30/2017 c2 Guest
Well I'm a cliffhanger to leave this story on. Really want to see how it all comes together now.
12/27/2016 c2 10Lord Darth Yoda
You know it's scary thinking of the things Sidious could have done to his father as a Sith if Consigna had survived. Also very hard to feel bad for him if he'd lasted that long. Sidious does have a thing for long drawn out torture.
A slightly more nice image: Sidious chatting with his apprentices as Galo snooze nearby. Kind of like the villains who have a past time where they tend to flowers or listening to classical music. Ooh I'm also imagining what Sith magic could do to Galo...
12/7/2016 c2 3isaakfvkampfer
I have no doubt Galo will die in the end. Don't know who kills it though. If Palpy raises any pets(in his sick pet projects even) in the future, he won't give them names for sure.

The fic is heavy. It's really a miracle that Palpatine doesn't kill his father much earlier. He probably still craves some warms from his family in the bottom of this heart. No one gives him any chance. The way he warms up to Plagueis in the novel is heartbreaking if you seriously think. I always wonder what happened to the pendant Plagueis gave him. A Petty thing, certainly almost worthless to a rich Muun and nearly worthless and useless to a Noble son, but I think Palps kept it at least until he became Plagueis' apprentice, or even to the point before the ruthless Sith training began, or he could still keep it as a reminder of how far Sith manipulation could go.

Back to this fic. I think the the POV of Palpy on the Gungans will change to some more Gungan-unfriendly version in the end. Oh for fuck's sake what sort of man treats his son like that.

Got a little AU headcanon that on one of the few times Cosinga brings his family to Coruscant, a tiny Palpatine rides a speeder in busy traffic and attacts a bunch of law enforcement, Jedi and bounty hunters alike tailing him. That's probably the 100 times Cosinga curses himself for not ditching his troublesome son to the annoying Jedi.
11/20/2016 c2 38Brievel
I. Hate. Cosinga.
10/7/2016 c1 Guest
Interesting premise. You always write him so well. Even when he is young which I imagine is not easy! Have you written anything with Vidar Kim and him? I feel like Kim was the only positive adult figure for palps as a child. Anyways looking forward to where this story goes keep doing what you do.
10/1/2016 c1 o
Enjoying it.
9/30/2016 c1 10Lord Darth Yoda
This is cute in its own way. Has a very how to train your Dragon vibe to it. Now I'm I'm imagining Palpatine having a collection of the creatures somewhere even as Emperor.
9/29/2016 c1 38Brievel
Angry... about... his robe. I will break every bone in Cosinga's body. And *enjoy* his screams.