for Unwept, Unhonoured, and Unsung

10/4/2016 c1 32radpineapple
I am awestruck.

This is absolutely wonderful. It is so poetic, smooth, and full of emotion that seems to be lost in this modern culture. I find this realistic. I love the emotion this portrays. I love the sadness in the man who was once Henry Morgan. I love the despairing acceptance he has to his condition.

Overall, this is painted with beautiful emotion and laced with poetic phrases. It is clearly intelligent and a true pleasure to read.
10/4/2016 c1 KenH
I don't know that the fate of someone so long lived would be the degree of apathy you've painted here, but who really knows? Maybe less, maybe more. I do feel that whenever Henry left behind his true identity, it was the beginning of his descent. Does time wear down a person as water wears down stone, relentlessly eating away at one's humanity? Depressing, but very well done.
Thank you.
10/4/2016 c1 48foreverHenry919
What bleakness this story has Henry pondering after a millennium. But I'm a sucker for a happy ending, though. Doesn't look like there'll be one here.

Adam's moved on because Henry has finally "figured it out" and become as cold inside as he has? Hard cheese being an immortal, I guess.

Aside from all that, this story is very compelling. One can feel Henry's sense of desolation and how he's succumbed to the emptiness of his existence. Maybe he needs to plant flowers.
10/4/2016 c1 FDWojo
That was very sad. It brings the near pointlessness of Henry's condition forward to hit you square between the eyes.

But then, if you really sincerely think about it. With no one to share your life with, what is the point. Research for research's sake doesn't have much value. Knowledge without use is worthless.

Even before your Authors Note, I was thinking that Henry had become Adam. Despite Adam's actions in the series, we didn't really see him do that much bad stuff. Yes he caused some death, and no, I'm not going to try to explain why. That's up to the viewer to choose.

And in all truth, let's just hypothesize that somehow, someway, Abigail or Jo had somehow gained the same type of immortality that Henry had. Would (could?) a relationship last for that long of a time? Although I could hope so, my inner doubter is telling me no.

Ultimately, this story shows how pointless the idea of immortality is if it is exceedingly rare (two characters that we know of). What is their point in life? What do they live for?

Frank

P.S. I will also say that the title of the story seems a bit odd. The words "Unhonoured" and "Unsung" mean almost the same thing in the context *I think* you're using them in. "Unsung" being only slightly more elevated than the other in it's degree of strength..