for Pitfalls and Promises of Retroviral Engineering

4/21/2019 c1 23Danny Barefoot
The faction leaders all seems characterful, and insightfully presented with the University concerned about academic credit when their secret research has been stolen, and the Peacekeeper's bureaucracy. Zhakarov has some witty lines like the one about a classless society, also the Morganites with their apparent capitalist obsession. What is MMI? Zhakarov in hell via digital burning picture is as awfully cheesy as some real televangelism, very well observed. Maybe what the story needs is a bit more sense of the stakes, to give all the discussion further weight, with some specific initial examples of how many people could be killed or horribly mutated by retroviral engineering, but that's just my speculation. As is, a good character based story.
8/2/2018 c1 2k+Hawki
So I originally had a longer review for this, but lost it I'm afraid. That said, I'm afraid I couldn't say that much, given lack of familiarity with the setting. Still, I wanted to at least comment, to say that it's definitely good, in as far as its writing goes.

Admittedly this isn't the best review in the world, but if it gives you at least some due credit, well, hopefully that counts for something.
3/2/2018 c1 M
I loved how in character they were all in! I like how it was a easy read, even with all of the science going on. I also really liked the ending and having play The University in the games, I can understand the annoyance about everyone stealing our research. Great writing.
2/27/2017 c1 1Fridge
Very funny, "his diary was already on the datalinks". It's nice to see that this old game still has people interested in exploring its universe. Correct spelling and grammar.

Good use of the leaders/factions personalities, and a humorous interpretation of Zakharov. Yang is evil a dictator as ever, and Miriam is at best misguided. A bit sad we didn't get anything from Lady Deidre's view, or find out what the Spartans are up to.

Overall good one-shot.
1/20/2017 c1 10Anla'shok
As I said some months ago when I stumbled upon one of your fics, the idea of AC fanfiction had never really crossed my mind. How you delve into the leaders personalities is just brilliant, and the fact you adapt your narration so well to each one... I'm envious here. You also make for fun politics with bonus ethics question thrown in. Loving it.
Loved the image of Rose herding lolcats, and how she loved hacking for the challenge as much as the information obtained. She was funny, but didn't sound juvenile.
You found a good balance with Miriam. Lal is boring, decent and competent, which is pretty much how I saw him.
Petrov is rather hilarious despite himself. Poor long-suffering scientist.
And Zakharov is both brilliant, and... not (I laughed at the end. I can imagine an outraged vendetta being declared against the Believers and Lal hitting his head hard on a table). It's so obvious from Miriam's POV that she'd never touch that kind of research with a ten foot pole. It makes him a great plot-driving character. I'm nevertheless really glad he's not my boss.
If Yang had figured out how to create the Borg, he'd have done it already. He makes Miriam seem like a wonderful person. You have your megalomaniac super villain right here.

I'm rather sad it's over.