for Anotherlea

8/12/2018 c18 Marly5
Hi, I've been reading your story and I seem to be missing a chapter, according to the reviews I can't find chapter 18, I can see chapter 19 twice but no 18, is there anyway to fix that?

I just recentley discover Anne of Green Gables, as english is not my first language and I have been reading anything I can find. Your story is very good it captures the reader with the details. I'm loving Mrs. Blythe.

And now I will continuing with my reading, I hope to be able to read chapter 18 sometime.
5/11/2018 c3 Scarlet
I like the story by far however there are scenes that i cannot follow. One moment she is talking with gil then suddenly diana without tying up what happened to gil and anne talking
10/13/2017 c18 39oz diva
Re the old New Years Day being in March. That’s still the case in many Islamic countries eg Afghanistan. Just thought you might like to know.
9/22/2017 c35 7Fathomless83
I would love to see a sequel to this.
9/4/2017 c35 DennisMerrell
I love the story, but how can you stop here?
8/24/2017 c34 39oz diva
I just love the image of Martin feeding Marilla hot buttered mushrooms. Have fungi ever been so romantic? How lovely that she gets married. I wish we had more information about her wedding night!
7/15/2017 c35 1mgp0701
this story! ahhhhh! ahhhhh! OKAY SO background: im a 16yrold girl and just in the past week i started and finished Anne of Green Gables. it's one of my moms fav books, and i had free time this summer so i decided to sit down and finally read it, and needless to say i FELL IN LOVE WITH IT. everything about Anne, from her daydreams to her mistakes to her troubles with geometry resonated with me, and as soon as i finished the book i needed more! i started to read Anne of Avonlea, but i of course dove into the fanfic archives too, and this story? is EVERYTHING i could possibly want and more. being about anne's age in this story, i've made and feel like i'm going to make so many mistakes and it's just so Refreshing to see a character like that portrayed in such a positive light! i'm half in love with gilbert myself and the romance was so sweet i could hardly put my phone down! i was up at like 1:30am squeaking over anne and him, i will admit. this whole story was so well-written, the characters were Superb, and the plot was perfectly heartwarming. i think i fell in love with this story, and now i have even more motivation to read the rest of the Anne series just so i can read the rest of your work. EXCELLENT JOB! (p.s. - i was reading your profile and i saw that one of your influences was the 2005 P&P, which i honestly felt in your writing! it's one of my favorite movies, and I ended up listening to the soundtrack as I finished the last chapter because I felt that it fit so well, so imagine my surprise when i read you enjoyed it too! it was a funny lil coincidence that made my day :D)
7/12/2017 c35 Kate
It's July! Where are you?
7/12/2017 c21 14elizasky
I just read all 35 chapters of this whole story from start to finish in a 24-hr period. I have a lot of feels that I would like to turn into a coherent comment once I have finished blubbering.

But for now, I will just say that "Josephine Barry, I demand a rematch" is one of the best 6-word stories I've ever read. Well done.
7/4/2017 c15 7Fathomless83
This chapter is just gorgeous.
6/19/2017 c27 3JD SPARKS
Ugh. And also I am writing this on an tablet and accidentally posted, and I guess i can only make 1 post per chapter. ...Sorry. I wanted to say love your stuff as always, and happy to dive back into the world of Anne and Gil, one of my fav OTPs, with your beautiful stories. Thanks again for sharing them with us. I am usually a little skeptical on AUs but recently got into the, after giving some a chance. I do like the idea for this one, though I love LMM's stuff I can agree with the young girl you spoke of as the inspiration, that I did feel Anne changed a bit more than expected in later books. Also the things LMM focused on in later books held less draw for me. TBH I kind of lose interest after Anne of the Island, i skimmed over most of Windy Poplars, and I dont think ive ever sucessfully made it through Anne of Ingleside. Sorry, I know I'm a horrible Anne fan. The truth is out now.

That being said I really am loving your take on this. I love Anne and Rowena's interactions. The lack of too much Davy/Dora makes me very happy lol, and Anne not being super involved in the AVIS and more with what's going on with Fred and Diana or Gilbert is great. Being a homeowner now and hating my HOA puts a new perspective on the AVIS for me now. Plus what I want more of and what draws me to reading more fanfics than later books in the series is I just want more Anne and Gil. So again thank you. Your writing is beautiful and your handling of the characters is great.

Your Anne here definitely feels a bit truer to her nature in the first book. I loved the whole situation in the snow, how like Anne to be so stubborn and hotheaded she would disregard common sense. How she loses her temper and just quits teaching. Even this chapter, her exploratory nature, lack of care for propriety or social norms can be believable if you think of her previous actions in the book... just she's older and situations more adult. I have to commend you again on being bold enough to go there haha. Your said you lost some fans, I was already and fan, but if I weren't I'd favorite/follow you again!

There are too many great things to go into, the moments between Gil/his mother/Anne are my particular favorites. The change in Diana and Fred's courtship story adds great drama and allows for more focus on the characters I care about. In any case, I always love and enjoy your stories. Sorry I'm not a regular between, work, kids and life it's hard for me to keep up with stories regularly. Every now and then I bounce back to a fandom I love, and am happily surprised all over again by the talent on here. Your works are very much appreciated and I hope you will continue, I will continue reading, just a little more sporadically than I would like. :)
6/18/2017 c26 JD SPARKS
Hello Katherine, i've returned to the AoGG, thanks to all the new Anne materials popping up. Always love to see more. I wasn't sure if I was going to review chapter by chapter, after all that would be 35 or so reviews all at once. So I was going to do overall review, but then I hit this steamy bit and had to say...wow. You successfully had me blushing, totally wasn't expecting in with the rating lol, but very much appreciate it. I'm not gonna lie I will on occasion purposefully change search filters to "all". Wink wink, nudge nudge, say no more.
6/10/2017 c2 TiaMaria710
Im not able to imagine what Gilbert meant about the dress?
6/10/2017 c1 TiaMaria710
I'm glad to see your story. This was a wonderful beginning.
6/1/2017 c35 CrumpledPinkCandyHeart
It's 4:30am and I just finished this! You've done an absolutely beautiful job of reimagining Anne of Avonlea! I especially love the way you write Anne and Marilla's relationship. Also, this is grittier than the source, but I like that. Having Anne and Gil struggle in these ways felt natural, and I love that you kept Anne's spirit alive, with her scrapes and the friendships she fell into (especially John Keats).
482 « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »