for Sensitive Condolences (A Eulogy For Ianto)

4/7/2018 c1 sandysan2013
So, sister and brother were on the same track as far as memory went. It is nice to think that Ianto had something outside T3 and Jack. In cannon, only Gwen had life outside T3; I like to think they all had something else and each other.
4/24/2017 c1 kathyoberbeck
Well done. Made me cry.
1/17/2017 c1 2k+badly-knitted
*wibble* You'd think that after 10 years it wouldn't still hurt, but it does. Ianto deserved to live, but he'll always be loved and never forgotten.
10/9/2016 c1 wellofwisdom79
Poignant story as we just buried my mother this past week. I have to ask who the men with Jack were? I am drawing a blank.
10/8/2016 c1 Alice Carter
Rhiannon would certainly approve of this tribute to her brother. It’s exactly the right tone. The family characterizations are spot on, the impromptu serenade is touching, and it was wonderful to see Arthur and George again, supporting Jack. And good, too, to give Jack his chance to say goodbye. There’s another echo from your other story here. In Jack’s words to Tosh, “Promises to the dying are promises we have to keep. It helps keep them alive in our memory too.” With a single look exchanged between sister and lover, you’ve assured that Jack’s promise to Ianto is a living one. This story was incredibly sad, and many tissues were required, but satisfying and hopeful, too. Ianto finally has the honourable funeral he deserved, and that gives his family – and us – the strength to carry on his memory. Brilliant piece of work.
10/7/2016 c1 36Cerih
When I first saw a draft of this story many years ago, it reduced me to tears. When I went through it with my suggestions now, I had tears in my eyes both times. What I admire about this story, and your writing as a whole, is that you always write honestly and with integrity. Here you've given Ianto the funeral he deserves, without being afraid to show raw grief and the ugly side of CoE. There's no sugar-coating, no tropes, no attempt to make it better. Ianto died, it sucks and we grieve. But as with the promise made in the story and as with us fans, we remember.

I admire your courage and, as always, it was a sheer pleasure.