for Bent not Broken

9/17/2017 c15 Guest
Please, a book 2!
7/24/2017 c14 DC
This has gotten repetitive.
4/10/2017 c10 Tes1
He might just end up joining them after this.
4/9/2017 c10 43lord Martiya
Goddammit... Someone fire an arrow through his head! No, a lightning!
3/11/2017 c9 lord Martiya
Tarrlok should be arrested for abusing his authority here. That would be fun.
12/31/2016 c6 61D.J. Scales
Interesting.
11/6/2016 c3 timijaf
Great chapter
10/23/2016 c1 Guest
Incredibly interesting concept. I would love to read more!
10/23/2016 c1 35ReaderPal
Hi. I’m enjoying your story so far, this is a unique take on Mr. Soto’s character development/story arc. I guess the Equalist’s will either come to power with a different backer or a different means. That is, if they end up being a threat in the story at all.

One criticism I I will give you is that the first two paragraphs should be chapters to themselves, showing Mr. Soto’s character development as he decides to go a different path and later ends up refusing to join the Equalist’s much to Amon’s disappointment and concern.

At the very least, you could have a fake out at the beginning of the chapter where it looks like he is working for Amon, and he’s in his workshop working on a prototype glove. This scene then changes to a manufacturing facility where the gloves are being mass-produced.

However, some dialogue then reveals that his product is ready for internal use by the guards at his factories, as a final test run before bringing the project to market.

He’s doing this because it’s good for a publicity, reassures the public that the gloves are safe and affordable because his employees can buy them without a big discount, insurers that his employees are safe from bender criminals and villains, helps him distance himself from any potential association with the Equalist movement due to the product being developed in-house, satisfies new product regulations, helps with word-of-mouth advertising, and gives him the opportunity to observe and collect information on potential practical problems, technical glitches, discover and test out potential improvements, and have his guards and other personnel suggest new features for the gloves from his own employees.

Also there’s probably a simple reason why Asami never manufactured the shock gloves. She probably hates the idea of developing weapons, or at least something peaceful, that could be used as a weapon as much as Virick does.

It’s also possible that the manufacturing of shock gloves was banned in Republic City after what the Equalists did. Furthermore, although manufacturing the gloves might help the company out of bankruptcy in the short-term, the continuous association with Amon’s movement and her father being in prison for attempted murder, assault, and treason might damage further the company’s reputation in the long-term. It also, it could cause deadly clashes between benders and non-benders, give the Triads and others a horrific new weapon, ans gives rise to renewed anti-bender sentiment. Shock gloves could become the guns of the Avatar World!

Also, seeing line after line of those gloves being manufactured might trigger painful memories and possibly give rise to nightmares for our favorite heiress. It’s also possible that the patent rights for the gloves are in dispute as well due to Mr. Soto developing them under shady and mysterious circumstances. There’s no telling what kind of technology or ideas incorporated into them given that he probably thought that Patent Rights wouldn’t be an issue due to his close ties to Amon.
10/22/2016 c1 Gilgamesh777
This is honestly the best new concept I've seen for a Korra fic in a while. Instead of merely acting out in blind revenge, Hiroshi actively uses his talents to create solutions to the problems that led to his wife's demise. The idea of selling electrified gloves to the public was something I saw in an LOK X Naruto crossover where Naruto saw the technology's potential for defense for the average citizen. During season 2, it surprised me that Asami didn't try to sell the gloves to the general public to help Future Industries (which was failing at the time).
10/22/2016 c1 timijaf