FanFiction.Net
for Love and Loss

8/21/2022 c1 7Sunrise109
Thank you so much for writing this, trully.

Sai's role in this story, his compassion and comforting words are so healing.
2/6/2021 c1 18AirashiSakura
This is so wonderfully written. I really was lost Sai/Ino's emotion while reading. You successfully incorporated the raw emotions in your writing. And the way you humanized both of them was incredible. I wish if you could write more to this, like maybe something with the birth of Inojin. Anyway, Thanks for writing and sharing this and I'm glad I read this. This one is really a beautiful piece.
10/8/2017 c1 187YenGirl
Oh, I didn't know this month was special because of that.

I can't say I completely understand the pain of losing something so precious... but it took my husband and I five years before we finally had our precious daughter so I know a little bit of the longing and envy one feels...

And you wrote Sai's characters with respect and heart. Well done!
8/29/2017 c1 20Poodie
I cried for this story. In reality, no one can really understand the kind of loss that this is. My mother had gone through this a mere few months ago, and I couldn't understand why she was so sad. Sad yes. But the extent that she was at didn't make sense to me.

Honestly, this gave me just a little insight, and I enjoyed it! For some reason, I love angst stories so I can cry XD

In an added note, I would love to join the reviewing movement! I have actually been doing what you guys stand for, for a while! I just didn't know there was an actual group dedicated to it. So yes, I am interested, and would love to join!
7/4/2017 c1 Weirdo-Lover
Um. So this is amazing. You are great!
5/12/2017 c1 13lrviolet
The words completely showcased the pain Ino's going through, and although the subject matter is very sensitive, I think it was captured essentially with the couple's grief. Lovely work! :)
4/28/2017 c1 37Tuvstarr's lost heart
Misscarriage is a heavy and sensitive subject but I think you approached it with a enough care not to minimize it. Lovely piece.
4/12/2017 c1 7kigamin
I know next to nothing about Naruto, but I know Ino and I can totally see what you talk about her special spunk.

I like your writing style. It flows well, and I especially like how Sai was so focused on trying to reassure her, to make her feel better, while forgetting his own grief. In the end his dam broke and his emotions flooded him and it felt through your writing.

I can't imagine how painful that kind of loss is either, but I hope anyone going through this learns to grieve and move on. Thank you for this heartfelt piece.
12/26/2016 c1 6Amasian
I DON'T KNOW WHAT COMPELLED ME TO READ MY DOOM - despite the blatant "Tragedy" subject line - how did I NOT expect my heart to get broken? I've been on a Sai/Ino kick after catching up on another terrific fic and thought this might be a fun story to try. It was 'fun' watching my emotions go haywire. Your knack for drama wows once again, friend. What a heartbreaking thing to capture and you portrayed the tragedy justly. Onward to one of your lighter stories! My weak heart can't take this drama, ahhh.
12/18/2016 c1 5jazzberryjuice
Hey, sorry this is a day or two later than I'd expected to review!
Anyway, wow. Every time I return to R&R one of your stories, I always observe such dramatic improvement. I'm sure your betas were also instrumental in the good grammar (it's so rare to read fics with "whom" in them, for example), flow, and plausible characters here!
I liked how you described Sai's struggle to "reach" his own emotions. One suggestion: I had a difficult time picturing tears "raining" down cheeks. Tears, even when you're crying hard, usually still slide/slip down, don't they? It'd be more like how rain moves down car windows rather than how they descend in the open.
Good job overall!
11/28/2016 c1 2Nairil
It was very well written! I liked how you portraied Sai's way of thinking. He is a very interesting character to read about. Angst isn't my cup of tea, so I can't leave very intellectual comment, becouse everything in me is overwhelmed by the tragedy that you portraied so skillfully.
11/17/2016 c1 11spilihp17
WOW! This was heartbreaking. I can only imagine the pain one must feel going through the process of nurturing and getting ready to bring a life into this world only to have that dream crushed by something completely out of their control.
I really liked how Sai was portrayed; you can imagine him being like a baby he knows what he feels but because of his background he finds it hard to express it and show it to the world. But here he knew he had to push through and be Ino's pillar of strength during this time of pain. It was nice to see that side of him.
Really good and i'm all for a happy ending, so i hope you'll continue it.
11/13/2016 c1 17princesshyuuga01
As always, your ability to pocket so much emotion into so few words amazes me. I am kind of at a loss. Take it as a compliment :) Whilst this wasn't very lengthy it was heavy with emotion and depth. I think you introduced Sai as how we're used to seeing him through out the series (a bit detached from situations, a bit cynical, especially in that moment he questioned what more Tsunade could possibly do to help them) but then you left was with a much more emotionally evolved Sai. I found that very commendable. In a few paragraphs he motioned through such amazing character development and it was fantastically executed.

Normally such a quick spurt would come off as rushed or unrealistic but one can tell that prior to the point where the story began this peak in his character growth had been a long time coming. And this was all owing to his bond with Ino. Loss is a terrible thing but it can also be a wonderful thing. It tends to bring people closer together and you did a marvelous job conveying that notion. This is not to say there was any distance between the two :P You know what I mean. Bear with me, it's late but I absolutely had to read this story after being made aware of it's existence :)

This quite a different kind of angst than what I am used to from you. Glad to see you testing new waters and sailing my friend :)
11/1/2016 c1 9misspandalily
Definitely wasn't expecting this when I clicked on the link to the story, but I thought it was beautiful nonetheless. Melancholic tone and mood aside, I think you captured the emotional grief that comes with loss achingly clearly. Not that I would understand what miscarriage felt like, but this was incredibly deep and introspective, and it's great that you present everyone's reaction to loss and give the oneshot that extra exploration of the trauma and sorrow that consumes all of their minds.

This was a beautiful tribute to the people who suffer from loss, well done. Also, congratulations on 33 people!

misspandalily
10/31/2016 c1 6yara9292
This is so sad. I feel so bad for both.
It's terrible what they go through.
You did an awesome job describing their feelings. I hope they will make it and not break under the terrible loss.
Great work :)