for Lessons from Man

1/5/2019 c1 20ILoveCheetos-and-AteIsa
Amazing job on this! Now, please excuse me as I wipe my tears... I'm just so glad that I've finally found someone who based this on the books and not the movie!
6/6/2017 c1 Guest
YES! You don't many like these, so thank you!
2/21/2017 c1 37samus18
This is unspeakably beautiful, wonderfully written - I think you did Kipling's stories great justice, it was almost like reading from the book itself. :)
It's nice to see some attention being given to the books, too - it seems like they really don't get as much attention as they should. So I commend you for this. It was a wonderful gem to come across!
11/17/2016 c1 Wow
This is written better than original book! :0
11/17/2016 c1 TheGrandNil
Can't wait for the next chapter!
11/17/2016 c1 Man
I use spears
11/7/2016 c1 45octocelot
Okay, I have a separate window open, and I'm 100% prepared to cry. I'll keep you posted.

Really nice first line!

Okay, I just finished reading the first section, and wow...why is your writing perfect? Teach me how to write like you do. I like how Bagheera's being knowledgeable (and not being knowledgeable when he first got here) keeps popping up. I'm guessing it might play a role in the theme about childhood naivete/Mowgli's growing into a man, based on the prompt.

The flashback was so smooth!

[...Yet when Mowgli shone his impish smile...wondered if this man cub would be the undoing of more that just the tiger.] oh, I accidentally caught a typo. Also I'm crying help

[the little people buzzing] PRECIOUS

[youmust learn their ways] typo :)

MEI I'M SOBBING INTO MY LAPTOP AND I CAN'T STOP

MEI

THIS IS PERFECT AHHH BAGHEERA'S FEELINGS ARE SO REAL AND FELT

GOOD JOB WITH THE PROSE BY THE WAY. EVERYTHING FELT SO SMOOTH AND THE PACING WAS GREAT
11/3/2016 c1 70Gamemakers
I read the The Jungle Book years and years ago, but the details are a little fuzzy.

[It was said that all the jungle knew Bagheera...] I LOVE this first line.

[without master word] I think this might be a canon thing, but I keep looking at this phrase, and it doesn't look right.

I really enjoyed this! At the beginning, I kind of thought I wouldn't, as I remember being a little turned off by Kipling's prose. But this is GORGEOUS. The use of the MOC prompt is great, I love the ending, and the style really works for the story you're telling. Great job!
11/3/2016 c1 7Evil-Copper
I... I... I have almost no words. This is undoubtedly one of, if not, the best Jungle Book fanfictions I have ever had the privilege to read. Please bring forth the next chapter as I await patiently for it's arrival.
11/2/2016 c1 132rebecca-in-blue
This is such a deep, well-written story. I love the dignity and pride that you give to Bagheera, and the ways you explore all the different animals of the jungle and the laws that they live by. My only experience with The Jungle Book has been the Disney animated film, and obviously, this story is very different and impressively sophisticated.

I think this works for the prompt in two different ways; of course, a lot of it deals with Bagheera teaching Mowgli that he must grow up to become a man, not a wolf. I also really love Bagheera's backstory and how when his mother died, he realized that he must leave his caged, childhood life behind and grow up/old in the jungle. Wonderful work, and thanks for entering the MOC!
11/1/2016 c1 9Stegosaurus1412
This is beautifully written. Very true to the stories and your original ideas were just brilliant. Loved it..;)

Desktop Mode . Twitter . Help . Sign Up . Cookies . Privacy . Terms of Service