for House of the Rising Damp

6/26 c1 80Lapfordlass
Loved this really sweet story.
9/24/2020 c1 6Hummina
Aww, Hutch is such a softy when Starsky gets sad.
4/21/2018 c1 Rescue45
This was wonderful. Shows the great friendship they have.
2/1/2017 c1 53Gunney
Aww this was sweet. And I liked the conclusion to the house question. Very lovely.
12/22/2016 c1 8kristleap
I enjoyed this story. I love that Starsky was thinking about Hutch's mental and emotional well being when he invested in the house. I think Hutch needed to see what Starsky saw in the fixer-upper. Loved the mention of all the characters that played a role in S&H's past and a role of who they were now. I shuddered too with the mention of Diana. I'm very glad you didn't stay with the word limit and let it take you where it needed to go to be complete. Hutch locking the house wasn't a "futile gesture", as you said, "it spoke volumes". I'd love to read any follow up stories about them fixing up the house, you may write.
11/20/2016 c1 3mel2932
I really thought I left a review before. Sorry so late. I loved it. I love how you showed that Starsky has much more depth in his reasons for the things he does, crazy as they seem. Thank you.
11/18/2016 c1 10luvthatblueeyedSoul
This is absolutely adorable. I can see it so clearly playing out, loved it.
11/18/2016 c1 8Paula UK
Thank you for rising to the challenge, Pauline. You've done a great job .
Hutch does like to fix things if he can. How clever of you to see this tumble-down house as Starsky's way of giving Hutch something he *can* fix.
Sorry I'm late reviewing...where does the time go?!
11/12/2016 c1 Daved32
Nice!
11/5/2016 c1 18Hutch-is-gorgeous
One of my favorite lines is about the botulism and tetanus. Another about Starsky saying at least we don't have to worry about putting in a skylight.

I love Starsky's reasonings about how come he figured the house would be somethin' Hutch could sink his teeth in into fixin up with him. It's great that Hutch was no longer angry and was more upbeat as they left the house.
11/3/2016 c1 29acmabry
OOOh - Pauline - glad you let the story run on! This is really good! Of course Starsky would think of Hutch first about this house. Hutch is a fixer of things and people and Starsky was right to let this house be a permanent fix up for Hutch. Something for them both to fix up - just like they are there to fix each other when they have been broken.
Also, love how you brought Diana into the story, Starsky knowing right away what was bothering Hutch.
Really good story! :-)!
11/3/2016 c1 74sandybeliever
Oh, yes. You are forgiven for going over. Nicely done.