for Alternate Scene by the Lake 6

7/18/2020 c1 SereneWithAnger
Good for Snape wonderfully devious.
6/11/2020 c1 12excessivelyperky
Yeah, Gypsy Severus would be very difficult to deal with by the Marauders; if they hurt him too badly no girl would ever go out with them again, *ever*. And they're not clever enough to hurt him where it counts. Plus, having Hagrid unhappy with the boys could turn out badly, since if Hagrid says someone isn't Dark, people pay attention.
8/24/2019 c1 Fenris Jin
Refreshing! After all the hard life truths Canon!Severus has to endure, giving him a touch of whimsy was lovely.
11/14/2017 c1 14Ogrebear
Very nice AU.

I like the Hagrid-Snape connection which is fairly rare in fanfic.

Definitely the start of something different.
12/10/2016 c1 Saint Snape
Late reading this due to travel and illness but I like this. I don't believe I've read another story where Severus is gypsy. It makes an interesting twist making him likeable and a dashing romantic figure. I can only imagine the frustration James feels because no matter what he says the girls will still see Severus as mysterious and different which most parents would say is off limits and therefore makes him a babe magnet. We all love the rebel and a guy that stands out in the crowd. Even if James were to retaliate and call Severus out he would look foolish and mean to all the girls so he can't win. I love it!
12/7/2016 c1 52Jaenera Targaryen
"THIS SHIT IS SO SURREAL. AM I ON DRUGS?"
- the Emperor of Mankind

XD XD XD XD XD

Well there's certainly something you don't see everyday. Popular, naturally-charming, 'good', and SLYTHERIN Snape. And he's not a Mary Sue. You sir, are a complete and utter genius to come up with this XD

The Marauders' excuse of 'it's just in good fun' probably, no, utterly won't fly here. Snape's too popular, the collateral would be too much for them to socially-weather. And Hagrid's on Snape's side too, and that means that many griffins will be less unhappy with Snape, and probably boo (along with most - the serpents should be pragmatic enough to respect his neutrality considering his social magnetism - of the school) the Marauders when they go too far.

And for everything else, well he's a gypsy. He can be 'fun' too, and the school will probably just laugh and go along the lines of 'all is fair in love and war'. And Dumbles, as you mentioned with Hagrid jovially backing Snape, will roll with it too.

Looks to me like the Marauders met their match...and James bitterly sliding into Draco Malfoy territory with the mention of Snape's mother abandoning 'respectability'. Oh the irony XD
11/28/2016 c1 Guest
like it
11/25/2016 c1 5arisflame
While this story is good, I find your theory a bit lacking. Eileen would have influenced matters (on magic) before her son arrived at Hogwarts, & with a culture rich in oral tradition, the rest of the troupe probably would have known about their "uniqueness" long before he turned 11.

After all, some of those "romance" stories also claim that gypsies have a "magic" of their own...
11/22/2016 c1 hwyla
It is interesting to see such a different Sev - one who seems less self-conscious. And this even gives him a similar pariah upbringing (at least equal to 'that Snape boy from Spinners End') with the main differences really that Tobias' masculinity was probably not as threatened by unemployment, nor by his wife's magical ability. At least, so I would imagine considering the tales of witchcraft associated with gypsies.

I imagine a childhood that probably included many more 'eyes' on him in terms of extended family. I presume he was not left to his own devices as much and probably might even have had friends (instead of neighborhood bullies) among the other kids of the 'camp'. It all depends upon whether you have the Snapes' traveling alone or as part of a caravan. From his better social skills, I'm assuming several 'wagons'.

It's difficult to imagine a Sev that is not particularly into books, but then it's hard to have walls and doors upholstered with books in a gypsy wagon. But the background is perfect for a budding potion.
11/22/2016 c1 58randomplotbunny
Awesome!
11/21/2016 c1 Guest
Apart from indulging in every stereotype of gypsies imaginable, not a bad story. At least here Sev gets the girl.
11/21/2016 c1 trebeh
As always I love your Severus centered stories; do you think you'll ever take up another full length one?
11/21/2016 c1 8MuggleCreator
*Giggles*
Very nice! I like the twist of this.
11/21/2016 c1 28duj
Interesting plot bunny. I wouldn't call canon-Snape spiteful, though. He is harsh of speech, but tends to be soft of deed.