FanFiction.Net
for To Be an Afternoon

1/1/2023 c1 Sad and Hopeless
Very haunting and sad, but beautifully written, evoking both the feel of the original Pooh books and the hopelessness and misery of the present. Eeyore, of course, the Cassandra of the story, is much the same, but the changes in the others are heartbreaking. And poor Kanga, having lost her child, says nothing at all.
1/1/2023 c1 Guest
Very haunting and sad, but beautifully written, evoking both the feel of the original Pooh books and the hopelessness and misery of the present. Eeyore , of course, the Cassandra of the story, is much the same, but the changes in the others are heartbreaking. And poor Kanga, having lost her child, says nothing at all.
9/2/2018 c1 149rebecca-in-blue
Well, wow, this just ripped my heart out and stomped on it. It reminds me of Buzz's words to Woody in Toy Story 2: "To do what, Woody? To watch kids from behind glass and never be loved again?" One of the worst fates for a toy, and apparently, the fate that Pooh and his friends suffer here. I like the way you gradually reveal that they're on display - the faces peering in, the dark mesh - but the only reason I kept reading through their bleak new existence was because I thought that Christopher Robin would magically reunite with them from beyond the grave and through fanfiction magic and wish fulfillment, they'd all be transported back to the Hundred Acre Wood.

But alas, reality reigns here - cold dark mesh restricting their movements, no chance to play and have fun anymore, and even Tigger can barely get excited over anything. This is very creepy and well-written throughout, but I think if you're going to go this dark and depressing with a story, you might want to attach some warnings. I almost freakin' cried!

P.S. I'm here reviewing you for the review-a-thon at the Caesar's Palace forum! Come drop by sometime, Hunger Games centric but all fandoms welcome :)
1/1/2018 c1 1purpleread
*sniff* There should be a law against abandoning your sentient creature toys...
Nicely written. Now we just need a crossover with We Bare Bears where the toys escape and start their own family!
8/14/2017 c1 Mim
So on top of everything else you are a fan of Winnie the Pooh? And your title - everyone please read the last chapter of House at Pooh Corner and tell me Elafi hasn't got it perfectly right. As usual, it's the details in your writing that bring it to life. That's what I enjoy most about your work. Here you're couching the details in dialogue as you bring the tale along. Alan Alexander would approve of this chapter in the story of Winnie the Pooh, I think.