FanFiction.Net
for The 'Chewing Gum' Muses

1/16/2017 c1 22Yannami
Huhuhu I was constantly switching between Shinichi and Kaito before knowing who the two fooling people here are because they are so ALIKE!

These two really are such fools. But that's why we love 'em so much
12/21/2016 c2 63kaitothegreat
Following my review on chapter 1, my review will plainly be a review, soooo yeah! Honestly there's nothing to critic here because I like this one and it's as good as how it could ever be! It's an interesting take when you reviewed her moments with Shinichi and Ran! I really adore Haibara as a character in DC, and this fic hit a lot on my feels to write something about her.

This fic is seriously the essence of how Haibara have grown in DC throughout the chapters :'))) This is simple to read, simple to understand and simply on point for Haibara's characterization, that's why the emotions were very easy to be grasped here. The FEELS are strong. I really liked this one-shot!

...

... Okay, did I mention I like this one shot before? Have I? HAVE I?
12/21/2016 c1 kaitothegreat
first thing first; I LOVE ANGSTINESS (If that's a word)
Second: Your summary is the best (Chewing gums muses... makes you think AND is also a good weight-reduction strategy LOL! Maybe I should try your method too, especially for the latter)

OkAY anyway, back to the story. Again, I don't see any reason for me to constructively critic this story, so I'll be leaving this review as purely a review/opinion, so you can take it however you want.

Maybe it's only just me, but I often, as much as I could, will avoid using same repetitive words in a paragraph and rely heavily on synonym dictionary because I'm just weird like that. But there are times some specific words are repeated for necessity and impact, which I also do for some of my story as I find it perfectly useful to state a point. For your case; Only foolish child/Only foolish person. I adore the emphasis because it's SO IMPORTANT, and the sentences that followed after those words were heartbreaking. *slams fist on table* I LOVE IT. And the use of italic was smart too. I love italic words, another method to emphasize a word besides repeating it! If you use is well, it delivers lot of impact to that word compared it to being the same font as the other words!

Coming back to the plot. Besides the similarity of the organization they chased are merciless and carry guns, I would personally say Kaito would have a higher chance of ending up in this state of the fic compared to Shinichi, because the former IS ONE LONELY BALL OF SADNESS. Shinichi is equally a sad character too, having to hide secrets from Ran, the most precious person to him, but imo, Kaito is MUCH more lonely than Shinichi. Idk, like how Kaito's secrets were shared only to like... TWO people? And that his best friend actually hates his alter ego, compared to how Ran treated Conan with lots of love...? OKay, I think I going off topic and diving into something that's out of context. Please ignore me

Anyway! This is one good chapter! But honestly (and sorry about this), I'm not good with reading and talking about poems and poetry T.T But in any case, the lack of dialogue didn't seem important because it did not affect my enjoyment of reading, and the poem was impressive because SERIously, It isn't easy to find words that make sense together, rhymes and just... poetry
12/18/2016 c2 ZuChancool
Nice piece of work... Though Im not really familiar with the characters , I still find ur writings amusing... Criticize huh..?! Darling u leave no room for that...trust me...!
12/12/2016 c2 22Mayonaka no Sasayaki
Yay, Haibara! Loved it, truly. Got nothing to complain but up maybe add 'the' for 'did not believe in the supernatural'? Feel like it'll flow better.

Great job on writing this :D
12/12/2016 c2 1Disconsolate Mist
Haibara Ai/ Miyano Shiho is a very intriguing but beautiful character, and I love her so much for that.

This was a wonderful look at her thoughts, and I think this would very much be how she thinks. To have learned hope through this whole situation, this was really sweet!

Just one thing, wait till you meet Akako, Haibara! Magic exists in your world! Mwahahaha ha! That is what I think absolutely every time a character in Detective Conan seems to doubt magic exists. :P

This was lovely, thank you! I am the worst person in the world for giving constructive criticism, if I haven't already mentioned it before, so none from me! I will just say what I loved about every story and leave it at that.

Keep up the amazing work!

Zookie
12/12/2016 c1 22Mayonaka no Sasayaki
I love it~! Don't get me wrong, both Shinichi and Kaito are actually my favourites out of the Gosho Boys but I always feel like bashing my head in from their mindset of wanting to carry everything on their own and others putting so much expectations on these poor boys. Though, I blame Aoyama-sensei for this too...allowing these amazing, foolish characters carry so much after 20 years

I don't see any mistakes, writing wise. Though, I'm guessing it's your writing still to write some words like (wasn 't ) instead of wasn't?

Again, great piece you have here :D I enjoyed it~
12/7/2016 c1 ZuChancool
Like I already said earlier you are quite the writer ... loved it... keep writing n amusing us as always...
12/7/2016 c1 1Disconsolate Mist
This sent shivers up my spine! And, for some reason almost made me burst into tears. It's a short but powerful piece, able to move a person. In other words, great job! Not a lot of stories can bring me even near tears no matter how depressing. I'm not going to go into detail as to why at the moment. But, this was beautiful!

Foolish vigilante Heroes, huh? They are pretty foolish, thinking they are capable of doing it all on their own. They really have trouble getting help from others (though Conan's probably a bit more used to help at this point than Kaito, Kaito find some help! Then again, tougher for Kaito).

Anyway, sorry for rambling on like that! This piece is amazing (if I forgot to mention it before), keep up the great work!

T